+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: A’Levels, Gove, Cummings...

A’Levels, Gove, Cummings...

Re: A’Levels, Gove, Cummings...

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    It's funny isn't it, critics of the EU used to talk about a "snouts in the trough" mentality in Strasbourg, Brussels etc, we "get Brexit done" (well, kind of) and I'm struggling to see a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    It's funny isn't it, critics of the EU used to talk about a "snouts in the trough" mentality in Strasbourg, Brussels etc, we "get Brexit done" (well, kind of) and I'm struggling to see a difference.
    This would be the same Public First company that Gove awarded a circa £1m coronavirus comms contact to under supposed emergency procurement without tender (though it is probable that the work spanned more than corona virus.

In response to these latest revelations, the government claims it had to override the usual rules for public procurement because it was responding to an emergency. There are several problems with this claim. The first is that six weeks elapsed between the government’s first recognition that coronavirus presented a potentially serious public health risk and striking the deal with Public First. The second is that, of the four contracted services later listed on the government’s website, two were not for testing the government’s coronavirus messaging at all, but for “EU exit comms”: in other words, Brexit. The coronavirus work, according to this list, did not begin until 27 May. The Cabinet Office now claims that when it said “EU exit”, it meant coronavirus. This seems an odd mistake to make.

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...rency-pandemic

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    This would be the same Public First company that Gove awarded a circa £1m coronavirus comms contact to under supposed emergency procurement without tender (though it is probable that the work spanned more than corona virus.

In response to these latest revelations, the government claims it had to override the usual rules for public procurement because it was responding to an emergency. There are several problems with this claim. The first is that six weeks elapsed between the government’s first recognition that coronavirus presented a potentially serious public health risk and striking the deal with Public First. The second is that, of the four contracted services later listed on the government’s website, two were not for testing the government’s coronavirus messaging at all, but for “EU exit comms”: in other words, Brexit. The coronavirus work, according to this list, did not begin until 27 May. The Cabinet Office now claims that when it said “EU exit”, it meant coronavirus. This seems an odd mistake to make.

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...rency-pandemic
    More snouts swilling in the trough.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ithout-tenders

I think they are saying that British snouts in the trough are acceptable, it was the foreign snouts they were objecting to.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    I think they are saying that British snouts in the trough are acceptable, it was the foreign snouts they were objecting to.
    You got it in one Dave!

I'm sure goverment contracts are subject to transparent compliance UK law requirements , check it out , if not sue and make some dosh .