+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: There's a "raft" of clubs after Neil Etheridge....................

Re: There's a "raft" of clubs after Neil Etheridge....................

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto13 View Post
    Raft of clubs is agent or club talk, only Brum has been mentioned, Bournemouth and Derby interested in Marshall perhaps we are asking too much?
    David Marshall has completed a move to Derby County this afternoon

Quote Originally Posted by olderblue View Post
    Pack, Murphy Flint would be way ahead of the list before Etheridge in my view
    Now it may be that he wants away anyway to guarantee first team football which I can understand
    In that case I would let Day go as well and make an all out effort to resign Marshall
    We should hang on to Murphy, now we've signed Moore. He might be able to get his head to some of Murphy's wayward crosses.

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    We should hang on to Murphy, now we've signed Moore. He might be able to get his head to some of Murphy's wayward crosses.
    we should hang onto him because if he has a good season he's one of the only players who will have any kind of residual value next summer

Some other thread touched on this....but cannot find......who was the last keeper to move into first team contention.
    Pretty sure it was Dilwyn John...short for a keeper but VERY good. I last saw him at Chelsea when we lost 6-0 (think it was 5-0 at half time....)...and Bobby Tambling hit the bar from thirty five yards to make it seven....

After that he didn't figure much....even though none of the goals were his fault...

An interesting read.....https://longballfootball.wordpress.c...squad-1961-62/

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    Some other thread touched on this....but cannot find......who was the last keeper to move into first team contention.
    Pretty sure it was Dilwyn John...short for a keeper but VERY good. I last saw him at Chelsea when we lost 6-0 (think it was 5-0 at half time....)...and Bobby Tambling hit the bar from thirty five yards to make it seven....

After that he didn't figure much....even though none of the goals were his fault...

15 Welshmen in that squad, those were the days! That was my third season of watching the City. My first game was in our Promotion season, us old codgers had to wait a long time to see promotion back to the top division !

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/bi...ecent-arrival/

Birmingham City reportedly remain keen on signing Cardiff City goalkeeper Neil Etheridge after their interest in Charlton Athletic’s Dillon Phillips has cooled.

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post

That's a good read thanks. I remember your namesake and he seemed to be a decent keeper but I think he broke his collar bone and struggled after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Wait til you see Joe Day . I was at Wigan away and Jesus H Christ.
    Etheridge has been kicking badly nearly every game since he's been here not just at Wigan

"I rated George Ratcliffe as City's best keeper with the ball at his feet when he was 16 or 17 - the mistakes I saw him make in that department were all to do with him being over confident because he was so comfortable with having to build from the back."

"Re Day, he can't kick"

We're talking about goalkeepers here. Has the world gone mad?

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    "I rated George Ratcliffe as City's best keeper with the ball at his feet when he was 16 or 17 - the mistakes I saw him make in that department were all to do with him being over confident because he was so comfortable with having to build from the back."

"Re Day, he can't kick"

We're talking about goalkeepers here. Has the world gone mad?
    keep up

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    keep up
    Goalies have to do keepy-upies now?

It's just crazy!

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Goalies have to do keepy-upies now?

It's just crazy!
    And wasn't Glen Campbell working on a remake of one of his famous songs just before he died. The Wichita Referee's Assistant almost finished, I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    And wasn't Glen Campbell working on a remake of one of his famous songs just before he died. The Wichita Referee's Assistant almost finished, I believe.
    I think he got in trouble with the FA first one for admitting he was working for the County. Not sure if it was Notts, Stockport, Derby or Newport but still, it's not on!

Looks like the raft may have sunk, as Birmingham sign two keepers, including a #1 from Espanyol. Karanka going big, that'll be his 8th signing.

Can’t see the word “raft” in the article, “clutch” is there and so is “number of clubs on red alert”. Anyway, he’s probably going which is just as well in these cash strapped times. Hopefully the vast amount of interested suggested by the article will lead to a bidding war. Let’s face it, we need to free up some cash to pay for Category 1 Academy status, Steve McPhail the Director of Football and a sh*te winger from Derby County as suggested in other threads.

what happened to the many millions chatter we could have got for him,seems many moons ago.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...-city-18874027

Neil Harris admits a Cardiff City goalkeeper must leave after Birmingham City make contact with Neil Etheridge