+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rugby Club Role Model.

Rugby Club Role Model.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...ailed-18772840

Wow. This rugby club described this guy as a role model for younger players. With his previous as well.

Re: Rugby Club Role Model.

Had the same thoughts when I first read the story yesterday. Probably sees his previous as just hi jinx.

He's given the bloke a sly punch which causes him to fall and break his ankle

The victim suffers from anxiety due to the attack

He's got a long record of violence

Judge decides to teach him a lesson ........gives him 16 months ........which he only has to serve 8 for

Now , we know that locking people up for minor offences is not good and can increase future criminality but 8 months for seriously injuring someone and that after numerous previous offences of violence ?

Its crazy.

What the feck the rugby club are doing describing him as a role model is behond belief. Get pissed beat people up and jump naked into fountains.

That rugby club isnt one id want to walk into.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Its crazy.

What the feck the rugby club are doing describing him as a role model is behond belief. Get pissed beat people up and jump naked into fountains.

That rugby club isnt one id want to walk into.
    Its the chairman of a Rugby Club, which is an individual. If this fella drinks in this pub they are more than likely friends.

In these clubs the chairman position is more than likely a token legacy position, where the person gets way out of his depth when the legal realities of his potion hit.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post

Judge decides to teach him a lesson ........gives him 16 months ........which he only has to serve 8 for

Now , we know that locking people up for minor offences is not good and can increase future criminality but 8 months for seriously injuring someone and that after numerous previous offences of violence ?
    He will serve "up to 8 months" in prison. That means a maximum - could be released after less than 8 months.

He had a reference from a retired magistrate would you believe! Probably some old boy who retired from playing for the club years ago and doesn't even know the defendant.

Put him outside a football ground and see how long he gets for throwing the same punch.
    Even a pub in a town or city where a game is being played.

Virtually the same crime but a very different outcome.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    Put him outside a football ground and see how long he gets for throwing the same punch.
    Even a pub in a town or city where a game is being played.

Virtually the same crime but a very different outcome.
    Someone with his record of violence with this on top punching someone at the football and continuing the attack on the ground. Years I reckon.

Can you imagine the reaction if say any of those who run buses for supporters wrote a letter saying they were polite friendly and a role model for young supporters.

Someone with his record of violence with this on top punching someone at the football and continuing the attack on the ground. Years I reckon.

Can you imagine the reaction if say any of those who run buses for supporters wrote a letter saying they were polite friendly and a role model for young supporters.
    It's crazy. How there is such a discrepancy between the two sentences is ridiculous.

How can he be a role model have such a history of violence? What sort of model is that ffs? Loads of rugby clubs have a few punchytwats when drunk mind....was it Gorseinon rugby club with city fans at Newbury a few years ago?

I understand the moral outrage this rugby playing miscreant has caused but didn’t City employ someone up until fairly recently who once attacked a colleague with a golf club prior to being taken on and tasked him with tutoring young players?

Playing devils advocate here...

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    How can he be a role model have such a history of violence? What sort of model is that ffs? Loads of rugby clubs have a few punchytwats when drunk mind....was it Gorseinon rugby club with city fans at Newbury a few years ago?

I don’t think the City fans involved in that kerfuffle were angels butt

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    I don’t think the City fans involved in that kerfuffle were angels butt
    Was it croesy and his crew? I know they were no angels but they wouldn’t be dressed up as role models either, I bet some of the rugby lads involved would have been had it ended up in court. I can see it now, Shane Williams standing up saying how they are all young angels usually, and the rugby loving judge letting them all off whilst sending the city lot down for two years.....

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Was it croesy and his crew? I know they were no angels but they wouldn’t be dressed up as role models either, I bet some of the rugby lads involved would have been had it ended up in court. I can see it now, Shane Williams standing up saying how they are all young angels usually, and the rugby loving judge letting them all off whilst sending the city lot down for two years.....
    I think a few of each set of lads ended up in court?

The truth is most rugby clubs in Wales are inhabited by absolute headers. When it comes to banging people on the jaw, there are some more than happy to do it.

Back to the original post, the lad who was said to be a role model is a massive twatt.

Wow. This rugby club described this guy as a role model for younger players. With his previous as well.
    Man can't handle his drink up there with a lot of local rugby players whose behaviour tend to go unnoticed, knew a few bouncers in Cardiff who dread them coming into their pubs .

Some local rugby clubs can be very intimidating , drunken testosterone driven , venues.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Man can't handle his drink up there with a lot of local rugby players whose behaviour tend to go unnoticed, knew a few bouncers in Cardiff who dread them coming into their pubs .

Some local rugby clubs can be very intimidating , drunken testosterone driven , venues.
    I can imagine six nations day is not one any doorman would look forward too.....none I knew enjoyed it one bit.

"he has 10 previous convictions for 12 offences including common assault, being drunk and disorderly, criminal damage, assault occasioning actual bodily harm (ABH), affray, and four public order matters."
    "The ABH, also from 2016, saw Fitzpatrick punch a man in the face in Carmarthen’s Jackson’s wine bar, knocking his victim unconscious. He then punched him several more times as he lay on the floor."

What a great role model...

Sly punch like the one NML landed on a doorman in town.

Only difference NML got his arse handed to him after it.

Was his defence ‘high jinx’? 🤷*♂️

ugh that was horrible to watch.
    why do these people have such anger inside of them?
    I think in addition to the prison sentence he needs some professional help.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    Sly punch like the one NML landed on a doorman in town.

Only difference NML got his arse handed to him after it.
    He got a kicking did he?

I missed this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    ugh that was horrible to watch.
    why do these people have such anger inside of them?
    I think in addition to the prison sentence he needs some professional help.
    Agreed. Absolutely beyond my comprehension how someone can behave like this.

He clearly needs help :-(

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    He got a kicking did he?

I missed this.
    Yeah me too!

Tell me more.....

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post

The prosecution playing the anxiety card has become as common as the defence playing on drug habit / poor up bringing / mental health for their clients. It’s one big game.

I wish they would get a little bit more creative.

I know blokes in their 40s who have spent most if their lives in prison and their childhood is still being blamed for the poor decisions they make.