+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Signing of a right back "imminent".

Signing of a right back "imminent".

And we're " very interested in bringing in another player, whose identity is as yet unknown". Neil Harris has spoken recently about looking at the loan market for newcomers, so I'm assuming that Sanderson will be signing for a few more months at least soon.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...-dion-18808890

Re: Signing of a right back "imminent".

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    And we're " very interested in bringing in another player, whose identity is as yet unknown". Neil Harris has spoken recently about looking at the loan market for newcomers, so I'm assuming that Sanderson will be signing for a few more months at least soon.

If the player's identity is unknown, how will the club know who they'll be signing?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    If the player's identity is unknown, how will the club know who they'll be signing?
    They've used this strategy before, I can think of a number of anonymous signings, Madine for starters

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    They've used this strategy before, I can think of a number of anonymous signings, Madine for starters
    footballer lucky dip.

It’s a money saving initiative - you get a lucky dip player and could end up with anyone - Bob The Builder, Boris Johnson, Mavis from Abercarn - anyone!

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    It’s a money saving initiative - you get a lucky dip player and could end up with anyone - Bob The Builder, Boris Johnson, Mavis from Abercarn - anyone!
    Fred gounongbe?

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Fred gounongbe?
    Nah. He was bought using the scrabble transfer method - we had two 'g's', two 'n's' and two 'o's' remaining just before the deadline closed.

Not a good system, glad we dropped it. I recall when we ran out of 'e's' one year and had to sign Dimitrios Konstantopoulos..

My thoughts entirely. Another classic, this time from NH's Press Conference on 26/06/20:

"The amount of games, trying to say it's one game at a time but then also listening to that advice while focusing on the next one."

StT.
    <><

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post

Pretty sure I could be a journalist for WOL with that level of insight

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Nah. He was bought using the scrabble transfer method - we had two 'g's', two 'n's' and two 'o's' remaining just before the deadline closed.

Not a good system, glad we dropped it. I recall when we ran out of 'e's' one year and had to sign Dimitrios Konstantopoulos..
    You should always keep a couple of 'e's in reserve. That's how we were able to sign Pele from Santos in the early 60's and Peters from West Ham in '66.

This blue sky thinking was sadly not maintained and the club for no apparent reason became over reliant on 'i's and 'o's for quite a number of years, leading to the signing of players such as Zois, Low and Wigg. This faux pas was however understandable following the successful signings of King and Gibson in the 1960's.

My money is on Gunter.

do we need a left back when we have robot haircut