+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Middlesbrough boss Neil Warnock wants to raid his old club Cardiff City for veteran defender Sol Bamba

Middlesbrough boss Neil Warnock wants to raid his old club Cardiff City for veteran defender Sol Bamba

Re: Middlesbrough boss Neil Warnock wants to raid his old club Cardiff City for veteran defender Sol Bamba

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    I love bamba , would be a great coach but he's 35 now isn't he ?

He won't play for us again

Re: Middlesbrough boss Neil Warnock wants to raid his old club Cardiff City for veteran defender Sol Bamba

I think this is a no-brainer if we can get Middlesbrough to pay a transfer fee.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    I think this is a no-brainer if we can get Middlesbrough to pay a transfer fee.
    Absolutely but its likely to be a free

bye sol

i thought he was being " groomed " to be a coach here, doing his badges

Sell him 2 million everything in football has a price sadly .

Thought i read a while back he wants to stay here as city offering him a coaching opportunity

Not going to get a fee for him. May take the opportunity to get him off the wage bill.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Sell him 2 million everything in football has a price sadly .

I'd take 200k for him

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post

I'd take 200k for him

One of the best and most influential players this club has ever had. Helped lift the club up by the bootstraps and get it moving forward again. A very important and motivating figure in the dressing room. Let him go at our peril. Still has a part to play as back up this coming season. Deserves more respect for what he has done here than some people are giving him.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    One of the best and most influential players this club has ever had. Helped lift the club up by the bootstraps and get it moving forward again. A very important and motivating figure in the dressing room. Let him go at our peril. Still has a part to play as back up this coming season. Deserves more respect for what he has done here than some people are giving him.
    Bore off

Ask Colin if he fancies taking Flint with him

The club won't ask for a fee. By letting Bamba leave on a free it makes the transfer go through smoother and may allow the player a better signing on package, which I'm sure in this instance the City would be more than willing to do in appreciation of Bamba's efforts while being at our club.

There's no reason why he can't return in a coaching capacity after his stint at Middlesbrough is over.

He's hardly Paolo Maldini mate. He's barely kicked a ball for the past 18 months

I'd be quite happy facing Boro with Bamba in defence, if his cameos last January are anything to go by.

I can't agree with that, Comparing him to the like of John Toshack or Brian Clark or Peter Whittingham. He did well in his first season and the year we went up but was poor in the PL and started just one League game last season. If we can get him off the wage bill the sooner he goes the better. And the bad injury he had at the tail end of 2019 hasn't helped either. We could get someone in to replace him who is 10 years younger.

It's OK shouting and cajoling other players on the pitch, and trying to emphasise your motivational capabilities, but when you are playing crap yourself it loses credibility. And his only League game was the 6-1 hammering at QPR. I just hope the reports are true.

He's a great guy, popular with the fans and was important for us at the time - but one of the best players in our history? One of the most influential players in our history?

Come on. I'm not trying to put him down, but even he wouldn't say that behind closed doors.

I'd rather see Flint offloaded. Bamba deserves his place far more.

Warnock needs the Bamba the man rather than Bamba the player, which is the same reason he should stay at City.
    Trade Flint back to them, we've probably only paid a proportion of his fee.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Warnock needs the Bamba the man rather than Bamba the player, which is the same reason he should stay at City.
    Trade Flint back to them, we've probably only paid a proportion of his fee.
    Isn’t Bamba settled here though? Always on about settling in the city....Young family etc.....Middlesbrough might be a bit of a shock

Banned

Let him go for free

Get him off the wage bill mun

He’s most probably on a decent wage seeing as he cost nothing, was told to hang on when clubless by Warnock, who was also touting himself around desperate clubs at the time, so you’d imagine he was well looked after financially when he eventually joined under Warnock. Could be a good few bob for Harris to play with should he go, it’s a no brainier in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    He’s most probably on a decent wage seeing as he cost nothing, was told to hang on when clubless by Warnock, who was also touting himself around desperate clubs at the time, so you’d imagine he was well looked after financially when he eventually joined under Warnock. Could be a good few bob for Harris to play with should he go, it’s a no brainier in my opinion.
    I can't see Bamba playing again for us anytime soon
    He may well develop into a very good coach and if the club have ambitions for him to do that here then he should be involved with the under 18s or under23s this season in that capacity
    If however he feels he has another season in him for first team football, then time to move on and take on that challenge?
    He always comes across well when interviewed or as a guest on Sky and I would like to see him develop as a coach, but at 35 in reality his playing career is over in my view, time to take the next step