Re: UCL Final: Bayern Munich v Paris Saint-Germain

9-7 to Bayern AET

Yawn ... 30 minutes in & nowt to get excited about

the europa league final was far better

hope it livens up a bit

are you guys watching the same game as me? been good stuff at both ends so far

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    are you guys watching the same game as me? been good stuff at both ends so far
    I'm watching two well matched teams who are trying to gain the initiative, but also don't want to concede first. It's almost as though there is a lot at stake on this game and all 22 players are aware of that, and it's reflected in their performance..

technically both sides are brilliant but for the average punter a goal would open the game up

wish we saw a goal in the first 10 minutes

Excellent first half with loads of chances carved out.
    Nil nil but strikers not quite on their game.

Anyone's game.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    I'm watching two well matched teams who are trying to gain the initiative, but also don't want to concede first. It's almost as though there is a lot at stake on this game and all 22 players are aware of that, and it's reflected in their performance..
    Two well matched teams. Nuff said. Needs some mistakes.

too many fouls last 15 mins..stops the flow ..should book a couple of repeat offenders

Definitely improved after a quiet first 20+ minutes. An early 2nd half goal would be great.

Goal Munich

I've noticed they've not been having mid-half drinks breaks in the CL and Europa.

I do hope we dont see them when domestic football starts again.

That was even more boring than last years final

Re: UCL Final: FT: Bayern Munich 1 - 0 Paris Saint-Germain

PSG just can't finish. Neymar is a brilliant player but how many chances does he need?

Quote Originally Posted by Kitman View Post
    That was even more boring than last years final
    Come on.. last years was probably the worst i've seen for a very long time

Despite all the wonderful things about the Bundesliga* it is such a pity that one club dominates it. Bayern Munich have won it six season on the trot and, since the inception of the Bundesliga, they have won it more times than all the other clubs put together.

*The positives are:

1. The lowest ticket prices among the major European leagues. (A season ticket at Bayern could be have been had for €145 this season)

2. The best attended football league in the world (average crowd per game)

3. Besides a few exceptions, the fans own at least 51% of the clubs, which means that they aren't subject to rebrands on the whims of wealthy owners.

4. Public transport to the games is often free of charge to fans with tickets to the games and who live in the local region.

5. Clubs don't rip off fans with outrageous booking fees and postage fees when tickets are purchased.

One curiosity of the Bundesliga is that a team from the country's capital city (Bonn until 1990, Berlin thereafter) has never won the title.

Enjoyed that game tbh, two good teams trying to figure each other out, and then the superior imposing their will. Would've been interested to see how Bayern would've reacted to going behind. That being said, the best team in Europe by far won it this year, deserved on the night and over the season.

Technically they were well matched, both teams closed each other down as soon as the opposition had the ball, no one team held the upper hand for any length of time during the game, PSG missed the best chances by far and when called to step in Neuer was brilliant.

Not a game to get the pulse racing but one to admire the skill levels on display. Too much was riding on it to make it anything else but a war of attrition in the end, with Bayern deservedly taking the title, just !

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    PSG just can't finish. Neymar is a brilliant player but how many chances does he need?
    Personally i can't stand him all his rolling around antics trying to influence the ref with his yellow card gestures not a great player in my eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    Personally i can't stand him all his rolling around antics trying to influence the ref with his yellow card gestures not a great player in my eyes.
    I'm with you on this one Whisperer. One of those players who wants to be the centre of attention all the time but unlike the truly great players, never manages it for the right reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Despite all the wonderful things about the Bundesliga* it is such a pity that one club dominates it. Bayern Munich have won it six season on the trot and, since the inception of the Bundesliga, they have won it more times than all the other clubs put together.
    Wasn't there something a few years ago where the German FA and the clubs, including Bayern, had a meeting about the problems of one or a few teams dominating and what that would do to the competition? Maybe they're not so bothered anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    I'm with you on this one Whisperer. One of those players who wants to be the centre of attention all the time but unlike the truly great players, never manages it for the right reasons.
    he didn't have a great game the other night, but he's been ridiculously good for years now.
    at whatever level he has played at he scores more than 1 in every 2 games and contributes almost as many assists as well
    in ligue 1 this season he had 13 goals from 15 games and 6 assists.
    if he'd been a bit luckier with injuries then he'd probably have scored a lot more too

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
    Wasn't there something a few years ago where the German FA and the clubs, including Bayern, had a meeting about the problems of one or a few teams dominating and what that would do to the competition? Maybe they're not so bothered anymore.
    I don't know but Bayern's income (they are the fourth richest club in the world) is a huge advantage over their rivals when they are in a league not dominated by wealthy owners - but they also have a policy of buying young players and purchasing very wisely and not splashing out exorbitant fees to purchase players. Their team that played in the semi-final cost just £90 million (and £25M of that toatl was for Neuer). Compare that to PSG's team in their semi i.e. £540M. Bayern are also very picky about only buying players with the right mentality for their club.