+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wales Nations League Squad - Updated

Wales Nations League Squad - Updated

Assume this is expected today or very soon? (seems to be quite late considering the game is next week now)

Hoping that Nico Williams gets called up. Giggs has shown a lot of faith in the youngsters so far so hopefully that (and a potential shot at the Euros next year) will convince him to commit to Wales.

Looks like Allen, Mepham and Rodon are still injured and have seen that Harry Wilson is also a doubt so could be a fair few missing from this squad.

Re: Wales Nations League Squad today ?

Quote Originally Posted by caerkid View Post
    Assume this is expected today or very soon? (seems to be quite late considering the game is next week now)

Hoping that Nico Williams gets called up. Giggs has shown a lot of faith in the youngsters so far so hopefully that (and a potential shot at the Euros next year) will convince him to commit to Wales.

Looks like Allen, Mepham and Rodon are still injured and have seen that Harry Wilson is also a doubt so could be a fair few missing from this squad.
    Aside from the obvious some players who could make the squad.... Ben Cabango, Emyr Huws, Robbie Burton, Dylan Levitt

Christian Doidge?

Why worry about Wales in a second rate competition when this is a Cardiff City messageboard?

Quote Originally Posted by Stanmore Bluebird View Post
    Why worry about Wales in a second rate competition when this is a Cardiff City messageboard?
    ?

I fully understand your query Rjk. To me following my daily bread and butter team Cardiff City trumps Wales any day. Others I know follow both equally and some people would prioritise Wales over City.

What a weird thing to think, let alone post.

Especially with all this scintillating preseason news at the moment, hard to find time for anything else !

Sarcasm aside, for the first time in ages City also now have a player who is guaranteed to be one of the first names on the sheet for Wales. Hopefully Moore can carry on his good form for Wales as he made a huge difference at the end of the last campaign.

Yes Cardiff-Cal - I am largely alone in my sentiments as anyone who travels watching City home and away with me and the London Bluebirds from the South East of England will vouch.

Yes Cardiff-Cal - I am largely alone in my sentiments as anyone who travels watching City home and away with me and the London Bluebirds from the South East of England will vouch.
    if you're going to question every non-cardiff city post on here then you're going to be a busy man.
    especially during pre-season.

6 current or former Cardiff players in the squad: Lockyer, Gunter, Vaulks, Matondo, Ramsey, Moore

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    6 current or former Cardiff players in the squad: Lockyer, Gunter, Vaulks, Matondo, Ramsey, Moore
    Lovely to see.

Bale and Cabango Cardiff born and raised too...

Surely Doidge would have added to the squad.

Full squad :
    Goalkeepers: Wayne Hennessey (Crystal Palace), Danny Ward (Leicester City), Adam Davies (Stoke City).

Defenders: Chris Gunter (unattached), Ashley Williams (unattached), Ben Davies (Tottenham Hotspur), Connor Roberts (Swansea City), Tom Lockyer (Charlton Athletic), Ethan Ampadu (Chelsea), James Lawrence (Anderlecht), Ben Cabango (Swansea City), Neco Williams (Liverpool).

Midfielders: Aaron Ramsey (Juventus), Jonathan Williams (Charlton Athletic), Harry Wilson (Liverpool), David Brooks (Bournemouth), Matthew Smith (Manchester City), Daniel James (Manchester United), Will Vaulks (Cardiff City), Joe Morrell (Bristol City), Dylan Levitt (Manchester United).

Forwards: Gareth Bale (Real Madrid), Hal Robson-Kanu (West Bromwich Albion), Tyler Roberts (Leeds United), Rabbi Matondo (Schalke), Kieffer Moore (Cardiff City).

Defence looks a bit lightweight without Mepham and Rodon but a great chance for Cabango and Williams to step in. Mixed feelings about Robson Kanu. Great player for Wales and obviously he'll always be remembered for THAT goal but it feels like Wales have found a different style of play now from Coleman . Useful as a plan B I guess and offers more experience than Roberts.

2 unattached players in the squad. By coincidence, one of the last times that happened was HRK in france. He is also back in the squad after retiring when we didnt make the world cup..

Wales Squad

for Finland & Bulgaria

Quote Originally Posted by caerkid View Post
    Full squad :
    Goalkeepers: Wayne Hennessey (Crystal Palace), Danny Ward (Leicester City), Adam Davies (Stoke City).

Defenders: Chris Gunter (unattached), Ashley Williams (unattached), Ben Davies (Tottenham Hotspur), Connor Roberts (Swansea City), Tom Lockyer (Charlton Athletic), Ethan Ampadu (Chelsea), James Lawrence (Anderlecht), Ben Cabango (Swansea City), Neco Williams (Liverpool).

Midfielders: Aaron Ramsey (Juventus), Jonathan Williams (Charlton Athletic), Harry Wilson (Liverpool), David Brooks (Bournemouth), Matthew Smith (Manchester City), Daniel James (Manchester United), Will Vaulks (Cardiff City), Joe Morrell (Bristol City), Dylan Levitt (Manchester United).

Forwards: Gareth Bale (Real Madrid), Hal Robson-Kanu (West Bromwich Albion), Tyler Roberts (Leeds United), Rabbi Matondo (Schalke), Kieffer Moore (Cardiff City).

Defence looks a bit lightweight without Mepham and Rodon but a great chance for Cabango and Williams to step in. Mixed feelings about Robson Kanu. Great player for Wales and obviously he'll always be remembered for THAT goal but it feels like Wales have found a different style of play now from Coleman . Useful as a plan B I guess and offers more experience than Roberts.
    looks strong

Re: Wales Squad

So Kieffer Moore, which games do we want him to play? All 3 of Finland and Bulgaria v. Wales and Northampton v. City on Sept 3, 5 and 6. My preference would be the Northampton game only on 5 Sept.

Re: Wales Nations League Squad - Updated

And same for Vaulks - Northampton only.

so you've decided this thread is worth contributing to now?

So we can have a massive thread about Donner Kebabs on Naan but not our national team!

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    so you've decided this thread is worth contributing to now?
    Yes, especially when it affects City. The fixture congestion is unfortunate but given that Premiership teams aren’t playing in the opening cup round; I think it is fairer for EFL supporters if premiership and European players (not sure when the European club leagues start to be fair) are given priority to play for Wales so that the EFL performers can concentrate on helping their clubs progress in their competition.

Best option for me would be if the Thursday Finland games was played a day earlier and then maybe Vaulks and Moore could play the first two games and be left out of the second international game.

So Kieffer Moore, which games do we want him to play? All 3 of Finland and Bulgaria v. Wales and Northampton v. City on Sept 3, 5 and 6. My preference would be the Northampton game only on 5 Sept.
    We get it - you don’t support wales

Hope Moore plays the full 90 against Finland and Bulgaria. The match fitness will serve him well for Cardiff too.

Gutted not to be at these games - would’ve been a quality double header.

personally I see the Northampton game as a good opportunity to get some game time into the wider squad. we are only losing 2 players it should be manageable