+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Messi on his way...

Re: Messi on his way...

Quote Originally Posted by Shute View Post
    Lionel just set the record for the most assists in a season and the first player to ever record 20+ goals and assists in a single season. He definitely still has the ability.

The problem though is Messi's salary is 50 million euros a year net, which means they pay the taxman an additional 50m. Who could afford 100m a year wages?

For example Man Utd get 15% from shirt sales, so they'd have to sell more than 9 million shirts to break even.

He could go to China.
    Because of the pandemic and the fact that the Chinese economy was slowing down before that anyway, I don't think Chinese football clubs will be throwing money around like they have in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    Because of the pandemic and the fact that the Chinese economy was slowing down before that anyway, I don't think Chinese football clubs will be throwing money around like they have in the past.
    That's probably true. The league would have to get involved to part fund it I think. Unlikely though.

So it seems the only viable option would be Real Madrid. Now that would be interesting!

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    In fact his goals scored are in another level, club record 634 goals in 731 appearances, over 40 in 10 consecutive seasons and a whopping 79 in 2012. Will there ever be another Messi?
    The most incredible stat I heard about Messi was when he scored in 19 consecutive league games against every side in the division (possibly in that amazing season in 2012).

That's probably true. The league would have to get involved to part fund it I think. Unlikely though.

So it seems the only viable option would be Real Madrid. Now that would be interesting!
    That must be the one club he definitely won't go to - so we're in with a shout!

He’s been at Barca since he was 13, there’s no way he’d go to Madrid. No doubts he and his family are settled in the city and will remain there after his playing career is over. I don’t think he will be looking for 100 million a year wages, he wants to move and no one can afford that. I wonder if Pep could persuade him? Or maybe Juve being not so far away.....

Imagine juve, Ronaldo, Messi, Rambo

Report: City weigh MLS clause in Messi offer
    https://www.tsn.ca/1.1514788.1598453969

Clever thinking if they could pull it off

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Imagine juve, Ronaldo, Messi, Rambo
    What would the average age of the team be, and who's going to do all running?

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    He's no Ronaldo.
    CR7 rules

Looks like he might be staying after all as la Liga say his £624 million price tag is valid. Just out of vinnies range I think

I can't imagine Ronaldo allowing him to go to Juve and share main man status

I would love it, LOVE IT (Keegan stylee) if he were to up and join Man Citeh.

One could only imagine the immense disappointment of all the red scousers (and there's a few on here who have shown their true colours recently) just weeks after their self-styled inauguration as the world's best footballing team after being champions of England, Europe and the World.......

oh hang on

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    I would love it, LOVE IT (Keegan stylee) if he were to up and join Man Citeh.

One could only imagine the immense disappointment of all the red scousers (and there's a few on here who have shown their true colours recently) just weeks after their self-styled inauguration as the world's best footballing team after being champions of England, Europe and the World.......

oh hang on
    I’d like to see him at Man City.....and maybe the CCS.....

Quote Originally Posted by chris lee View Post
    I think Juventus will be a great move for him, give them Ramsey, as part of the deal, having Ronaldo and Messi on the same team is something loads of people have wanted to see, and commercial would be huge income stream for Juve.

+ he is guaranteed league titles in another country which he desperately needs for his cv.
    How do you think Ronaldo would feel about this?

I con honestly say I don't care who he signs for or whether or not get retires. Great player. Thanks for the memories. But have zero invested in what he does next.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Looks like he might be staying after all as la Liga say his £624 million price tag is valid. Just out of vinnies range I think
    Derby are probably working on a way to bend the FFP rules right now. Expect Messi to have a medical soon at Pride Park.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I doubt he gives a **** tbh he's widely accepted as the best if all time and is the best paid football player of all time
    I disagree with the “Widely accepted as best player of all time” statement.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    I disagree with the “Widely accepted as best player of all time” statement.
    many people would agree though, which is why I said widely accepted

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    many people would agree though, which is why I said widely accepted
    Amongst teenagers maybe.😁

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Thank god that is over and done with .

I think the Premiership would have been a rude awaking for the lad anyway .

Wonder if his form falter now ?

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post

I think the Premiership would have been a rude awaking for the lad anyway .

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Would never handle Leeds on a cold November night

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    CR7 rules
    He's more skillful than Ronaldo. No doubt about that. But Ronaldo has more strength and determination. He can carry a team on his back. Messi could never do that.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    He's more skillful than Ronaldo. No doubt about that. But Ronaldo has more strength and determination. He can carry a team on his back. Messi could never do that.
    And he's delivered in every league he's played in, and matched that , at international level .