Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
UK........we all know about parts of London but for me parts of inner city liverpool were pretty grim

Some of the streets around goodison park , Anfield and Toxteth and croxteth were very deprived

Not done a lot of the states but Detroit and Cleveland gave me the willies
Went to the League cup game against Liverpool in 2007. Surprised how dreadful the streets around Anfield were. My sister lived in a very dodgy area of Kilburn, moved to a block of flats in Battersea and saw someone being stabbed to death outside the front. She'd never live in London again.

As for scary, when she was about 19 or 20 she went to South America chasing after a guy she'd met a few years before on a rugby trip. She crossed over a border from Colombia to Brazil and was followed at a distance by a bloke with a gun. Scared for her life, she went into a small shop just over the border and was offered shelter by the owner. Turned out her handbag was open and her camera was visibly on display, so the drug barons running the border were very suspicious of her. She managed to get a car and escaped.