+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Brave Politics

Brave Politics

Big companies should carry out random drug tests on their staff,*Shaun Bailey*has said.

The Conservative London mayor candidate said the aim of mandatory drugs tests on staff would not be to get people fired, but to change the culture around drug use.

People who buy drugs are "funding the criminals who...unleash mayhem" on London's streets, he argued.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/lond...-a4531351.html

Re: Brave Politics

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Big companies should carry out random drug tests on their staff,*Shaun Bailey*has said.

The Conservative London mayor candidate said the aim of mandatory drugs tests on staff would not be to get people fired, but to change the culture around drug use.

People who buy drugs are "funding the criminals who...unleash mayhem" on London's streets, he argued.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/lond...-a4531351.html
    https://www.onlondon.co.uk/sadiq-kha...-opinion-poll/

Sadiq Khan 49%
    Sean Bailey 26%
    Lib Dem 12%
    Green 9%

50% of first or second preference votes to win. What exactly is brave about "encouraging" companies to sign up to a Charter, particularly as you will never get into power to enact it?

Just as you the tax payer are funding a bunch of pi55 poor politicians who haven't got a clue.

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    https://www.onlondon.co.uk/sadiq-kha...-opinion-poll/

Sadiq Khan 49%
    Sean Bailey 26%
    Lib Dem 12%
    Green 9%

50% of first or second preference votes to win. What exactly is brave about "encouraging" companies to sign up to a Charter, particularly as you will never get into power to enact it?
    Politicians tend not to be so forthcoming with reality so good on him , even if it does cost him some metropolitan 30 something votes, they love a snort in the big City

Politicians tend not to be so forthcoming with reality so good on him , even if it does cost him some metropolitan 30 something votes, they love a snort in the big City
    You seem to have missed the point that the poll was taken two weeks before he said it. He has nothing to lose by coming out with these "hail marys"so what is brave about it?

You seem to have missed the point that the poll was taken two weeks before he said it. He has nothing to lose by coming out with these "hail marys"so what is brave about it?
    Not missing any point , I'm just glad someone stated the obvious about rich coccane users and the effects it has on crime and fuelling gang wars and youth related knife crime , I'm sure Sadiq has it covered though 😉

Not missing any point , I'm just glad someone stated the obvious about rich coccane users and the effects it has on crime and fuelling gang wars and youth related knife crime , I'm sure Sadiq has it covered though 😉
    Again, I get the politics bit but what's brave about it? The guy is a dead duck in the polls, the Tories are searching around for someone more charismatic and he is rolling the dice. What is he doing that is out of step with the populists that were elected?

I mean, If this was such a fantastic idea and it was such a problem that it wasn't confined to London, or even if it was, then a really brave political party with a majority of 80 seats could legislate for it I guess.

I mean, If this was such a fantastic idea and it was such a problem that it wasn't confined to London, or even if it was, then a really brave political party with a majority of 80 seats could legislate for it I guess.
    indeed knife and drugs crime are on the up , I'm not sure how or who funds Londons policing or how that is proportioned out by crime ,in a way funding probably doesn't matter if you don't stop drug intake. I'd legalise dope fund police and other drug from tax take , ,I guess though a lot more arrests will be seen that may upset some .

indeed knife and drugs crime are on the up , I'm not sure how or who funds Londons policing or how that is proportioned out by crime ,in a way funding probably doesn't matter if you don't stop drug intake. I'd legalise dope fund police and other drug from tax take , ,I guess though a lot more arrests will be seen that may upset some .
    Are you saying that the dope fund police are illegal?

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Are you saying that the dope fund police are illegal?
    Oops , lol 😆 no tax dope , fund drug crime fight .

Oops , lol �� no tax dope , fund drug crime fight .
    Rhubard, misled, billiard ball, flange.

Not missing any point , I'm just glad someone stated the obvious about rich coccane users and the effects it has on crime and fuelling gang wars and youth related knife crime , I'm sure Sadiq has it covered though ��
    If you think a law like this would be used to pressure rich city boys in London then you might want to have another go. The companies couldn't give two shits if they are on coke, this wouldn't change anything.

Gimmick.