This Morning i got on here to a message from someone who i class as a decent poster ( of old ) that they were disappointed to read i was cheating the Furlough system, it appears someone ( Jigra i guess ) is telling anyone who will listen that i have been boasting that i have cheated the Furlough scheme

The guy who messaged me said after i explained to his how it worked, maybe i should post on here so others know, so here it is, the guy might be right, he might not and no-one really gives a hoot about what i do, its longish post ( most of mine are, right ? ) so dont bother reading past here if you are not interested

1st point ( and its pretty big ) I am Self Employed so was never furloughed, the Self employed could NOT be furloughed

The SE'ed could claim a COVID-19: Self-Employment Income Support Scheme (SEISS) payment, which turned into TWO payments

You can only claim if your business has been effected by Covid19, the 2nd payment after the 14th of July

Now i wont go mention figures as that seemed to upset certain people

so let me explain how it works

HMRC take the last THREE tax returns you have submitted
They then work out a Average year
They take the Average year and work out how much profit you have per month ( lets say to keep it simple £1000, these are not my figures )

Now the 1 st payment ( first 3 months ) was for 80% of you profit = £800 per month = £2400
the 2nd payment ( 2nd 3 months ) for 70% of your profit + £700 per mont = £2100

In my case i have lost ( temporally i hope ) between £ 300 and 450, though this week another contract has 1/2'ed the frequency of the cleaaning for the foreseeable so that figure has slightly increased

it makes no difference how much you have lost, it could be £5 a month, you can still claim the above payments

HMRC say the person can still work and still claim this grant,

I trust this puts the record straight