Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
Does anyone watch games they don't have an interest in?

As for Soccer Saturday's audience, I reckon it's a lot more diverse than many people suspect. For instance, my partner watches it most weekends. She loves a few small fixed odds bets on a Saturday afternoon. Her favourite pundits are Matt Murray and Sue Smith. My closest friend's other half watches it regularly. Her favourite pundit is Matt Murray. The young lad I've been working with throughout the lockdown watches it most Saturdays. He doesn't have a favourite pundit but he can't stand Charlie Nicholas. A female colleague watches it regularly with her sister (they also like a small fixed odds bet). Their favourite pundit is Matt Murray (I'm seeing a pattern developing here.....).

I don't know whether this is true or not, but it seems to me that a lot more women are either watching football or interested in it these days compared to ten or twenty years ago. Therefore, I suspect Soccer Saturday's target audience has slowly but surely been changing.
Alright smart arse about the point regarding games of interest.

Interesting observations and points about the Soccer Saturday viewers. Not something I've noticed, probably to being one of the hordes that sometimes watch it in a pub.

I'm assuming Sky have done their research and decided to freshen up their pundits to suit their audience?

I've always viewed the show as a souped up vidiprinter.