+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kit's out for the lads (and lasses)

Re: Kit's out for the lads (and lasses)

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    Here’s a press release from the company who are sponsoring the back of the shirts. They refer to the club as the ‘Cardiff Bluebirds’.
    Have we ever been known as the ‘Cardiff Bluebirds’?

I already hate seeing more sponsors appearing on the shirts, but referring to the club by that name (making us sound like some godawful franchise) puts me right off!

https://uk.samtradefx.com/news/samtr...ardiff-city-fc
    As long as this partnership is a milestone for their platform and a further stride in their global growth strategy I don't really care. With their expansion into the European market, they are closer to their goal of being at the forefront of the global financial services industry

As for the kits:

Home: don’t like the green/grey piping on the sleeve. Apart from that it reminds me very much of the 2018/19 one, so it seems a bit unimaginative.

Away: it ends up looking a bit grey and boring, if I’m honest.

Goalkeeper kits: these are absolutely minging. My boys like to have a goalkeeper top, but they hate these.

It’s as if someone thought that the design didn’t matter, as some of the season will be behind closed doors.

After last year’s super smart home kit, I think there’s a real opportunity wasted, particularly as some of the concept kits I’ve seen were beautiful. Very disappointing.

Very boring but expected - this the last adidas year must be? High hopes for them in the beginning but just template shite all the way really - more imagination please, hopefully Nike, Umbro or New Balance next.

Quote Originally Posted by Freitag 4.17 View Post
    Very boring but expected - this the last adidas year must be? High hopes for them in the beginning but just template shite all the way really - more imagination please, hopefully Nike, Umbro or New Balance next.

I thought the Adidas contract was for 5 yrs and it started in 2015. Today's announcement would mean either that contract was for a longer period or it has been extended.

StT.
    <><

It's okay will they do it in Fat Bastard size to fit an Old Fart? Sumo size would be ideal.

One of the women in the shop told me back in October that we’ve got another two seasons with Adidas.
    If you look at the Arsenal kits, Adidas have produced some amazing ones.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    I like the home kit personally.

Away kit colour I'm not a fan of.
    When are we going back to a red away kit after all we are representing Wales in England and we can also wear it in Welsh games! 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto13 View Post
    When are we going back to a red away kit after all we are representing Wales in England and we can also wear it in Welsh games! 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
    Have the club ever considered re branding to a red colour with white, green and yellow stripes running down the right , and a big green dragon as a badge with a big Bluebird on the back .

Quote Originally Posted by Freitag 4.17 View Post
    I used to moan about this but then someone told me that the club are probably only paying for a template kit. So Arsenal pay top whack and get a nice bespoke one (like the new Wales one as well) but if you go for the basic option you just get a basic off the shelf adidas kit. It's not that adidas aren't trying, it's they're not being paid to

International

I don't know why the can't have home blue shirt white shorts and away the colours reversed. Or is that too simple? They still have a third shirt too don't they in case of clashes.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    I used to moan about this but then someone told me that the club are probably only paying for a template kit. So Arsenal pay top whack and get a nice bespoke one (like the new Wales one as well) but if you go for the basic option you just get a basic off the shelf adidas kit. It's not that adidas aren't trying, it's they're not being paid to
    Isn't the home kit bespoke this year? I haven't seen anyone else with the same design.

I thought the brands would approach the clubs for their custom rather than the other way around, although maybe that's just for the top teams. Mind you, there was that bidding war a few years back between Cosway Sports and Frank's Discount t-shirt Emporium.

I think the home kit is fine but would have preferred yellow trim on the sleeves rather than the mint green.

Also think the away kit in yellow and blue would have been nicer. Why have we gone away from yellow away shirts? Does Tan think the wizards frown on yellow or something?

Quite like the green keeper top. Are goalie tops padded these days?. Remember having a couple of GK tops as a kid which were like wearing a puffa jacket.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    As long as this partnership is a milestone for their platform and a further stride in their global growth strategy I don't really care. With their expansion into the European market, they are closer to their goal of being at the forefront of the global financial services industry
    I think they should be focusing on their core business strategy, the clear objective of providing traders with safe, easy, and affordable access to foreign exchange markets. With a network of regional presence in Malaysia, Indonesia, Vietnam, Thailand, as well as Shanghai, the brokerage has progressively expanded its operations since its establishment.

“Blue and green should never be seen, except when there’s something in between”

Boooring... and why are they adamant on white away shirts?

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
    Isn't the home kit bespoke this year? I haven't seen anyone else with the same design.
    https://www.footyheadlines.com/2020/...or-dozens.html

Maybe I should've looked harder.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
    I see the Wolves one's on that row of pics, look at their away shirt https://twitter.com/SkySportsPL/stat...840351748?s=20

you can see the really nice kit this could have been under the tablecloth they plastered over the bottom half if they'd just carried on with the white. But no they ruined it

I imagine they have something similar to this for the clubs... where they have a few extra options... white collar.

But it is essentially a template kit with "personalised" trims.

https://www.miteam.adidas.co.uk/mi-G...s_configurator

Can't remember the last decent/original city kit. Maybe Joma. Say the same thing every year.

I'm going to get the new County home if it's any good. Hummel.

Most press (and WOL) seem to praise the away kit...it is DREADFUL!!!
    Reserve judgement on the home kit....but don't liek the blue banding.....but why oh why cannot they go back to a simpler design.......it's as if they compete to come up with a more jazzy/funky strip each year.

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    Most press (and WOL) seem to praise the away kit...it is DREADFUL!!!
    Reserve judgement on the home kit....but don't liek the blue banding.....but why oh why cannot they go back to a simpler design.......it's as if they compete to come up with a more jazzy/funky strip each year.
    I like the idea of jazzy strips. It’s just that the execution is off.

Apparently, the home kit features the same graphic as the new Hungary kit, which is supposed to be an homage to the Danube river.

You can’t make it up!

https://www.footyheadlines.com/2020/...away-kits.html

Why do kits have to be "interesting"? Or "Original"? It's a ****ing blue adidas shirt. What about "less is more"?

I liked this one https://www.google.com/search?q=card...wyXzAf9Za0ylMM

why did we change to the basic VISIT MALAYSIA font? The old one is far nicer

It’s white shorts then