+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What Poster Would Make Cardiff Citys Best Manager ?

Re: What Poster Would Make Cardiff Citys Best Manager ?

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    did you see the Arsenal goal yesterday a bona fida classic futsal goal and of course arteta and pep nicked there ideas from the game and have applied to the 11 a side game

watch and learn if your going to be the next manager !!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfYNP25KgUY
    It's a developmental game for youngsters. If an adult is playing it at a high level then they've probably failed at some point in the 11 a side game.

fair point but the game itself is clinically insane for skill and technique of a football in tight situations at the top level
    been all over europe watching my lad playing and the kids are years ahead of british players in skill and technique whats required in the 11 a side game nowadays

as i 've mentioned many times before all the football associations in the UK should be following the lead like spain and the south american countries of taking this game seriously but of course it;s really lip service although the english fa are pumping money in now

was nice to see Max kilman getting singed by Wolves last year who was an england futsal international

https://www.theguardian.com/football...futsal-england

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Morris aka The Boss ......more suited to a director of football role , he is rarely here and would just pop his head around the door to check on the team pre match , we need more than that

The Lone Gunman .......intelligent bloke but goes on and on about meaningless stats and how many ex players he knows . Trouble is , they are all propping up the bar in the local . No good to us , its about the future .

Bob Wilson , great analysis of the game , a bit nostalgic but would make a good steward in the players bar as he likes a pint , as do the players

Eric The Half A Bee ........behind his forward thinking almost guman like stats lies a lot of childish smut, we don't need that in the modern game

So basically its down to me . Philosopher, thinker , tactician , I am none of those . Like my hero Brian Clough I would hobble together a team from the lower leagues , turn centre forwards into centre backs and grab this club by the back of its neck . I would talk bollocks to the press as my side would hack its way out of the championship playing simple , effective football .

Then as we got relegated I would fall into alcoholism and end up in a care home , wetting myself
    I coach u14 & u16 teams.

See myself in the Mike Bassett mold. 442 big man, little man combo up front and fast wingers.

Psychopath at centre half, preferably ginger.

fair point but the game itself is clinically insane for skill and technique of a football in tight situations at the top level
    been all over europe watching my lad playing and the kids are years ahead of british players in skill and technique whats required in the 11 a side game nowadays

as i 've mentioned many times before all the football associations in the UK should be following the lead like spain and the south american countries of taking this game seriously but of course it;s really lip service although the english fa are pumping money in now

was nice to see Max kilman getting singed by Wolves last year who was an england futsal international

I don't disagree with you. It's probably fantastic at nurturing touch, awareness, short passing in tight areas etc, but at some point (if a player is to progress towards 11 a side on an outside pitch, then stamina, strength and attitude needs to be developed as well. Futsal probably doesn't help those players who were never going to be that technical but were certainly going to be good enough for the 11 a side game, Look at Mozzer, he wouldn't stand a chance, yet he's a top level championship defender, that's one of the things i like about the 11 a side game, it suits a range of strengths, it's not exclusive. To me, futsal is a training exercise.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    I coach u14 & u16 teams.

See myself in the Mike Bassett mold. 442 big man, little man combo up front and fast wingers.

Give this man the job

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Give this man the job
    CH's = safety first and back in position. One of my u14 centre half has been nicknamed Shipman.

Up front shoot as soon as you see to whites of the keepers eyes.

I don't disagree with you. It's probably fantastic at nurturing touch, awareness, short passing in tight areas etc, but at some point (if a player is to progress towards 11 a side on an outside pitch, then stamina, strength and attitude needs to be developed as well. Futsal probably doesn't help those players who were never going to be that technical but were certainly going to be good enough for the 11 a side game, Look at Mozzer, he wouldn't stand a chance, yet he's a top level championship defender, that's one of the things i like about the 11 a side game, it suits a range of strengths, it's not exclusive. To me, futsal is a training exercise.
    fair comment i;ll leave you and Matt to churn out the usual long ball stuff as I dream of the purist stuff

futsal a training exercise that made me chuckle a typical view from the UK we are so far behind its untrue !

my last post on the game as it's only a training exercise according to 1 !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELKOHxCGoIk

juventus now taking it seriously too

https://www.juvefc.com/juventus-begin-futsal-project/

would be nice to see cardiff city . swansea city apply this method into there youth academies but think it will be met with deaf ears

fair comment i;ll leave you and Matt to churn out the usual long ball stuff as I dream of the purist stuff

futsal a training exercise that made me chuckle a typical view from the UK we are so far behind its untrue !
    Long ball, me? wrong bloke Mozz. I'll show you a first touch and pass whenever you're ready

would be nice to see cardiff city . swansea city apply this method into there youth academies but think it will be met with deaf ears
    It is a training exercise, in preparation for the real game. Nobody sets out to be a futsal player when they're a kid, it's a game for those who can't hack 11 a side (if they're adult)

Kin'ell Mozz, that first video is saying exactly what i'm saying, cheers for that

so pele and neymar just average 11 a side players then ?

oh lordy i give up time for bed !

you and matt stick to lumping it up to anything that's 6 foot 6 whilst i,m on look out for technical players

so pele and neymar just average 11 a side players then ?

oh lordy i give up time for bed !

you and matt stick to lumping it up to anything that's 6 foot 6 whilst i,m on look out for technical players
    You're not listening Mozz, i said that it's a good thing for developing players, especially youngsters, like Pele, Neymar etc, it's fantastic preparation for the 'real game' You're not really addressing my point, just agreeing with it in a funny way. As for me being a long ball merchant-how little you know.

You're not listening Mozz, i said that it's a good thing for developing players, especially youngsters, like Pele, Neymar etc, it's fantastic preparation for the 'real game' You're not really addressing my point, just agreeing with it in a funny way. As for me being a long ball merchant-how little you know.
    Peles not a youngster omg ffs

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    I coach u14 & u16 teams.

Gordon Mckenzie or was he more of a blonde ?

We are talking about the future of this club

Far too many two bit punch and Judy show Charlie's on here

We need to go big and direct

Straight talking

Organ Morgan , come out of the closet

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I like a good pun and double entendre. Maybe I end up knocking one out too often.
    Fnar fnar !

One minute, you're saying Futsal isn't a training game. The next, you're saying you wish Cardiff and Swansea would introduce Futsal as a training method for their academy players and you're highlighting the fact that Juventus are doing just that.

You're a bit confused, aren't you?

did you see the Arsenal goal yesterday a bona fida classic futsal goal
    I'm pretty sure Arsenal's goal in the Charity Shield was scored on a full-sized grass football pitch with a full-sized football by a professional football player in an 11-a-side football match. Therefore, absolutely nothing to do with Futsal.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I'll make the hard decisions and am not afraid of giving a mouthful.
    Perhaps the passage of ones play from behind may effect ones thrust and ejection up front 😉

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    LOM would be the RIGHT choice.
    I feel that the best of me has been LEFT behind in this modern new world. But thanks for the thought.

Hot stuff is Max

for those who keep trying to trip me up with how futsal has shaped the modern game have a butchers of this article if you have 5 minutes to spare . Cruyffs analysis at the end speaks volumes .All the great modern teams play this way

https://totalfootballanalysis.com/ar...ctics-analysis

Think of a player with the worst touch you can imagine.

Even they could trap a futsal. Its really hard not to trap a futsal.

for those who keep trying to trip me up with how futsal has shaped the modern game have a butchers of this article if you have 5 minutes to spare . Cruyffs analysis at the end speaks volumes .All the great modern teams play this way

https://totalfootballanalysis.com/ar...ctics-analysis
    Mozz, nobody is trying to trip you up, and nobody is saying that it hasn't shaped the game, in fact, i've acknowledged that, although you can't seem to grasp that fact and the accuse me of being a long ball merchant, just because i see futsal for what it is, a developmental small sided game, that encourages touch, movement, quick play and skill-for players who are developing and want to progress into the 11a side game. It's a great grounding.