+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: What Poster Would Make Cardiff Citys Best Manager ?

What Poster Would Make Cardiff Citys Best Manager ?

Morris aka The Boss ......more suited to a director of football role , he is rarely here and would just pop his head around the door to check on the team pre match , we need more than that

The Lone Gunman .......intelligent bloke but goes on and on about meaningless stats and how many ex players he knows . Trouble is , they are all propping up the bar in the local . No good to us , its about the future .

Bob Wilson , great analysis of the game , a bit nostalgic but would make a good steward in the players bar as he likes a pint , as do the players

Eric The Half A Bee ........behind his forward thinking almost guman like stats lies a lot of childish smut, we don't need that in the modern game

So basically its down to me . Philosopher, thinker , tactician , I am none of those . Like my hero Brian Clough I would hobble together a team from the lower leagues , turn centre forwards into centre backs and grab this club by the back of its neck . I would talk bollocks to the press as my side would hack its way out of the championship playing simple , effective football .

Then as we got relegated I would fall into alcoholism and end up in a care home , wetting myself

Re: What Poster Would Make Cardiff Citys Best Manager ?

That's an easy one.

We're looking for someone who has links with the City; who has played football to a decent level and has shown he reads the game well from his comments on here; and someone young and ballsy (for want of a better word).

Tuerto!

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    That's an easy one.

We're looking for someone who has links with the City; who has played football to a decent level and has shown he reads the game well from his comments on here; and someone young and ballsy (for want of a better word).

Tuerto!
    he lays it on thick apparently

And he's got balls

Big bloody balls

That's an easy one.

Tuerto!
    Oi, I explained the tactical advantages of playing Víctor Camarasa out on the right weeks before Warnock first played him there, (I heard Neil used to read this message board?!), so can I be Tuerto's assistant?

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Oi, I explained the tactical advantages of playing Víctor Camarasa out on the right weeks before Warnock first played him there, (I heard Neil used to read this message board!), so can I be Tuerto's assistant?
    have you got big balls ?

Cards on the table

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Oi, I explained the tactical advantages of playing Víctor Camarasa out on the right weeks before Warnock first played him there, (I heard Neil used to read this message board?!), so can I be Tuerto's assistant?
    That was an aberration - a mere flash in the pan, and the way I saw it, Camarasa only played on the right to be near Warnock so he could explain what he wanted him to do.

No, we want someone who can take the hard knocks and still come back smiling - a well-travelled family man who can put an arm around a shoulder and whisper platitudes.

Arise; Blue Matt!

That was an aberration - a mere flash in the pan, and the way I saw it, Camarasa only played on the right to be near Warnock so he could explain what he wanted him to do.

No, we want someone who can take the hard knocks and still come back smiling - a well-travelled family man who can put an arm around a shoulder and whisper platitudes.

Arise; Blue Matt!
    If there is anyone better suited to the roller coaster ride that is Championship football I would be very surprised

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    If there is anyone better suited to the roller coaster ride that is Championship football I would be very surprised

A good point, but I worry that the transfer kitty might burn a hole in his pocket. Just saying.....

WB for me with Ronnie Bird and Organ Morgan as assistants .

Me. Useless at football never rising above Division 4 in the Cardiff and District League and not having a clue about tactics. I care about the survival of the club financially going forward rather than performance on the pitch or signings making me an ideal manager in the eyes of the Board; financial prudence is my watchword. That is why I have supported the club faithfully for over 50 years through thin and thinner even enjoying our years in the lower Divisions. So I don't give a toss about the Premier League where we get outplayed every week and believe our rightful place in the football hierarchy is the Championship.

How's that for a CV?

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Morris aka The Boss ......more suited to a director of football role , he is rarely here and would just pop his head around the door to check on the team pre match , we need more than that

The Lone Gunman .......intelligent bloke but goes on and on about meaningless stats and how many ex players he knows . Trouble is , they are all propping up the bar in the local . No good to us , its about the future .

Bob Wilson , great analysis of the game , a bit nostalgic but would make a good steward in the players bar as he likes a pint , as do the players

Eric The Half A Bee ........behind his forward thinking almost guman like stats lies a lot of childish smut, we don't need that in the modern game

So basically its down to me . Philosopher, thinker , tactician , I am none of those . Like my hero Brian Clough I would hobble together a team from the lower leagues , turn centre forwards into centre backs and grab this club by the back of its neck . I would talk bollocks to the press as my side would hack its way out of the championship playing simple , effective football .

Then as we got relegated I would fall into alcoholism and end up in a care home , wetting myself

LOM would be the RIGHT choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Me. Useless at football never rising above Division 4 in the Cardiff and District League and not having a clue about tactics. I care about the survival of the club financially going forward rather than performance on the pitch or signings making me an ideal manager in the eyes of the Board; financial prudence is my watchword. That is why I have supported the club faithfully for over 50 years through thin and thinner even enjoying our years in the lower Divisions. So I don't give a toss about the Premier League where we get outplayed every week and believe our rightful place in the football hierarchy is the Championship.

How's that for a CV?
    Well its the best so far of what is in reality a poor line up

I am right behind you

he is ruthless

I like a good pun and double entendre. Maybe I end up knocking one out too often.

Maxim he would make sure our future is in safe hands

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I like a good pun and double entendre. Maybe I end up knocking one out too often.
    I think under your leadership we would go down too easily and end up coming from behind

Arise; Blue Matt!
    Im touched

I would be so well liked by all the fans, so i am almost there

Couldnt ignore that

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    A good point, but I worry that the transfer kitty might burn a hole in his pocket. Just saying.....
    It does have a habit of doing that but sssshhhhhh we shouldnt talk about it

On a serious note, I am just going to pay my £390 to do my Lv 2 Coaches course so only a few badges away

Well ive had a good think since my last post ( didnt take long )

My 1st choice would have been Tuerto, he had played at a decent level

but as Ive been mentioned i will gladly accept

think I'll lock this thread right now before anyone objects about my appointment

I think under your leadership we would go down too easily and end up coming from behind
    I'll make the hard decisions and am not afraid of giving a mouthful.

sorry blue matt but you and tuerto would only go down the route 1 way so that a no no from me

I would offer my services and bring the ticka tacka style in straight away the problem i got is that not 1 current player could play that way so i;ll stick with futsal for now a far better game anyway

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    sorry blue matt but you and tuerto would only go down the route 1 way so that a no no from me

I would offer my services and bring the ticka tacka style in straight away the problem i got is that not 1 current player could play that way so i;ll stick with futsal for now a far better game anyway
    and so it begins ........ i knew i should have locked the thread

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post

Futsal, the game adults play when they've failed at 11 a side.

did you see the Arsenal goal yesterday a bona fida classic futsal goal and of course arteta and pep nicked there ideas from the game and have applied to the 11 a side game

watch and learn if your going to be the next manager !!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfYNP25KgUY