+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sevilla v Man United - Europa League Semi

Sevilla v Man United - Europa League Semi

Decent game this, currently 1-1 at H/T.

MU look good going forward but defensively shaky.
    Young kid Williams caught out for Sevilla's equalising goal.

Re: Sevilla v Man United - Europa League Semi

didn't think the penalty awarded to man utd was a good decision . the ball run away from the player before there was contact

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Decent game this, currently 1-1 at H/T.

MU look good going forward but defensively shaky.
    Young kid Williams caught out for Sevilla's equalising goal.
    Sevilla keeper having a blinder.

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    didn't think the penalty awarded to man utd was a good decision . the ball run away from the player before there was contact
    I too was surprised it was given as he'd played advantage and let him.get his shot away but if it was outside the box you'd have to say it was a free kick, reckless challenge.
    Therefore the referee got it right IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    Sevilla keeper having a blinder.
    Isn't he just.
    Lady luck on their side, for now.

2-1 Sevilla.
    Awful defending again!

2-1 FT

Mcguire was day dreaming on there first goal too . looking for players around him instead of the ball when the ball came across

school boy stuff

Not sure chasing Jadon Sancho should be United's biggest priority. Defence wins titles.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    Not sure chasing Jadon Sancho should be United's biggest priority. Defence wins titles.
    Sancho definitely improves them, but yeah they have far bigger problems in defence.
    man u can probably afford to strengthen both though

So reliant on Fernandes and penalties.

What a signing he has been though.

Sancho will give them far more going forward. Defensively I thought apart from the 2nd goal they did alright, seville were really restricted to few chances whilst man United cut through them a lot but couldn't finish.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    So reliant on Fernandes and penalties.

What a signing he has been though.

Sancho will give them far more going forward. Defensively I thought apart from the 2nd goal they did alright, seville were really restricted to few chances whilst man United cut through them a lot but couldn't finish.
    both goals they were poor defensively, and in the first half tgey always looked like they would make another cockup.
    their young left back was in the middle of nowhere for the first , whereas the second was just incredibly bad defending, unmarked in the middle of the goal about 6 yards out .
    they have underlying issues in defence, that their above average attack has bailed them out of on a number of occasions, and it could easily have last night as well if some of their chances go in, but that wouldn't mean the problems aren't t there.

Fernandes has been the shining light where others have been pretty ordinary.
    We've mentioned the defensive problems and Pogba seems to just go through the motions.

Also I can't believe what has happened to Rashford, promised much when he burst onto the scene with LVG in charge, he looks a shadow of his former self and low on confidence.

I think they miss Lukaku as the proper target man as they look like walking the ball in the net.

Anyway enough of them, we have our own problems here... and I'll take Rashford! :Biggrin:

First Team

Bit unfair on Rashford as he has scored a fair amount of goals this season.
    No idea of his general play as only ever see him on MOTD but he is still some talent and always looks like a real threat with England.

Quote Originally Posted by Majorblue View Post
    No idea of his general play as only ever see him on MOTD but he is still some talent and always looks like a real threat with England.
    he's had a really good season from what I've seen, but last night he was poor, don't think he beat his man once

They should try to sign Ampadu as DMF, he's a Man Utd player if I even saw one. I seem to recall Ferguson watched him when he was 13 and instructed his scouts to follow up, but he was on his way out of the door at the time. They also need another central defender and a creative midfielder.

Quote Originally Posted by Majorblue View Post
    I have to admit that I have not seen every minute of MR playing this season and perhaps I'm a little unfair on the lad but he has struggled in the games I've watched him.
    He got booked for petulance last night which is not like him, as he usually just gets on with the game, which suggested to me he is isn't happy.

He could probably do with the rest and hopefully regains his form as I like him as a player and a person.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    I have to admit that I have not seen every minute of MR playing this season and perhaps I'm a little unfair on the lad but he has struggled in the games I've watched him.
    He got booked for petulance last night which is not like him, as he usually just gets on with the game, which suggested to me he is isn't happy.

He could probably do with the rest and hopefully regains his form as I like him as a player and a person.
    He's far better than we saw last night, and he wasn't the only player to have an off-day.

I think a fair amount of credit should go to Sevilla as well - they do well in a league dominated by two clubs and have been in the final of this competition quite a few times as well

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    They should try to sign Ampadu as DMF, he's a Man Utd player if I even saw one. I seem to recall Ferguson watched him when he was 13 and instructed his scouts to follow up, but he was on his way out of the door at the time. They also need another central defender and a creative midfielder.
    man utd are looking for players to take them into contention for winning the league at this stage. ampadu hasnt shown anything like that kind of ability yet.
    I think they need a left back a centre back and a defensive midfielder.
    creatively theyre ok, and if they get Sancho even better

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    man utd are looking for players to take them into contention for winning the league at this stage. ampadu hasnt shown anything like that kind of ability yet.
    I think they need a left back a centre back and a defensive midfielder.
    creatively theyre ok, and if they get Sancho even better
    They are at least three years off competing with the best teams, so best to start building the new foundations now

They are at least three years off competing with the best teams, so best to start building the new foundations now
    20 shots on target I heard on the radio last night ?? I wonder if Utd see OGS appointment in March 19 as a success or progress ?

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    20 shots on target I heard on the radio last night ?? I wonder if Utd see OGS appointment in March 19 as a success or progress ?
    OGS is possibly a contributing factor, and personally I'd get somebody like Nagelsmann in. Besides the manager, Mata & Matic are both 32 and won't play any part in the future. Pogba is 28 next birthday, so sell now to recoup some cash as he is too hit & miss, and moody on and off the field. Get in some young potentially world class players and let the team develop organically. A manager like Nagelsmann would know what to do. Man Utd have been shite since Ferguson left , so there's no hurry.

OGS is possibly a contributing factor, and personally I'd get somebody like Nagelsmann in. Besides the manager, Mata & Matic are both 32 and won't play any part in the future. Pogba is 28 next birthday, so sell now to recoup some cash as he is too hit & miss, and moody on and off the field. Get in some potential young world class players and let the team develop organically. A manager like Nagelsmann would know what to do. Man Utd havebeen shite since Ferguson left , so there's no hurry.
    I'd lose Pogba when I've seen him play he looks confused ,out of position ,doesn't want to track back , has undoubted talent in flashes but not consistent enough for the day in and out Premiership , Ramsey would be a better option .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I'd lose Pogba when I've seen him play he looks confused ,out of position ,doesn't want to track back , has undoubted talent in flashes but not consistent enough for the day in and out Premiership , Ramsey would be a better option .
    Pogba is great player, but he's not a Man Utd player, and he probably doesn't even want to be in Manchester. His next move will be his last for decent money, so cash-in now.