+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Where are we going to finish this year?

Re: Where are we going to finish this year?

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    everyone seems very optimistic, we all know the championship can bite you in the arse
    Well it’s better than everyone being as pessimistic as the OP!!!

From the time Harris joined the club we were the 3rd highest points scorers in the league, we’ve got a settled squad of good players at this level, we were terrific post lockdown, so people have every right to be optimistic about the coming season.

Top 6, add another creative midfielder and winger top 2

Four four two magazine have us finishing 6th which seems a reasonable assessment , it’s a decent read, see link below

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features...tion-play-offs

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone View Post
    Four four two magazine have us finishing 6th which seems a reasonable assessment , it’s a decent read, see link below

A good read - although I would be amazed if Bournemouth finished as low as 11th. I can see them in the top 6

I reckon with one decent playmaker to compete with Tomlin then a top 6 finish is a realistic goal. With another half decent winger too then it's would be a surprise if we didn't easily make the play-off.

With the current squad we may just fall agonisingly short... either way it certainly looks to be another exciting season and I can't wait!

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    7th ~ 9th, unless we sign a #10/creative midfielder to rotate with Tomlin, then play-offs are possible
    My thoughts exactly.
    No creative midfield addition then somewhere around 10th

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    I was assuming mid table obscurity maybe lower but looking at the betting people are thinking we’re going to be reasonably high scoring and roughly 5th favourite.
    I think it depends on the No.10 / attack/winger we want to bring in.

I'm very happy with the 2 so far, great business. But strengthening the attacking midfield area is critical, Tomlin has carried us in terms of flair under Harris and if he can remain fit and we get someone else in to support that position

If we do then I would say that we can finish in positions 2nd, 3rd or 4th. Otherwise 5th, 6th, 7th or 8th.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone View Post

Seems to imply we’re just long ball merchants, with no players mentioned.
    That could work to our advantage.

What we will have is a settled team, settled management team and an experienced squad of hardened championship players which is vital in this division

I will be amazed if we are not top 6

Quote Originally Posted by Poolerblue View Post
    What we will have is a settled team, settled management team and an experienced squad of hardened championship players which is vital in this division

I will be amazed if we are not top 6
    I wouldn't be amazed if we were top six or bottom 6. anything can happen in the championship there's a gnats cock between 90% of the teams each season