+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where are we going to finish this year?

Where are we going to finish this year?

I was assuming mid table obscurity maybe lower but looking at the betting people are thinking we’re going to be reasonably high scoring and roughly 5th favourite.

Re: Where are we going to finish this year?

I think mid table, but the championship is always so close so in reality could be anywhere between 4th and 20th

I'll go for 6th - 10th with a chance at the playoffs into the last few weeks, but you never know.

If we manage that, and are able to bring through a couple of youngsters at this level then I'll be reasonably happy. Bearing in mind that we lose parachute payments next season so there'll be more cost cutting on the way.

I'm very optimistic especially if we build on the positive aspects of the back end of last season , top 6 should be achievable .

4th.

I fancy us to go up as Champions.

Last season I predicted we would finish 12 or 13th, and it looked like that's where we were going to finish. But typical City they astound me by putting a run together and finishing 5th.

So this year I'll say 8th. Keeper and defence are OK, not sure about our new right back. Midfield is OK. But we should get more goals from our strikers. But yet again there are a lot of good teams in the mix.

2nd

Who knows? The promoted clubs are unknown quantities. As are the relegated clubs, at least somewhat. One would imagine Watford and Norwich should do well. Bournemouth could go into freefall. They could also be champions. Then you've got Brentford. And I imagine Stoke will do better this term. I would be surprised if we don't make the top 8. I would not be surprised if we made the top 6.

Top six and with a bit of luck , automatic

Top two!

StT.
    <><

7th

I'm a bit more optimistic than at the start of last season. Whilst CV impact is still an ongoing variable, as is the unknown of potentially more players coming in and leaving, I'll go for 5th to 10th. Looking down the fixtures there is not much to fear and we have quite a good run in at the end of the season.

Most of the bookies odds I have seen so far put us 7th behind the relegated teams, Brentford, Forest and Stoke.

All of them are rebuilding more than us for different reasons (Stoke training with zimmer frames!).

I think Harris is right to talk about momentum from last season, and the continuity of squad - with maybe 4 quality additions come the end of the window, and a few very useful youth players - should see us into the top 6.

Harris is also showing an ability to adapt, and change formation and tactics. Good to see.

If Tomlin and Moore click and Tomlin stays fit we could do well, I'll say 4th

Between 3rd and 5th.
    Comfortably in the playoffs but not quite good enough for automatic. Similar to Brentfords season last time out.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    I fancy us to go up as Champions.
    Me too!

2nd

7th-10th although I do feel the 3 relegated teams are weaker than recent years

everyone seems very optimistic, we all know the championship can bite you in the arse

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    everyone seems very optimistic, we all know the championship can bite you in the arse
    Top 6 easily possible
    3 promoted teams unlikely to challenge
    Of the 3 relegated Wats and Bournemouth breaking up squads , managerial turmoil - only Norwich likely to be strong
    Of play off losers Swans lost loanees plus other key players and seem skint, Brentford dismantled and relying on new transfers to gel quickly whilst we have strengthened so far
    Otherwise Forest look good, possibly Wurzels but unknown,
    Weds already out
    Otherwise it only leaves realistically the likes of Stoke, Blackburn, Preston and Millwall
    Money seems tight and can’t see anyone else making the jump
    I think it is a weak division and offers a good opportunity this year

7th ~ 9th, unless we sign a #10/creative midfielder to rotate with Tomlin, then play-offs are possible

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    7th ~ 9th, unless we sign a #10/creative midfielder to rotate with Tomlin, then play-offs are possible
    Yes, another creative midfielder who can ease the burden on Tomlin.

My concern is that we have too many players in their thirties or very close to reaching them, but I'd still put myself in the quietly confident category for the coming season.

Champions if Tomlin stays fit and motivated. 8th if not.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Let’s allow everyone to be optimistic- it’s the beginning of the season! It’ll soon change!