+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vassell

Re: Vassell

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    velikonja looked destined for bigger clubs than us before he had a serious knee injury as well.

I wonder if the club has some good links with some leading orthopaedic surgeons so feel they are able to take a riskier approach on players than other clubs.
    the heath has the largest orthopaedic department in the UK I think.
    Just on this......my best friend from school is an orthopaedic consultant and still lives in Cardiff.

He did some work for the club a few years back and his comments on orthopaedic work in sport are very interesting:

For example, when we signed Robbie Fowler, various consultants declined to give him a clean bill of health so the club just kept searching until they found one who would....

The ‘celebrity’ consultants that lots of players ‘choose’ (e.g. Richard Steadman in Colorado for example who treated Michael Owen, who my mate has visited in both a professional and personal capacity) don’t use techniques that are any more advanced than consultants use here. In fact the very opposite is true.

So when you hear of a player choosing to fly to Barcelona or wherever for treatment from a particular consultant, it is highly unlikely that the treatment they will receive is even as advanced as if they were privately treated here.

Quote Originally Posted by 198bore View Post
    Has there ever been a more nailed on failure than this guy?
    The failure signed him.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    Just on this......my best friend from school is an orthopaedic consultant and still lives in Cardiff.

He did some work for the club a few years back and his comments on orthopaedic work in sport are very interesting:

For example, when we signed Robbie Fowler, various consultants declined to give him a clean bill of health so the club just kept searching until they found one who would....

The ‘celebrity’ consultants that lots of players ‘choose’ (e.g. Richard Steadman in Colorado for example who treated Michael Owen, who my mate has visited in both a professional and personal capacity) don’t use techniques that are any more advanced than consultants use here. In fact the very opposite is true.

So when you hear of a player choosing to fly to Barcelona or wherever for treatment from a particular consultant, it is highly unlikely that the treatment they will receive is even as advanced as if they were privately treated here.
    Makes sense , best practices and all that , that how best health and rehabilitation care has evolved in the western world .

Lovely guy, bags of talent and pace, awful signing.

We are not in a position to take expensive gambles on injury prone players in the hope we can be the miracle cure to their injuries.

How long left on his contract ?

Quote Originally Posted by Fine Lines View Post
    How long left on his contract ?
    Best part of 2 years.