+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: FT: Northampton 3 - 0 Cardiff City

Re: Northampton vs Cardiff - Carabao Cup match thread

I thought one of the aspects of starting from where we left off was to not fanny around with the formation?

Our biggest defeat at Northampton is 4-0, on new year's day 1997. Still time to match that.

This is our 7th fixture against Northampton in cup or playoff competition (considering some 2 legged affairs). We beat them in the FA cup in 1937 but they've knocked us out on each of the 6 occasions since.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Smithies MOM.
    Sang for at least showing some quality in 5 mins

Like others I'll not be renewing club TV season ticket at £140, especially when many games not available....and can watch on streams....
    As for today it sounds like a real shambles...certainly not worth a tenner.... Newport 2 Swansea 0....

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Usual cup game meltdown by our posters.
    People are annoyed that we're losing 3-0 to a league one team. Should we pretend it isn't happening? Remember when we got the final of this competition and took Liverpool to extra time and penalties? Now it's a ****ing training game and it doesn't sound like whatever NH is trying to do is working. Let's all have a ****ing disco.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    People are annoyed that we're losing 3-0 to a league one team. Should we pretend it isn't happening? Remember when we got the final of this competition and took Liverpool to extra time and penalties? Now it's a ****ing training game and it doesn't sound like whatever NH is trying to do is working. Let's all have a ****ing disco.
    It’s Warnock all over again, I’m afraid!

Embarrassing performance in the cup..........................again. We even played with a strong team. Radio Wales commentator stated, before the match started, that we would play with a strong team up to half time, get a good lead and then bring on the youngsters. What a joke. Even the bookies had us as favourites so it seems our normally poor cup runs has continued against a team that was in League 2 last season. Pathetic.

We get 3 opportunities at Trophies, at we're out of one of those before the season has really started. We've capitulated in cups for nearly a decade now. If it was the U23's there would be a little more sympathy but this team has at least 8 of the starting 11 in. It's simply not good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    We get 3 opportunities at Trophies, at we're out of one of those before the season has really started. We've capitulated in cups for nearly a decade now. If it was the U23's there would be a little for sympathy but this team has at least 8 of the starting 11 in. It's simply not good enough.
    Fair point. Why don’t we just play the Under-23s and give the first team a rest!

Another sickening cup capitulation. Just as well it’s only a few each year. In any other business, there would be an enquiry.

Terrible performance. No positives whatsoever 🤬

we lost 3-0 to a league 1 side ffs. some people paid a tenner to watch that crap of course they are going to be pissed off.

Re: FT: Northampton 3 - 0 Cardiff City

That was a rubbish first round capitulation.... again.

Apart from poor individual and collective performances all over the pitch we also saw the 3/5 at the back set up abandoned half way through the second half - just as it was abandoned last season after the fiasco at QPR on New Years Day. Is that the end of it and the end of playing Osei-Tutu and Bennett as wing backs? And the end of Sol as a starting CB?

The only positives were Alex Smithies and Tom Sang.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    That was a rubbish first round capitulation.... again.

Apart from poor individual and collective performances all over the pitch we also saw the 3/5 at the back set up abandoned half way through the second half - just as it was abandoned last season after the fiasco at QPR on New Years Day. Is that the end of it and the end of playing Osei-Tutu and Bennett as wing backs? And the end of Sol as a starting CB?

The only positives were Alex Smithies and Tom Sang.
    You'd hope so

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    You'd hope so
    No time for sentiment. Shouldn’t have been given a contract extension in the first place.

Strongish side but still missing Tomlin, NML, Vaulks, Ralls, Moore, all of which if fit I'd expect in the 11.

I don't mind Harris changing up the formation, we switched to it in a couple of games to see out matches post lockdown and it looked ok.

Ultimately we are just poor in the cups, certainly since 2012.

To be fair if there is a season to not have too many cup matches its probably this one. Not that it makes me feel much better about the result but it is what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    No time for sentiment. Shouldn’t have been given a contract extension in the first place.
    Couldn't agree more - pay him up and feck him off

We've conceded 18 goals in the 6 competitive matches that Bamba has started since he returned from his knee injury.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    I kind of get it if they see him as a future coach or potentially even as a manager, but from a playing point of view its madness, he's past it now unfortunately

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    Couldn't agree more - pay him up and feck him off
    I'm glad you aren't in charge of the finances.

The only postives I can think of is we are out of the 'whatever , cup and we can fix the issues laid bare as a result of this experimental formation and team selection, sorry Bamba is no longer a first team pick

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    I'm glad you aren't in charge of the finances.
    If I was in charge of the finances rest assured we wouldn’t be in this situation.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Saturday 3pm

£10 pass If you want to watch

Thought it would be cheaper than that

https://www.ntfc.co.uk/news/20202/se..._cardiff_live/
    Did we play 5 at the back (or three centre halves at least) against the mighty Cobblers and wasn’t the last time we tried that away at QPR last season?!

I just watched the ‘highlights’ on Sky - it looked terrible. Why did the whole team just watch for the third goal?

Didnt play to Glatzels strengths again.

Seriously him and some others need to be mafe available for frees.