+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: FT: Northampton 3 - 0 Cardiff City

Re: FT: Northampton 3 - 0 Cardiff City

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    No time for sentiment. Shouldn’t have been given a contract extension in the first place.
    Exactly.

35 years old. His best quality is that he always gives 100%. 100% of a 35-year-old journeyman is not good enough for a Championship team with any ambition. Thanks Sol. Later.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    You are reading far more into the formation than you need to. I don’t think Neil Harris is trying to be Johan Cruyff he used a different formation in a couple of friendlys because his hands were tied with available personnel and it didn’t work yesterday. Big deal. Due to the way it’s fallen this year, especially in the international break it was just about getting some minutes in the legs. He had nothing on the bench to change it. A load of defenders and kids.

Once he has his options back from injury and international duty this week we won’t be seeing Sol in the starting line up.

Harris is far more flexible with systems than Warnock and we were crying out for that. He will change a system with substitutions and we were very high up on the points gained after substitutions table last season.

Johan Cruyff he may not be but he’s no mug either.
    Let’s disagree on this one then.

Being more flexible than Warnock is hardly a huge endorsement.

Harris changed things around, using a system that has failed spectacularly previously, and THEN blames the players.

Even my sons said before the game: ‘how is THIS going to work?’

Rubbish management.

Get used to it, Harris is a Poundland Warnock.

Same old garbage ‘learned something about the players etc.’

Players like Pack and Glatzel, are not good enough.

Hopefully, Cunningham can produce at this level, as Bennett is a liability.

We clearly need a decent attacking midfield player, as for the fourth season running we’ll be talking about how well Tomlin did to complete 65 minutes, when he actually plays, and how he’s getting fitter.

You can’t rely on him.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    Let’s disagree on this one then.

Being more flexible than Warnock is hardly a huge endorsement.

Harris changed things around, using a system that has failed spectacularly previously, and THEN blames the players.

Even my sons said before the game: ‘how is THIS going to work?’

Rubbish management.
    What he says was correct. It doesn’t matter what system you play if you don’t win your battles and don’t play with the right attitude you are going to get beat.

He changed things around because the team was threadbare in midfield and attack.

You swear he had 25 first team player’s available and choose to play 3-5-2

Even the majority of the youngsters who have been with the squad and were available were defenders or defensive midfielders.

Didnt Harris switch to 3 at the back at half time in one of the end of season games and it proved successful and was complimented by the Sky commentators.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Didnt Harris switch to 3 at the back at half time in one of the end of season games and it proved successful and was complimented by the Sky commentators.
    I don't remember that - although my memory is not what it was. I do remember Sol coming on for the last few minutes against Bristol City and Middlesborough as a third CB to keep things safe at the end. I can't remember that happening as a half time change.

QPR on New Years Day was the last time in the league we set out to play with three CBs and wing backs from the start of the match. It was not a total success.