+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 20/21 season tickets - the current situation.

20/21 season tickets - the current situation.

The Trust has just sent out an e-mail to members as follows;-

"20/21 season tickets - the current situation.

As members will recall we raised the issue of the way season tickets were being sold without any formal consultation with supporter groups.

The club said at the time of the ticket launch in July that they would not offer season ticket holders any price reduction or cash refund in the event of matches being played behind closed doors.

We thought this was wrong and the Football Supporters’ Federation agreed and also strongly criticised the actions of Cardiff City management.

However, we’re pleased to say that Nic Heslop, Head of Commercial, has this week written to supporters to say: “We are now delighted to confirm that the EFL have granted the club the ability to issue a streaming pass to every season ticket holder at the value of £10 including VAT per game.

“The club will then combine the streaming pass along with the difference in ticket price paid to make a pro-rata credit to compensate for any games that season ticket holders are unable to attend. Credits will then be held on each season ticket holders’ account to use towards the 21-22 season ticket.”

While the club is not offering immediate pro-rata refunds– unlike some clubs like our rivals at Bristol City – the club has gone some way to recognising the concerns of supporters.

The Trust has been in contact with the club and anticipate that communication and consultation with fans’ groups will return to the good levels experienced prior to the season ticket announcement issue.

Keith Morgan

Trust Chair"

Re: 20/21 season tickets - the current situation.

Has this week ‘written to supporters’. Which ones?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    Has this week ‘written to supporters’. Which ones?
    You'd think it would be season ticket holders but I haven't had anything from the club.

"we’re pleased to say that Nic Heslop, Head of Commercial, has this week written to supporters to say: “We are now delighted to confirm that the EFL have granted the club the ability to issue a streaming pass to every season ticket holder at the value of £10 including VAT per game.

“The club will then combine the streaming pass along with the difference in ticket price paid to make a pro-rata credit to compensate for any games that season ticket holders are unable to attend. Credits will then be held on each season ticket holders’ account to use towards the 21-22 season ticket.”"

Can someone please explain in plain English what this means!

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    "we’re pleased to say that Nic Heslop, Head of Commercial, has this week written to supporters to say: “We are now delighted to confirm that the EFL have granted the club the ability to issue a streaming pass to every season ticket holder at the value of £10 including VAT per game.

“The club will then combine the streaming pass along with the difference in ticket price paid to make a pro-rata credit to compensate for any games that season ticket holders are unable to attend. Credits will then be held on each season ticket holders’ account to use towards the 21-22 season ticket.”"

I think it means that if your season ticket works out to £17 a game, for any games played behind closed doors they'll take ten pounds for you to view it online and give you £7 credit towards next year's season ticket

Suppose you paid £X for your season ticket.

The price per game is £X/23.

For every game played behind closed doors or with a reduced stadium capacity that you are unable to attend, you will receive a credit of £(X/23 - 10) towards your 2021/22 season ticket.

This seems fair enough to me.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    I think it means that if your season ticket works out to £17 a game, for any games played behind closed doors they'll take ten pounds for you to view it online and give you £7 credit towards next year's season ticket
    OK, that I can understand! Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Suppose you paid £X for your season ticket.

The price per game is £X/23.

For every game played behind closed doors or with a reduced stadium capacity that you are unable to attend, you will receive a credit of £(X/23 - 10) towards your 2021/22 season ticket.
    And the £10 taken off enables you to watch the game via Internet?

And the £10 taken off enables you to watch the game via Internet?
    Yes, that's how I interpreted it

Just a quick point that I do not understand from reading the statement above. I thought that season ticket holders would have a free pass for games to watch online. Now season ticket holders are being charged £10 per game? Or am I reading the statement incorrectly.
    I think the way that Bristol City have handled it is the way that our club should too really.

Quote Originally Posted by city1927 View Post
    Just a quick point that I do not understand from reading the statement above. I thought that season ticket holders would have a free pass for games to watch online. Now season ticket holders are being charged £10 per game? Or am I reading the statement incorrectly.
    I think the way that Bristol City have handled it is the way that our club should too really.
    That was for post lockdown though, I don't think any such promises have been made this season? Or have they? It was a while ago they came out

Received my letter yesterday. Not sure there is great value in the online viewing at £10 a go but at least it is now worthwhile considering renewing.

anybody know about concessions tickets and what will we be charged.

With last year’s credit, a Canton ST works out at £9 per match. Does this mean we actually owe the club £1 a game???

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    That was for post lockdown though, I don't think any such promises have been made this season? Or have they? It was a while ago they came out
    https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/tickets/seasontickets

It says off the above link regarding streaming:-
    "Streaming

In the event that any home fixtures included as part of your Season Ticket are played behind closed doors, or with a reduced capacity (that affects your purchase) during the 2020/21 season as a consequence of the COVID-19 pandemic, it will be our intention (subject to governing body permissions) that you will be provided, free of any charge, a streaming voucher to view the fixture.

Whilst we appreciate that not all supporters may wish (or be able to make use of) streaming services, there will be no price reduction or cash refund to a season ticket available in the event a fixture must be played behind closed doors."

So I am now confused they are now charging for something that they offered for free? Is that correct?

I am really confused

Quote Originally Posted by city1927 View Post
    https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/tickets/seasontickets

It says off the above link regarding streaming:-
    "Streaming

In the event that any home fixtures included as part of your Season Ticket are played behind closed doors, or with a reduced capacity (that affects your purchase) during the 2020/21 season as a consequence of the COVID-19 pandemic, it will be our intention (subject to governing body permissions) that you will be provided, free of any charge, a streaming voucher to view the fixture.

Whilst we appreciate that not all supporters may wish (or be able to make use of) streaming services, there will be no price reduction or cash refund to a season ticket available in the event a fixture must be played behind closed doors."

So I am now confused they are now charging for something that they offered for free? Is that correct?

I am really confused
    If you were not a season ticket holder and wanted to watch a home match that was being played behind closed doors, you'd have to pay a tenner to watch a stream. My understanding is that, as a season ticket holder, you don't have to pay that because you've already done so when you paid for your ticket - assuming, I'm right, I agree that the use of the word "free" is a little confusing.

What if we have a home game on sky sports behind closed doors, will the club still charge for that fixture as I think most people if have choice of sky or club stream will choose sky.

Someone on the other board made a good point, what about season ticket holders in same household , they'd only need one streaming code so family of 4 could be charged£40 to watch the game

Quote Originally Posted by darran1927 View Post
    What if we have a home game on sky sports behind closed doors, will the club still charge for that fixture as I think most people if have choice of sky or club stream will choose sky.

What about households that have more than one season ticket. Do they get a full refund on the one’s not needing a stream ???

It’s baffling !!

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    What about households that have more than one season ticket. Do they get a full refund on the one’s not needing a stream ???

It’s baffling !!
    It really is

I know the club need income but they should give us the option if we want the stream or not . If we want the stream just let us enter a code online and charge us £10 (though that's steep) and give us the rest back as credit for next season. If we don't want to use the code for a game then just give us the match day equivalent back as credit towards next season. This would solve same household issue and if game is on sky for instance then

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post

It’s baffling !!
    It's not baffling- it says no refund.
    That was always the risk I think in buying more than 1 season ticket in a household.