+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 20/21 season tickets - the current situation.

Re: 20/21 season tickets - the current situation.

Sorry, but I haven’t yet decided if I wish to renew my ST for 21/22. The club has assumed that I will.

The Club have made a complete b*llocks of this from the start. If they had had meaningful consultation with all Supporters Groups from the outset this climbdown could have been avoided. It still seems to be an imperfect solution as has been pointed out but an improvement on what was on offer before. It is just as well the Trust kept on about it and involved the Football Supporters Association or we we wouldn't have got this far.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    If you were not a season ticket holder and wanted to watch a home match that was being played behind closed doors, you'd have to pay a tenner to watch a stream. My understanding is that, as a season ticket holder, you don't have to pay that because you've already done so when you paid for your ticket - assuming, I'm right, I agree that the use of the word "free" is a little confusing.
    My understanding is that originally the Club said that if season ticket holders could not attend a home match because it was being held behind closed doors they would be able to watch it via streaming for free. End of...no credits etc.

Now the improved offer is that you can watch for £10 and will get a credit for the 'unused' portion of your ticket value...ie your season ticket costs the equivalent of £15 a match, £10 to watch via a stream. and £5 credit towards 21/22 season.

What is not clear is whether the £10 is charged whether you view the stream or not, although I suspect it is.
    I'll be speaking to Nic Heslop next week and will ask for clarification

Are the trust still going jeezz.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Are the trust still going jeezz.
    Do you think this limited climbdown by the club would have happened without the efforts of the Trust and the FSA?

Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post
    My understanding is that originally the Club said that if season ticket holders could not attend a home match because it was being held behind closed doors they would be able to watch it via streaming for free. End of...no credits etc.

Now the improved offer is that you can watch for £10 and will get a credit for the 'unused' portion of your ticket value...ie your season ticket costs the equivalent of £15 a match, £10 to watch via a stream. and £5 credit towards 21/22 season.

What is not clear is whether the £10 is charged whether you view the stream or not, although I suspect it is.
    I'll be speaking to Nic Heslop next week and will ask for clarification
    I guess the charge will be regardless if you watch the stream or not. You buy a season ticket, it doesn't matter if you turn up to a game or stay at home.
    It'd be a bit rough if non season-ticket holders could cherry pick and watch a match for 10pounds per game

Quote Originally Posted by bigjoe View Post
    I guess the charge will be regardless if you watch the stream or not. You buy a season ticket, it doesn't matter if you turn up to a game or stay at home.
    It'd be a bit rough if non season-ticket holders could cherry pick and watch a match for 10pounds per game
    That is exactly what they can do.

I think the stream is ridiculously overpriced.

If you compare it to a Sky Sports daily pass. That is £9.99 for 24 hours and you would get several matches for that.
    £33 odd for a monthly Sky pass.
    I'm not saying this is great value but in comparison to the few video angles City show and the commentary comparison it is a snip compared to what City and the football league charge.

For what it is worth I think this is how football will go. Unless Sky don't put football into a Premier League/football into a subscription package that is affordable I can see them losing out to illegal streams and people that just say balls to paying that more and more.

How many have been sold?