+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Jordi Osei-Tutu 2019/20 – scout report

Jordi Osei-Tutu 2019/20 – scout report

https://totalfootballanalysis.com/pl...alysis-tactics

Conclusion

If Osei-Tutu begins the season as Cardiff’s first-choice right-back, he’ll need to make sure he’s able to defend 1v1s. This is a much less important skill when you play as a winger, but he’ll have that part of his game tested a lot more. His work rate and energy can’t be questioned, and the EPL loanee will have no problem getting up and down the flank. Osei-Tutu was very productive in front of goal last season, but it’s unlikely that he’ll be given the license to push up and join the striker when Cardiff are on the attack. It’ll be interesting to see if he can maintain a goal threat in a wing-back role.

Overall we seem to have signed a very quick, intelligent, dangerous player with an eye for goal. But one that (although seeing himself as a right back or a right wing back) hasn't been tested too much as an out-and-out defender.

Re: Jordi Osei-Tutu 2019/20 – scout report

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    https://totalfootballanalysis.com/pl...alysis-tactics

Conclusion

If Osei-Tutu begins the season as Cardiff’s first-choice right-back, he’ll need to make sure he’s able to defend 1v1s. This is a much less important skill when you play as a winger, but he’ll have that part of his game tested a lot more. His work rate and energy can’t be questioned, and the EPL loanee will have no problem getting up and down the flank. Osei-Tutu was very productive in front of goal last season, but it’s unlikely that he’ll be given the license to push up and join the striker when Cardiff are on the attack. It’ll be interesting to see if he can maintain a goal threat in a wing-back role.

Overall we seem to have signed a very quick, intelligent, dangerous player with an eye for goal. But one that (although seeing himself as a right back or a right wing back) hasn't been tested too much as an out-and-out defender.
    He is an attacking midfielder. His last club were "worried" about him in the RB role so moved him where he was more effective.

I wonder he he will deployed as a wing back

Absolute madness how a right back is better than so many wingers in defensive situations

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Absolute madness how a right back is better than so many wingers in defensive situations
    its a flexible world i've known right backs end up as centre forwards or as a number 10's or even a winger , the worlds thier oyster

Seems like a player that will end up on the bench.

Well he had our one and only shot on target today!

But instead of the tame shot straight at the keeper he bloody should've squared it to Glatzel who would have had an open goal

Tough game for him, he probably would've been more suited against a championship outfit. I bet that he hasn't come across any side like Northampton, strong, physical and fit and prepared to bastard their way through defenders. If he can play, then up against better opposition may suit him more, as odd as that sounds. Problem with a lot of wing backs is their over reliance on recovery type defending as they're not natural defenders, but attackers. They don't usually end up in that position of 1 on 1 when there's five at the back as it's easy to send a central defender over to double up, that's the trade off when you sign attack minded fullbacks, they need a little cover as they seem to lack composure and a bit of positional play in the final third-that's the trade off at this level.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Tough game for him, he probably would've been more suited against a championship outfit. I bet that he hasn't come across any side like Northampton, strong, physical and fit and prepared to bastard their way through defenders. If he can play, then up against better opposition may suit him more, as odd as that sounds. Problem with a lot of wing backs is their over reliance on recovery type defending as they're not natural defenders, but attackers. They don't usually end up in that position of 1 on 1 when there's five at the back as it's easy to send a central defender over to double up, that's the trade off when you sign attack minded fullbacks, they need a little cover as they seem to lack composure and a bit of positional play in the final third-that's the trade off at this level.
    I think most fans are pleased to see us trying to play a bit more football, but, by the sound of it, Northampton "Warnocked" us yesterday and, with a squad that is largely the same as last season when most sides passed it better than us even towards the end of the campaign, it would be naive to think we are suddenly going to become a side that is ultra comfortable in possession. I'd like to think that our two new players have slightly improves us as a squad, but they don't play in areas that would be at the heart of any attempt to bed more of a passing side and you have to wonder what the result will be if we try to change our approach completely.

Another Unique Sports Management signing - just saying like.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I think most fans are pleased to see us trying to play a bit more football, but, by the sound of it, Northampton "Warnocked" us yesterday and, with a squad that is largely the same as last season when most sides passed it better than us even towards the end of the campaign, it would be naive to think we are suddenly going to become a side that is ultra comfortable in possession. I'd like to think that our two new players have slightly improves us as a squad, but they don't play in areas that would be at the heart of any attempt to bed more of a passing side and you have to wonder what the result will be if we try to change our approach completely.
    Yup, could be argued that Harris played in a way that complimented both sides of the fence last season, in terms of more direct and intricate in the right areas, credit to him. I don't think that he's daft enough to try a footballing revolution in terms of possession and style of play, neither do i think that he's got that in his character. He seems very interested in getting the ball wide and building from those areas.