+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Neil Warnock

Neil Warnock

Nice article here: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ion-dream.html

Interesting he attributes a lot to Len Ashurst.

Re: Neil Warnock

Neil Warnock doing what Neil Warnock does best - talking about himself and how great he is.

Modest as ever.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Neil Warnock doing what Neil Warnock does best - talking about himself and how great he is.

Modest as ever.
    Tends to happen in interviews.

International

Talking of interviews I was just listening to an old interview of Ken dodd on Radio 4 X
    The audience were all laughing and at one question he said, "no this is seriousm don't laugh please!""

The all alughed and he said "no don't laugh, come on. you've done well so far!"

Modest as ever.
    Colin is a past master at self publicity. Pity he wasn’t so good at keeping teams in the Premier League.

bloody great manager for Cardiff city

Disappointed at some of the negative comments....Look ...hey...he is a genuine person who relishes challenges and loves the game.....even when he doesn't need them. I wish him well...except when we play them...

I give him credit for arriving, turning the team around and getting us promoted but, for me, some of the negative aspects of his spell here cancel that out.

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    Disappointed at some of the negative comments....Look ...hey...he is a genuine person who relishes challenges and loves the game.....even when he doesn't need them. I wish him well...except when we play them...
    Best manager we had in years , if people want loads of success and pretty football they should remember they are supporting cardiff city

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    bloody great manager for Cardiff city
    He was good manager for City not a great one. One promotion, one relegation. Compare that to Mackay (who i am not a fan of), playoffs and League Cup Finalists 1st year, then promoted 2nd year, as Champions.

Reading that article, it seems he is still all about me. I never liked him before he came to us, but he won me over. Until on the balcony after we got promoted he started spouting all the "When I think where this club was before I got here.." bullshit. Then he got us relegated, but apparently that wasn't his fault. I hope they get relegated.

We have had other managers who got us promoted in my time, Andrews, Ashurst, Burrows etc. But the best for me was Scoular with a really good team and those European nights. Jones was excellent too but like Scoular couldn't get us up. Even Slade got us to 7th or 8th in his only full season.

Best manager we had in years , if people want loads of success and pretty football they should remember they are supporting cardiff city
    Here you go dictating who and how people should support their clubs again 🙄

I find it sad that people need to degenerate....of course they are going to 'big up' their achievements..but he is a really genuine person who wears their heart on their sleeves.... give him some credit please...

I find it sad that people need to degenerate....of course they are going to 'big up' their achievements..but he is a really genuine person who wears their heart on their sleeves.... give him some credit please...
    No

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    He was good manager for City not a great one. One promotion, one relegation. Compare that to Mackay (who i am not a fan of), playoffs and League Cup Finalists 1st year, then promoted 2nd year, as Champions.

Reading that article, it seems he is still all about me. I never liked him before he came to us, but he won me over. Until on the balcony after we got promoted he started spouting all the "When I think where this club was before I got here.." bullshit. Then he got us relegated, but apparently that wasn't his fault. I hope they get relegated.

We have had other managers who got us promoted in my time, Andrews, Ashurst, Burrows etc. But the best for me was Scoular with a really good team and those European nights. Jones was excellent too but like Scoular couldn't get us up. Even Slade got us to 7th or 8th in his only full season.
    I always support the manager of Cardiff city but dave Jones was not great

Its very hard to get promoted from the championship these days , no way could Jimmy Andrews or Ashurst have done it .

Here you go dictating who and how people should support their clubs again 🙄
    well in life you have to be realistic

I would love us to be a big club but down to various factors we were what we are

Thus have to put up with a bit of direct football rather than Liverpool champions league tippy tippy to succeed .

I can deal with that .

No
    and thats final !

He's told you now

well in life you have to be realistic

I would love us to be a big club but down to various factors we were what we are

Thus have to put up with a bit of direct football rather than Liverpool champions league tippy tippy to succeed .

I can deal with that .
    Size of the club doesn’t dictate how you approach the game you fool. Merthyr Town played better football than Warnocks Cardiff.

Size of the club doesn’t dictate how you approach the game you fool. Merthyr Town played better football than Warnocks Cardiff.
    Well they clearly didn't

I have seen so many managers...from Bill Jones...to George Swindin etc etc...for me the standout one was Scoular....wow...those european nights.....exciting times.....Dave Jones also deserves credit for what he did with limited resources.

Nice article here: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ion-dream.html

Interesting he attributes a lot to Len Ashurst.
    I think he's a credit to the world of football , at 71 it makes that even more remarkable, and he's not finished yet.

I loved his time with us, I felt he brought the club/ream back , created a betrer emotion / atmosphere and togetherness to the overall benefit of the game and club .

He'd rock up at small fan venues in and around the valley's that was so well received and appreciated.

Rock on Neil .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I think he's a credit to the world of football , at 71 it makes that even more remarkable, and he's not finished yet.

I loved his time with us, I felt he brought the club/ream back , created a betrer emotion / atmosphere and togetherness to the overall benefit of the game and club .

He'd rock up at small fan venues in and around the valley's that was so well received and appreciated.

Rock on Neil .

I don’t think Damian Collins thinks he’s a credit to the world of football

To be fair, Jones signed McNaughton, Rae, McPhai and Burke for nothing. He got Loovens for £300k and sold him for £2.5m, he signed Johnson for £275k and sold him for £5m/ He also brought in Capaldi, Kennedy of frees, Bothroyd for £300k, McCormack for £120k, and Chopra for £500k and sold him for £5m after a year (an then bought him back for £4m!). Je got Koumas and Bellamy on loan too.

Warnock signed Flint for £4m, Smithies for £3.5m, but he did get Etheridge, Bamba, Holiett and NML for nothing. Not forgetting 2 years wasted on Tomlin at £1.6m, Pack for ?, Murphy for £11m, Reid and didn't play him for £10m, Bacuna for £3m, Whyte for £2m, Glatzel for £5.5m, Vassell for £2m, Ward for £1m,Bogle for £750,000. Oh and Madine for £6m.

One has a good transfer record and one doesn't. Not difficult to work one which one is which.

But there again Scoular brought in Fred Davies, Dave Carver, Gary Bell, Mel Sutton, Brian Harris, Barrie Jones, Les Lea, Ian Gibson, Brian Clark and Bobby Woodruff.

International

I'd rather read a good discussion about tomorrow than about yesterday.

Obviously, better ≠ successful