+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Birmingham Stabbings

Birmingham Stabbings

BBC News - Birmingham stabbings: Police declare 'major incident' as several injured
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...ngham-54045143

Sounds nasty

Re: Birmingham Stabbings

the gang culture is rampant there so doesn't surprise me . When i,m in that neck of the woods which is quite often I very rarely go out after 9pm its that bad up there now . A very scary place these days

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    the gang culture is rampant there so doesn't surprise me . When i,m in that neck of the woods which is quite often I very rarely go out after 9pm its that bad up there now . A very scary place these days
    I've heard the same , once stayed nearby the City on a business trip and was told the same by my hotel . Did find a pub though

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I've heard the same , once stayed nearby the City on a business trip and was told the same by my hotel . Did find a pub though
    My wife has stayed in the City centre a few times in the past couple of years. She has to go about 200yds round the corner to the office. She comes back each time saying how she was scared witless all through the night..

also 7 people stabbed in a night of violence in London

when i go around the country I keep thinking that Cardiff is one of the safest cities in the UK right now

when i go around the country I keep thinking that Cardiff is one of the safest cities in the UK right now
    The violence against the person index has cardiff at 9.6 and Birmingham at 9.8 , both way behind Manchester

A few things that are pushing this kind of behaviour. Drugs, Mental Health and Poverty. Doesn't excuse individual behaviour, but doesn't help either. It's certainly political. It would be interesting to know what percentage of victims are associated with the person who has committed the crime. I've read some of the replies about people being terrified in certain areas, that's not something that i associate with after doing a 7 year stint working in some of London's most deprived Boroughs. I did see and hear about 'incidents' but never felt threatened or scared in most of these communities, the people were great. Sadly, it seems like it's a small percentage of young men involved in drugs who commit these crimes and people who can't or aren't being reached by the relevant agencies. It's pretty damn safe out there folks, even if your reactive instincts like to tell you otherwise. It's also skint people stabbing other skint people as a rule, so not much for the government to get concerned about.

Cardiff is safe Mozz (safe as **** ) It used to be a punchy city on a friday and saturday night, that was as bad as it got.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Cardiff is safe Mozz (safe as **** ) It used to be a punchy city on a friday and saturday night, that was as bad as it got.
    https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/w...court-17198606

Its exactly half way in the uk major population crime figures although there is an emphasis on assaults , muggings and robbery with violence

It doesn't have the problems with guns that manchester , nottingham , London, Bradford, Leeds and Liverpool does but stabbings are a concern

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    It's really not that bad. Inow work in the most deprived areas of cardiff on a daily basis, no problems, no violence witnessed yet, most of the people are great and the city is safe.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    My wife has stayed in the City centre a few times in the past couple of years. She has to go about 200yds round the corner to the office. She comes back each time saying how she was scared witless all through the night..
    I spend quite a bit of time in Brum, work and socially. It has its issues like most big cities in England but the city centre, Digbeth and Jewellery quarter seems very safe. I’ll admit to wandering around piissed as fuuck on occasion so I may miss all the danger that is surrounding. Only issue I’ve ever had was a piissed and gobby Wolves fan inevitably in a Spoons pub.

I’ll add the woman who had a pop at me because my wife wasn’t interested in her

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    I spend quite a bit of time in Brum, work and socially. It has its issues like most big cities in England but the city centre, Digbeth and Jewellery quarter seems very safe. I’ll admit to wandering around piissed as fuuck on occasion so I may miss all the danger that is surrounding. Only issue I’ve ever had was a piissed and gobby Wolves fan inevitably in a Spoons pub.

I’ll add the woman who had a pop at me because my wife wasn’t interested in her
    Yup, Spoons holds more danger with the aggressive local alcoholics that the mean streets. It's a load of bullshit, most of these stabbings and violent incidents are people known to each over, they simply aren't looking for people like me and you, you've got to be really unlucky.

It's really not that bad. Inow work in the most deprived areas of cardiff on a daily basis, no problems, no violence witnessed yet, most of the people are great and the city is safe.
    The statistics show that for a city of its size it has an above average number of muggings , robberies and assaults leading to bodily harm but less of a problem with gun crime

It comes bang in the middle of dangerous and not dangerous cities in the uk

So its kind of half safe

The statistics show that for a city of its size it has an above average number of muggings , robberies and assaults leading to bodily harm but less of a problem with gun crime

It comes bang in the middle of dangerous and not dangerous cities in the uk

So its kind of half safe
    Birmingham?

Birmingham?
    Cardiff

Cardiff
    I can only go on my own experiences Sludge. There are more homeless and drug addicts in the city now, or certainly from a visible aspect, that's not clever. I feel completely safe walking about in the city, and that includes the deprived areas. I have been attacked once, on my way back through the docks, but that was many years ago and i've walked through loads of times since without any problem. The media try and stir this shit up without much foundation and there seems to be enough takers out there. Cardiff is at it's unsafest after an international match, loads of pissed up, roided mongtards wanting to stove peoples heads in. That's about as bad as it gets in my experience.

I can only go on my own experiences Sludge. There are more homeless and drug addicts in the city now, or certainly from a visible aspect, that's not clever. I feel completely safe walking about in the city, and that includes the deprived areas. I have been attacked once, on my way back through the docks, but that was many years ago and i've walked through loads of times since without any problem. The media try and stir this shit up without much foundation and there seems to be enough takers out there. Cardiff is at it's unsafest after an international match, loads of pissed up, roided mongtards wanting to stove peoples heads in. That's about as bad as it gets in my experience.
    Hole in one.

Hole in one.
    I get the impression that some people like a bit of 'drama' on the whole the uk is very safe, it's not perfect, but things like education, social services, The NHS, half decent living standards etc contribute to a safer and more tranquil environment. Of course there are places where the risk of attack is greater and since this **** government have stripped services, violent crime and all things associated with it have risen, but let's make something clear, this isn't Manilla or Bogota, we don't have children shitting in the streets then disappearing into the crowd in order to feed off some scraps before the dogs get there first. It's very safe and civilised.

I get the impression that some people like a bit of 'drama' on the whole the uk is very safe, it's not perfect, but things like education, social services, The NHS, half decent living standards etc contribute to a safer and more tranquil environment. Of course there are places where the risk of attack is greater and since this **** government have stripped services, violent crime and all things associated with it have risen, but let's make something clear, this isn't Manilla or Bogota, we don't have children shitting in the streets then disappearing into the crowd in order to feed off some scraps before the dogs get there first. It's very safe and civilised.
    Knife crime deaths (murder or manslaughter) in the UK 2019 was 282.

Covid19 deaths in 2020 anyone?

Hole in one.
    A few years ago a bloke in a transit van ran over a woman and killed her in ely and went on a rampage with his vehicle seriously injuring a dozen people . The police eventually stopped him on the Penarth interchange , smashing his windows to get him out of the van .

He was clearly ill but it seems so was this bloke

A few years ago a bloke in a transit van ran over a woman and killed her in ely and went on a rampage with his vehicle seriously injuring a dozen people . The police eventually stopped him on the Penarth interchange , smashing his windows to get him out of the van .

He was clearly ill but it seems so was this bloke
    The incident in Brum doesn't appear to be motivated by crime or terrorism. If it's been perpetrated by someone suffering mental health issues, it'll be interesting to see if any lack of relevant service involvement is a contributory factor.

Sad incident, probable sad and preventable causes behind it? Some acting hysterical about the state of society and the dangers imagined within it need to have a pew.

Frustrsted Wugger fans , and hard , well built larger swilling ladies

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Frustrsted Wugger fans , and hard , well built larger swilling ladies
    Just complete ***** given day release from their respective village.

The incident in Brum doesn't appear to be motivated by crime or terrorism. If it's been perpetrated by someone suffering mental health issues, it'll be interesting to see if any lack of relevant service involvement is a contributory factor.

Sad incident, probable sad and preventable causes behind it? Some acting hysterical about the state of society and the dangers imagined within it need to have a pew.
    Agree, people seem to be looking for these problems. Cardiff is a very safe place to live, usual small city problems, but nothing that can't be avoided.