Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
A great shame about Chester. He was superb around 2015/16. His knee seems a big problem. Giggs has some interesting decisions to make going forward. At right back Roberts or Williams? Who are his first choice centre backs now? Does he move Ampadu back to CDM?
When Allen and Ramsey are fit who misses out? With Bale, Moore, Brooks and James also available something would have to give.
He was brilliant in that back 3 with Williams and Davies. He's gone downhill since then though, like you said, likely due to those injuries he kept having.

Rodon and Mepham have to be our first choice CBs (imo).

Our midfield has looked a bit lightweight and has lacked creativity in the last two games. Ampadu and Ramsey would be my first choice as a pair. That would certainly give more bite and and (hopefully) give us more control in the centre of the park. I think Allen may have to play a bit part role but he's a great option to have in case of injury or as a sub.

Roberts hasn't impressed me at all for Swansea or Wales for a while. He looks like he's lost any and all composure in and out of possession. Williams looks the real deal and should be given a chance in the game against England. Hopefully a good performance will cement his place in the XI.

Our forward line is the best we have had in a long time. It wasn't too long ago we had Steve Morison, Simon fecking Church or Freddy Eastwood (remember him?!) as a starting striker. Moore looks infinitely better than those three ever did for Wales (probably being slightly harsh on Morison there).

We've probably been a bit lucky to grab a win in the last two games... But as other posters have said already... Those are games we would have lost in the past so can't complain too much.

The only thing I disagree with that people have been praising Giggs for is that he's been willing to "blood youngsters". My argument would be: who else have we got available to us that would play before the youngsters he's chosen anyway? David Edwards