Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
A great shame about Chester. He was superb around 2015/16. His knee seems a big problem. Giggs has some interesting decisions to make going forward. At right back Roberts or Williams? Who are his first choice centre backs now? Does he move Ampadu back to CDM?
When Allen and Ramsey are fit who misses out? With Bale, Moore, Brooks and James also available something would have to give.
I'd like to see Ampadu playing in front of the back 4 as an extra layer of protection for the defence, and it would also give him more freedom in his primary role as a playmaker. He is now our biggest decision maker on the pitch, and most of our attacks start with him, so he doesn't need to be worrying about marking the opposition team's last man. I can't remember Wales ever having a defensive player who was so comfortable on the ball, and we are now well equipped to compete in the modern game.

Regarding the fullback it's got to be Williams. He's a real live wire and tricky going forward. I also like the idea of playing Brooks and Ramsey in the middle, as we seem quite limited only having one creative player there. Of course it would require Ampadu to play at CDF, as he reads the game so well.

But what about Joe Allen? I'm a big fan of what he contributes to team, so maybe he will have to play when we need to be more defensive minded. There are so many other good players too, who can make a real impact coming off the bench. Looking forward to the England game now, that should be a good test of where we are footballing wise.