+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: FT: Wales 1 - 0 Bulgaria. Match thread

Re: FT: Wales 1 - 0 Bulgaria. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    I'd like to see Ampadu playing in front of the back 4 as an extra layer of protection for the defence, and it would also give him more freedom in his primary role as a playmaker. He is now our biggest decision maker on the pitch, and most of our attacks start with him, so he doesn't need to be worrying about marking the opposition team's last man. I can't remember Wales ever having a defensive player who was so comfortable on the ball, and we are now well equipped to compete in the modern game.

Regarding the fullback it's got to be Williams. He's a real live wire and tricky going forward. I also like the idea of playing Brooks and Ramsey in the middle, as we seem quite limited only having one creative player there. Of course it would require Ampadu to play at CDF, as he reads the game so well.

But what about Joe Allen? I'm a big fan of what he contributes to team, so maybe he will have to play when we need to be more defensive minded. There are so many other good players too, who can make a real impact coming off the bench. Looking forward to the England game now, that should be a good test of where we are footballing wise.
    I'd use Ampadu in defence because he can make us truly a side which builds from the back for at least as long as Joe Allen keeps on playing after he returns from his injury. I'm listening to that Ryan Giggs podcast and he's just been asked about Ampuda's best position - he said it would depend on how strong we were in the positions he can play in.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    My sources* tell me that Chelsea are willing to let Ampadu go out on loan to Sheffield United

*just seen it on twitter
    He should never go back to Chelsea, they are a basket case of a club. They stopped Hudson-Odoi going to Bayern Munich and now they hardly play him.

He should never go back to Chelsea, they are a basket case of a club. They stopped Hudson-Odoi going to Bayern Munich and now they hardly play him.
    Hudson-Odoi missed the start of last season because he hadn't recovered from rupturing his Achilles tendon and then he injured his hamstring in February.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Hudson-Odoi missed the start of last season because he hadn't recovered from rupturing his Achilles tendon and then he injured his hamstring in February.
    Wales-Bales (Gluey) may have 'alternative facts' though!

I'm talking about since he's been fit, not to mention all the new players they have bought. I don't think he is going to be in their strongest starting XI.

I'm talking about since he's been fit, not to mention all the new players they have bought. I don't think he is going to be in their strongest starting XI.
    In Lampard's first season they qualified for the Champions League, reached the FA Cup Final whilst having the second youngest on-field playing time in the Premier League. Since then they have signed two of Germany's brightest young prospects whilst strengthening their defence.

Not finding a place for Ampadu aside, why exactly is the club a basket case?

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    In Lampard's first season they qualified for the Champions League, reached the FA Cup Final whilst having the second youngest on-field playing time in the Premier League. Since then they have signed two of Germany's brightest young prospects whilst strengthening their defence.

Not finding a place for Ampadu aside, why exactly is the club a basket case?
    They reportedly want to pay £70m for Declan Rice who was actually on their books a few seasons ago, and he's not even a major upgrade on Ampadu, and who can forget Salah & De Bruyne!! They are a mental club and always have been since the mad Russian took over!

They reportedly want to pay £70m for Declan Rice who was actually on their books a few seasons ago, and he's not even a major upgrade on Ampadu, and who can forget Salah & De Bruyne!! They are a mental club and always have been since the mad Russian took over!
    So on the basis of them releasing three players 5-7 years ago, one aged 14 they are currently a basket case of a club. All seemingly because they don't favour a player who has represented his country more times than he has played competitive first team league games.

Going back to Hudson-Odoi, he now has Pulisic, Ziyech & Mount all competing for his favoured right sided position.

Going back to Hudson-Odoi, he now has Pulisic, Ziyech & Mount all competing for his favoured right sided position.
    He'll play if he's good enough. He's 19 and has already made more than 30 Premier League appearances for them.

So on the basis of them releasing three players 5-7 years ago, one aged 14 they are currently a basket case of a club. All seemingly because they don't favour a player who has represented his country more times than he has played competitive first team league games.
    Well, if it were me I'd be Offski, and he should have asked Giggs to organise him a move to Old Trafford, cos let's face it he's a Manchester United type of player, and he would be an instant hero up there.

He'll play if he's good enough. He's 19 and has already made more than 30 Premier League appearances for them.
    Yep, they've got so much confidence in him that they brought Ziyech in who plays in his position.

I don't think they're a basket case club but it does seem mad to me to spend £70 million on Declan Rice when they've got Ampadu there

I don't think they're a basket case club but it does seem mad to me to spend £70 million on Declan Rice when they've got Ampadu there
    They haven't. They shipped him out to Sheff Utd on a season long loan. I presume if he doesn't get much game time there the usual suspect will start sounding off about Wilderball

Well, if it were me I'd be Offski, and he should have asked Giggs to organise him a move to Old Trafford, cos let's face it he's a Manchester United type of player, and he would be an instant hero up there.
    Instant hero?

Do you want to talk about managers?

I watched "highlights" if you can call them that on YouTube which were really badly edited and gave no content to the game. Were we the better side? Did we deserve the win?

Instant hero?
    Yep, Man Utd fans love players who get stuck in and show commitment.

They haven't. They shipped him out to Sheff Utd on a season long loan. I presume if he doesn't get much game time there the usual suspect will start sounding off about Wilderball
    If they sign Rice, then Ampadu is going to Sheff Utd so that they can increase his transfer value, cos they are very similar players and Ampadu's value will triple if he has a good season.

Heisenberg

Wait... Is Gluey moaning about Ampadu being at Chelsea with Lampard now? I thought Lampard was going to push his career forward at a "great club" after Sarri personally and single-handedly tried to ruin it.

Then when Ampadu went on loan instead of featuring in Lampard's plans (which Gluey didn't forsee), it was all still part of the bigger picture and he would play lots for Leipzig and improve under Nagelsmann.

3 league games in a season for Leipzig later and he still isn't good enough to play for Chelsea as they have improved their team even further... so Chelsea are now a "basket case" of a club.

He was also critical of Sarri's treatment of Hudson-Odoi and was adamant that he was vindicated (in his own mind) when Chelsea rejected the Bayern bid. He was going to flourish under Lampard too, apparently.

Oh how well this has all turned out for Gluey. He will deny all of this, of course

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Wait... Is Gluey moaning about Ampadu being at Chelsea with Lampard now? I thought Lampard was going to push his career forward at a "great club" after Sarri personally and single-handedly tried to ruin it.

Then when Ampadu went on loan instead of featuring in Lampard's plans (which Gluey didn't forsee), it was all still part of the bigger picture and he would play lots for Leipzig and improve under Nagelsmann.

3 league games in a season for Leipzig later and he still isn't good enough to play for Chelsea as they have improved their team even further... so Chelsea are now a "basket case" of a club.

He was also critical of Sarri's treatment of Hudson-Odoi and was adamant that he was vindicated (in his own mind) when Chelsea rejected the Bayern bid. He was going to flourish under Lampard too, apparently.

Oh how well this has all turned out for Gluey. He will deny all of this, of course
    I like Lampard, he's a good manager and I was one of the few people on here who predicted that he would do well at Chelsea, but I just think he doesn't fancy Ampadu as a player who will fit in with his plans. He not the only player either, so it's good that he is being single-minded, as that's one of the attributes of a successful manager.

Regarding being a basket case of a club, who the feck gets rid of Mo Salah and Kevin Dr Bruyne

I'm surprised at some of the animosity on here being shown towards a young lad who is doing great things for Wales. When I first saw him play a few seasons ago I could see that he was absolute class for his age. I really think he is going to embarrass a few people during the coming season when they see how good he really is.

I'm surprised at some of the animosity on here being shown towards a young lad who is doing great things for Wales. When I first saw him play a few seasons ago I could see that he was absolute class for his age. I really think he is going to embarrass a few people during the coming season when they see how good he really is.
    animosity?

Heisenberg

animosity?
    He always says things like that when people point out he wasn't correct with his insistence that certain Welsh players were currently as good as he said they were.

He seems to think that he was the first poster to spot Ampadu's, Brooks' and other Welsh youngsters' talents and then gets overly defensive about them for no reason.

It's weird.

I like Lampard, he's a good manager and I was one of the few people on here who predicted that he would do well at Chelsea, but I just think he doesn't fancy Ampadu as a player who will fit in with his plans. He not the only player either, so it's good that he is being single-minded, as that's one of the attributes of a successful manager.

Regarding being a basket case of a club, who the feck gets rid of Mo Salah and Kevin Dr Bruyne
    On a football podcast I was listening to a few years ago they said that it looked like Chelsea had sold the likes of Lukaku and De Bruyne because they were trying to comply with FFP regulations - whereas at the time a bunch of other clubs just flagrantly broke them.