+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ojo signs

Ojo signs

Last edited by Former Labour leader; 07-09-20 at 11:19. Reason: Spelling

Re: Ojo signs

Another promising youngster on loan. Excellent news. What position can he cover 10 and wing ?

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news...oins-liverpool

Cardiff City are pleased to confirm the arrival of Sheyi Ojo on a season-long loan from Liverpool, subject to international clearance.

Sheyi becomes Neil Harris’ third signing of the summer window, following the arrival of Welsh international Kieffer Moore and Arsenal loanee Jordi Osei-Tutu.

The 23-year-old, who has 13 first-team appearances for the Reds, has also earned Championship experience at the likes of Wigan Athletic, Wolves and Fulham.

He spent the 2019/20 campaign in the SPL with Rangers, netting on five occasions including a winner over Feyenoord in the Europa League.

Upon putting pen to paper in the Welsh capital, Sheyi spoke exclusively to Cardiff City TV, saying: “I’ve got a point to prove and I’m really excited for the new challenge."

“Cardiff City is a massive club with great fans and great players – hopefully I can show what I can do here and fit right in."

Comfortable across the forward line – both out wide or in a number ten role – Sheyi set his sights on hitting the ground running ahead of Saturday's season opener.

"Wherever the ball is, I want to be involved in the game as much as possible," he continued.

“I’m delighted to get here in time for a full week’s training with the team ahead of the first home game this Saturday. Now it’s important that we start right."

Fantastic - "Wherever the ball is I want to be involved" - Love it.

Never seen him but capped at a number of levels and given a contract at Liverpool. Hopefully we get the best out of him.

We need to freshen up the wing positions so a good move. Murphy and Holiett were awful last Saturday. NML is indisposed and Whyte is not good enough. Holiett is going in to his 5th season with us and NML his fourth. And as much as I like Murphy he hasn't shown consistency, and is in and out of the team. I expect one of our four wide men to be sold or go out on loan now. And we have Osei-Tutu who is a wide man playing at full back. But al leats we have now signed three players to add to the squad. And I expect more to come with a few departures too hopefully.

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    We need to freshen up the wing positions so a good move. Murphy and Holiett were awful last Saturday. NML is indisposed and Whyte is not good enough. Holiett is going in to his 5th season with us and NML his fourth. And as much as I like Murphy he hasn't shown consistency, and is in and out of the team. I expect one of our four wide men to be sold or go out on loan now. And we have Osei-Tutu who is a wide man playing at full back. But al leats we have now signed three players to add to the squad. And I expect more to come with a few departures too hopefully.
    Good post, agreed about Whyte. Easy to forget about him, didn't we pay Oxford £2m? Warnock was so hit-and-miss with his hunches. I like Hoilett and NML, so their length of service at the club doesn't bother me. Agreed about Murphy too, I was chuffed when we signed him but he hasn't delivered. He may well be a revelation at his next club, but I'd show him and Whyte the door.

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    We did need to freshen up our wide players. On the basis of 2 for each position, unless NML is absent long term(which is possible I suspect) one of them will be on his way. Hope it's not Hoilett as he gives us a nice balance, but Whyte and Murphy would not be greatly missed.

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    A genuinely exciting signing. 👍

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news...oins-liverpool

Cardiff City are pleased to confirm the arrival of Sheyi Ojo on a season-long loan from Liverpool, subject to international clearance.

Sheyi becomes Neil Harris’ third signing of the summer window, following the arrival of Welsh international Kieffer Moore and Arsenal loanee Jordi Osei-Tutu.

The 23-year-old, who has 13 first-team appearances for the Reds, has also earned Championship experience at the likes of Wigan Athletic, Wolves and Fulham.

He spent the 2019/20 campaign in the SPL with Rangers, netting on five occasions including a winner over Feyenoord in the Europa League.

Upon putting pen to paper in the Welsh capital, Sheyi spoke exclusively to Cardiff City TV, saying: “I’ve got a point to prove and I’m really excited for the new challenge."

“Cardiff City is a massive club with great fans and great players – hopefully I can show what I can do here and fit right in."

Comfortable across the forward line – both out wide or in a number ten role – Sheyi set his sights on hitting the ground running ahead of Saturday's season opener.

"Wherever the ball is, I want to be involved in the game as much as possible," he continued.

“I’m delighted to get here in time for a full week’s training with the team ahead of the first home game this Saturday. Now it’s important that we start right."
    The "I've got a point to prove" line is what I like

Welcome Ojo , bit more youth and fresh legs , hope he has the Daniel James type pace to supply Kieffer as we see for Wales , blood him straight away Neil on Saturday , shake em up ,after that lifeless display last Saturday .

Quote Originally Posted by Gnojek View Post
    Good post, agreed about Whyte. Easy to forget about him, didn't we pay Oxford £2m? Warnock was so hit-and-miss with his hunches. I like Hoilett and NML, so their length of service at the club doesn't bother me. Agreed about Murphy too, I was chuffed when we signed him but he hasn't delivered. He may well be a revelation at his next club, but I'd show him and Whyte the door.
    Agree with all of this.

I was really excited by Murphy but he has had his chances here, much as I want him to succeed.

I’ve never seen anything in Whyte.

Both should be let go really and considered expensive mistakes. Good luck to them though.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    Agree with all of this.

I was really excited by Murphy but he has had his chances here, much as I want him to succeed.

I’ve never seen anything in Whyte.

Both should be let go really and considered expensive mistakes. Good luck to them though.
    2 million an expensive mistake??

Family on 'er indoors side are Scousers and Liverpool fans and tell me Ojo has pace and talent but decision-making leaves quite a bit to be desired. Seem generally a bit frustrated with him as they reckon he has natural ability. Still young of course so hopefully he'll develop with us this season.

I think Harris got this guy as our starting no 10 which may have been the challenge leading him to throw his lot on with us.He'll certainly be judged against Tomlin if my supposition is correct.Not that I'm writing off Tomlin as he sets a high benchmark in terms of ability but he is younger and fitter

Quote Originally Posted by sneggyblubird View Post
    I think Harris got this guy as our starting no 10 which may have been the challenge leading him to throw his lot on with us.He'll certainly be judged against Tomlin if my supposition is correct.Not that I'm writing off Tomlin as he sets a high benchmark in terms of ability but he is younger and fitter
    Or maybe Tomlin starts with Ojo coming on last twenty or thirty to run at a tired defence or both start with Ojo moving into Tomlins position second half and bringing a wide player on

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    Or maybe Tomlin starts with Ojo coming on last twenty or thirty to run at a tired defence or both start with Ojo moving into Tomlins position second half and bringing a wide player on
    Its good to finally have some options, too many of our players are quite samey

When was the last time we signed a player with such a short surname?

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    Nah. Tomlin comes on at 60 mins and feeds the already tired Opposition some Melton Mowbray pork pies!

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    When was the last time we signed a player with such a short surname?
    Gavin Rae I think

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    Gavin Rae I think
    ... and before him Alan Lee?

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Never seen him but capped at a number of levels and given a contract at Liverpool. Hopefully we get the best out of him.
    They gave him a long term contact after they signed him when he was still in nappies at Milton Keynes.

He is a player they are looking to offload along with Grujic

Benefit of the doubt - he probably knows its his last shot at the big time which no doubt he was told when he was 12 FFS