+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ojo signs

Re: Ojo signs

Rangers fans really didn't rate Ojo, nicknamed him "Ono" and thought he was only getting game time cos of the Gerrard/Liverpool connection.

We'll see what happens, hoping for the best.

Quote Originally Posted by binman View Post
    They gave him a long term contact after they signed him when he was still in nappies at Milton Keynes.

He is a player they are looking to offload along with Grujic

Benefit of the doubt - he probably knows its his last shot at the big time which no doubt he was told when he was 12 FFS
    Yes they seem to be trying to offload him (along with Grujic, Wilson etc) and would have preferred a sale rather than loan - but they did give him a new 5 year contract only 2 years ago.

Wales Online have done a cut/paste scouting report on him that is much more positive than some of the comments on here:

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...nsfer-18891552

I have read contradictory claims about his time with Rangers - that Gerrard got fed up with him because he wouldn't track back, and that Gerrard was impressed with his work-rate. However, he clearly has talent, wants a fresh start, is saying all the right things, and hopefully we will get the benefit of any underachievement in previous loans!

They gave him a long term contact after they signed him when he was still in nappies at Milton Keynes.

Benefit of the doubt - he probably knows its his last shot at the big time which no doubt he was told when he was 12 FFS
    Can we at least wait the customary length of time before we start to slag him off.

Wait to see what he looks like warming up before a game.

I remember the “disappointed” and “underwhelmed” comments when we signed Jay Bothroyd.

Also the excitement when we signed Nicky Maynard.

He could be great for us so let’s give him the chance to see what he can do.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    2 million an expensive mistake??
    Very.

Quote Originally Posted by celticknight View Post
    Rangers fans really didn't rate Ojo, nicknamed him "Ono" and thought he was only getting game time cos of the Gerrard/Liverpool connection.

We'll see what happens, hoping for the best.
    That is quite funny.

But hopefully not the case here.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    Very.
    Not at our level of playing it isn't.

I would defy anyone in any business to deny that £2m is not a mistake.

How anyone can say that £2m isn’t a waste is utter laughable.

????

A terrible signing.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Yes they seem to be trying to offload him (along with Grujic, Wilson etc) and would have preferred a sale rather than loan - but they did give him a new 5 year contract only 2 years ago.

Wales Online have done a cut/paste scouting report on him that is much more positive than some of the comments on here:

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...nsfer-18891552

I have read contradictory claims about his time with Rangers - that Gerrard got fed up with him because he wouldn't track back, and that Gerrard was impressed with his work-rate. However, he clearly has talent, wants a fresh start, is saying all the right things, and hopefully we will get the benefit of any underachievement in previous loans!
    A Rangers pal of mine reckons he's fast and can take a player on with ease but found it tough in Scotland due to most teams having 10 men defending which he struggles with.
    He thinks he will do well in the championship where defences are more open and don't always park the bus from the first minute.

I was only joking. I think it's a brill singing. He does look very fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    I would defy anyone in any business to deny that £2m is not a mistake.

How anyone can say that £2m isn’t a waste is utter laughable.
    People are purposely awkward in this board aren't they.

I don't think 2 million for a winger, in the Championship, is much to pay.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/cham...ersklasse=alle

Also change that to right wingers..

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    Will Liverpool ‘fine us’ if he doesn’t make enough appearances?

He was given a new contract in summer 2018

This comment about Ojo on a Fulham forum resonated with me... "Not the worst player ever - remember Eddie Johnson ?"

Oh dear. Well, I hope he has improved since then.

I've seen some city fans on social media really disappointed with this signing, they really need a reality check. The current finances at the club, covid related issues and the ongoing saga with Sala means we are hardly in a position to splash out 15 million on players.

We have strengthened the team in three main areas so far with exciting players.

Harris has been so smart. Looking at the gaps in the team and filling them. A proven striker, a very exciting full back and a forward player with pace and flair.

Already the squad is much stronger than last season.

This is one of the most well considered transfer windows we have had so far.

Having a look at a rangers forum most don't rate him but some said he has something about him but often lacked confidence or workrate, his pace also often not being used due to the opposition sitting deep with 11 behind the ball.

With less pressure at Cardiff than at a top elite club, with more space to run into, they feel he may still do ok in the championship.

Personally I think he will do alright for us, probably won't be starting every week here either unless he does well, will offer good competition in a position that needs a bit freshening up.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Having a look at a rangers forum most don't rate him but some said he has something about him but often lacked confidence or workrate, his pace also often not being used due to the opposition sitting deep with 11 behind the ball.

With less pressure at Cardiff than at a top elite club, with more space to run into, they feel he may still do ok in the championship.

Personally I think he will do alright for us, probably won't be starting every week here either unless he does well, will offer good competition in a position that needs a bit freshening up.
    Can't agree with that.Coming into a stronger squad in a much stronger league.