+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The coolest bands in the history of rock music .......your starter for ten

The coolest bands in the history of rock music .......your starter for ten

https://youtu.be/kbZpaVRfqzM

Is that real cocaine or is that speed ?

What a groove

Re: The coolest bands in the history of rock music .......your starter for ten

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post

What a groove
    Brilliant

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    Brilliant
    They really were fantastic weren't they ?

All of the above

I win.

The black crowes

https://youtu.be/DB7XoJ8TJXk

Smoking

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post

I win.
    You did indeed probably , one of the best albums I've listened too or owned , and still listening since its incredible realise in 1970 ,its worryingly still fresh in sound and attitude ,great on vinyl .

freur

What a groove
    Class track from one of Lizzy's finest albums. Played this to death when it came out in October '76, and of course it goes without saying they were awesome live at Cardiff Capitol Theatre that same month

Sometimes, just occasionally this board produces a top class thread, thanks Sludge, keep them coming

My contribution, Rock, maybe not this track but I'm still in love

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbnLVvAJrec

&

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    Class track from one of Lizzy's finest albums. Played this to death when it came out in October '76, and of course it goes without saying they were awesome live at Cardiff Capitol Theatre that same month
    lizzy did four or five classic albums , this , along with bad reputation are in my opinion , the top two

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Sometimes, just occasionally this board produces a top class thread, thanks Sludge, keep them coming

My contribution, Rock, maybe not this track but I'm still in love

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbnLVvAJrec
    The Sea by Fotheringay is a beautiful song

Once in a while the camera would catch sandy Denny just right and when it did she was so beautiful 😍

lizzy did four or five classic albums , this , along with bad reputation are in my opinion , the top two
    I felt at the time and still do, that Bad Reputation missed Robbo's input bigtime. My top 5 Lizzy albums: Jailbreak, Johnny...,Vagabonds, Fighting, Nightlife

I felt at the time and still do, that Bad Reputation missed Robbo's input bigtime. My top 5 Lizzy albums: Jailbreak, Johnny...,Vagabonds, Fighting, Nightlife
    fighting is worth having simply for the cover

fighting is worth having simply for the cover
    I always felt the cover was a tad juvenile to say the least. The album has many great tracks including Philo's tribute to George Best, 'For Those Who Love To Live', as well as Suicide, Wild One, Fighting My Way back and a stroming cover of Bob Seger's 'Rosalie

I always felt the cover was a tad juvenile to say the least. The album has many great tracks including Philo's tribute to George Best, 'For Those Who Love To Live', as well as Suicide, Wild One, Fighting My Way back and a stroming cover of Bob Seger's 'Rosalie
    I thought it was hilarious

Ballad of a hard man lol

Lizzy"s Chinatown is a much over looked album IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by headlight View Post
    Lizzy"s Chinatown is a much over looked album IMO.
    Vagabonds of The Western World for me. Before they went a bit more mainstream.

the guitar solo by Scott Gorham on the title track bad reputation is lizzy at their finest

Their best stuff was that twin guitar attack of Robertson and Gorham

Chinatown had its moments .....sugar blues for example as did Black Rose , Renegade and Thunder and Lightening but their last great studio album in my opinion was Bad Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Steely Dan - no question.

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    Steely Dan - no question.
    peg, great song