+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone watching All or Nothing on Spurs?

Anyone watching All or Nothing on Spurs?

It's nearly all devoted to the time after Mourinho took over, but I'm quite enjoying it so far. There was full access to a very "frank" discussion between Mourinho and Danny Rose and, speaking as someone who is not a fan of his, I warmed to Mourinho somewhat to see him cut up about the death of his dog over Christmas last year.

Re: Anyone watching All or Nothing on Spurs?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    It's nearly all devoted to the time after Mourinho took over, but I'm quite enjoying it so far. There was full access to a very "frank" discussion between Mourinho and Danny Rose and, speaking as someone who is not a fan of his, I warmed to Mourinho somewhat to see him cut up about the death of his dog over Christmas last year.
    There is no doubt he builds a sense of ‘family’. He’s hard not to like when you see the human side of him, particularly when he’s smiling.

Danny Rose came across as a prick in my opinion.

It really is the Mourinho show though - doesn’t feel like there are many characters in that dressing room, unlike the Man City one where you got tons more insight into the players themselves. I’d hate to be stuck in a room with Harry Kane and have to make conversation. His team speeches are painful to watch.

Enjoying it nevertheless. Anything like this is compulsive viewing for me

That must be dog he brought to this country illegally by passing the vaccination arrangements and when the authorities knocked on his door to seize the dog he hid it. He was very close to the dog apparently.

I'm enjoying it and, like you, have warmed a little to Jose.

However, i definitely wouldn't enjoy it if I were a player at Spurs. I am sure being filmed having conversations with Jose isn't something I'd want everyone to see.. most players just stay silent and I wonder if it's because they are nervous and a little intimidated by knowing everyone is going to see the conversation. Not sure if it will foster trust between players and the manager.... I can only imagine players talking and saying "he's only behaving like that because the camera is rolling" etc.

Interesting though.

Eriksen comes across as a right misery guts doesn't he, got a real resting grump face

I seem to recall the previous Spurs manager didn't want this type of documentary of the club and him , guess it better fits Jose's narcissistic tendencies

Another thing that was interesting was how Mourinho barely ever looked the physio in the eye when they were talking. I felt really sorry for the physio who was almost being treated witn contempt, but I suppose the club's physio is possibly the club employee you'd least like to talk as a manager.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I seem to recall the previous Spurs manager didn't want this type of documentary of the club and him , guess it better fits Jose's narcissistic tendencies
    The documentary started when Pochettino was the manager though

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    I read he didn't want it to happen though ,didn't want the exposure , perhaps he was overruled ?

I have warmed to Mourinho but thought he was a funny bloke beforehand. Yes, he had his little moments where he comes across arrogant or bigheaded but this shows his human side.

I'm enjoying it a lot and watch the new episodes straight away when they appear and regret it later wishing I'd strung them out a bit.

Another thing that was interesting was how Mourinho barely ever looked the physio in the eye when they were talking. I felt really sorry for the physio who was almost being treated witn contempt, but I suppose the club's physio is possibly the club employee you'd least like to talk as a manager.
    I said much the same to my dad.

He would be a member of staff you would need but very much the bearer of bad news in most instances as was the case most of the time he appeared.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    All or Nothing is a concept owned by the NFL. It’ll probably be tied to Tottenham’s relationship with the NFL and the number of games a year being played at the stadium.

Roger Goodell the NFL commissioner was in episode 2 or 3 visiting Levy

First Team

Yet to start on it yet but looking forward to this one.
    I do have a connection with Spurs as I went to school in the shadow of the old ground and, partly, grew up in Tottenham and Wood Green.
    Not so keen on the ‘Special One’ but it seems he is doing a good PR job on himself.
    One I finish Designated Survivor on Netflix this will be my next binge watch.

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    There is no doubt he builds a sense of ‘family’. He’s hard not to like when you see the human side of him, particularly when he’s smiling.

Danny Rose came across as a prick in my opinion.

It really is the Mourinho show though - doesn’t feel like there are many characters in that dressing room, unlike the Man City one where you got tons more insight into the players themselves. I’d hate to be stuck in a room with Harry Kane and have to make conversation. His team speeches are painful to watch.

Enjoying it nevertheless. Anything like this is compulsive viewing for me
    I was thinking that about Kane’s speeches too, lame as, with a few f bombs thrown in at the end.

I noticed that.

Really really odd.

I’m always wary of these series as they are carefully edited but I have been surprised at how uninspiring any of the team talks and 1:1 player meetings have been. (they team talks are worse than mine! 😋)

I always look for some insight from these top managers that set them apart from the rest, but Mourinho’s meetings with players and team talks have been pretty banal leaving me wondering where and what are the magic ingredients that set him and other top class managers apart from others. I’d really love to know. Or maybe they just can’t show those parts 🤷*♂️

International

I watched a long interview (pert of a documentary) with Jose sometime ago when he talked at length about his career and what had achieved and how. He came across as quiet a modest person on a 1 to 1 basis. He gave credit to all he had done to Bobby Robson for teaching him having faith in him and encouraging him. He basically said 'without bobby I'd have been nothing'
    There was no attempt to say he was the greatest thing in football or anything like the media comments.
    He changed my opinion of him and I came round to thinking that under the brashness he was quite a nice guy

its one of the glory clubs though isnt it ?

So feck em

Doncaster Rovers , Barnsley .......proper football

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    its one of the glory clubs though isnt it ?

So feck em

Doncaster Rovers , Barnsley .......proper football
    ****ing bore off

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    All or Nothing is a concept owned by the NFL. It’ll probably be tied to Tottenham’s relationship with the NFL and the number of games a year being played at the stadium.

Roger Goodell the NFL commissioner was in episode 2 or 3 visiting Levy
    Maybe but I imagine that's probably just a very convenient coincidence, Man City had an All or Nothing series so it's not like it's the first one. I imagine the fact its an opportunity to film Mourinho in big shiny new stadium were bigger factors.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    ****ing bore off
    Its true , almost all of these behind the scenes programmes are about the trials and tribulations of the big clubs

Now thats boring !

Let's hear about football at the sharp end , 3000 gates on a rainy Tuesday night , Rochdale living in the shadow of man united and man City

How they stay afloat on next to nothing

Thats football , not a hugely overpaid team and their hugely overpaid manager

Maybe but I imagine that's probably just a very convenient coincidence, Man City had an All or Nothing series so it's not like it's the first one. I imagine the fact its an opportunity to film Mourinho in big shiny new stadium were bigger factors.
    You may be right although I suspect not

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Its true , almost all of these behind the scenes programmes are about the trials and tribulations of the big clubs

Now thats boring !

Let's hear about football at the sharp end , 3000 gates on a rainy Tuesday night , Rochdale living in the shadow of man united and man City

How they stay afloat on next to nothing

Thats football , not a hugely overpaid team and their hugely overpaid manager
    Mate sunderland have a documentary if you want to watch how a small or shit club is run, it's a pure comedy.

****ing bore off
    https://youtu.be/qFuV9lBhgic

Mate sunderland have a documentary if you want to watch how a small or shit club is run, it's a pure comedy.
    Sunderland are a huge club

Rochdale , Bury ? That would open the eyes of what a struggling football club really goes through