+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone watching All or Nothing on Spurs?

Re: Anyone watching All or Nothing on Spurs?

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Sunderland are a huge club

Rochdale , Bury ? That would open the eyes of what a struggling football club really goes through
    They are shit though.

Fact is sludge no one cares about watching them. Have you watched league one or two football recently? It's ****ing awful most of the time, I for one could live a happy life with 0 attachment to those divisions ever again, nor do I care to watch a documentary about them.

Why do so many threads have to come around to how big a club is or isn't on here these days? The Sunderland documentary makes for very good television in my opinion because it is about a club going through a tough time and, human nature being what it is, I'd say people prefer to watch fly on the wall documentaries about clubs failing more than winning things. By their recent standards, Spurs' 19/20 season was a failure and, so far at least, it's something of a warts and all story of their campaign - what could have been a terrific series about Leeds' implosion in 18/19 was slightly ruined for me by the club having too much influence in what was shown to the extent that by the end of it, their bottle job was almost being seen as a triumph against the odds.

Quote Originally Posted by Majorblue View Post
    Yet to start on it yet but looking forward to this one.
    I do have a connection with Spurs as I went to school in the shadow of the old ground and, partly, grew up in Tottenham and Wood Green.
    Not so keen on the ‘Special One’ but it seems he is doing a good PR job on himself.
    One I finish Designated Survivor on Netflix this will be my next binge watch.
    I've barely bothered with Netflix for weeks, is there a new series of Designated Survivor?

Sunderland are a huge club

Rochdale , Bury ? That would open the eyes of what a struggling football club really goes through
    Tottenham could be the biggest club in London these days

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    Mate sunderland have a documentary if you want to watch how a small or shit club is run, it's a pure comedy.
    The Sunderland ones were MUCH better than the highly polished Man City and Spurs series probably for the reasons that TOBW stated.

They are shit though.

Fact is sludge no one cares about watching them. Have you watched league one or two football recently? It's ****ing awful most of the time, I for one could live a happy life with 0 attachment to those divisions ever again, nor do I care to watch a documentary about them.
    its about the daily working and drama of a lower league club , they are often fascinating and far more interesting than hearing about a load of overpaid , pampered darlings

If you think we are never going to grace the lower divisions again then we are just one bad season from joining them

its about the daily working and drama of a lower league club , they are often fascinating and far more interesting than hearing about a load of overpaid , pampered darlings

If you think we are never going to grace the lower divisions again then we are just one bad season from joining them
    Sorry, but I really don't think that watching a documentary series about how a club like, for example, Rochdale have managed to stay in the bottom two divisions for their entire existence (I think that's correct) would be particularly interesting? Surely everyone has a fair idea why that's happened - I can't imagine watching a documentary about fans moaning that they've been shafted their entire existence and watching some stressed exec run around looking for money would be enjoyable at all, nor particularly interesting.

This is not to say I am anti small clubs, I love seeing them succeed - but for watching purposes, I fail to see how that would be enjoyable. Unless we are talking a Wycombe, or Forest Green for example, small clubs on the up - but you have referred to small clubs who have historically struggled - well we all know why, so it wouldn't be a particularly enlightening or exciting watch.

I did not say I thought we would never grace the bottom two divisions again, but thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    All or Nothing is a concept owned by the NFL. It’ll probably be tied to Tottenham’s relationship with the NFL and the number of games a year being played at the stadium.

Roger Goodell the NFL commissioner was in episode 2 or 3 visiting Levy
    Cheers

I'd watch a fly on the wall documentary of members of the CCMB filmed as they responding to others on this board ,wonder what they would be wearing ,and if they were dual screen users .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I'd watch a fly on the wall documentary of members of the CCMB filmed as they responding to others on this board ,wonder what they would be wearing ,and if they were dual screen users .
    Bog standard office gear, sadly just off the laptop today - liberties!

Sorry, but I really don't think that watching a documentary series about how a club like, for example, Rochdale have managed to stay in the bottom two divisions for their entire existence (I think that's correct) would be particularly interesting? Surely everyone has a fair idea why that's happened - I can't imagine watching a documentary about fans moaning that they've been shafted their entire existence and watching some stressed exec run around looking for money would be enjoyable at all, nor particularly interesting.

This is not to say I am anti small clubs, I love seeing them succeed - but for watching purposes, I fail to see how that would be enjoyable. Unless we are talking a Wycombe, or Forest Green for example, small clubs on the up - but you have referred to small clubs who have historically struggled - well we all know why, so it wouldn't be a particularly enlightening or exciting watch.

I did not say I thought we would never grace the bottom two divisions again, but thanks.
    You said you could live a happy life with zero attachment to the bottom two divisions

I am afraid thats wishful thinking as sunderland , pompey and Leeds, all bigger clubs than us , have recently been down there

Some of the football player in league one and two is of a good standard

Did you ever watch cardiff city in the old division 3 or 4 or as they are now called league one and two ?

Its 17 years since we played at that level , I have no idea how old you are but a bad season and we could be back there

Personally I find the dynamics between players I know of at a massive club, and a behind the scenes look at matchday before for example a massive Champions League game more interesting than seeing the struggles of a lower league club

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Personally I find the dynamics between players I know of at a massive club, and a behind the scenes look at matchday before for example a massive Champions League game more interesting than seeing the struggles of a lower league club
    Thats cool but lots of people are interested in the game at the grass roots level

I saw a documentary on Leyton orient a few years back , it was gripping stuff

Also a look at the decline of Bury , in the shadow of united and City

The day to day struggles of simply surviving as a football club , not some arse arriving at the training ground in his porsche

Thats cool but lots of people are interested in the game at the grass roots level

I saw a documentary on Leyton orient a few years back , it was gripping stuff

Also a look at the decline of Bury , in the shadow of united and City

The day to day struggles of simply surviving as a football club , not some arse arriving at the training ground in his porsche
    Fine, each to their own but I don't want to watch a documentary about the Leyton Orient manager taking out the bins, I want to see what was going on at half time in the changing room after Liverpool went 3-0 up against Man City

Bog standard office gear, sadly just off the laptop today - liberties!
    Underpants currently fresh not stained.

You said you could live a happy life with zero attachment to the bottom two divisions

I am afraid thats wishful thinking as sunderland , pompey and Leeds, all bigger clubs than us , have recently been down there

Some of the football player in league one and two is of a good standard

Did you ever watch cardiff city in the old division 3 or 4 or as they are now called league one and two ?

Its 17 years since we played at that level , I have no idea how old you are but a bad season and we could be back there
    Yes I did say that, as I don't particularly want city to get relegated any time soon, so yes I could live a long happy life without an attachment to those divisions - not really sure how you've read that and decided my small brain is incapable of realising that we probably will go down at some point.

Yes some of it is good, most of it is dross, I've been to enough games in the bottom two divisions not involving city to have assembled that opinion.

How long I've been a city fan isn't relevant, thanks for pointing out how relegation works. I thought we played in a closed system like MLS.

TV DOC producers would be hard pushed to find a better club than Cardiff City right now, we've had so much drama, highs and lows over the last few years. kit colour change, poor emiliano sala tragedy, NML today **** me I bet Netflixs are kicking themselves.

Yes I did say that, as I don't particularly want city to get relegated any time soon, so yes I could live a long happy life without an attachment to those divisions - not really sure how you've read that and decided my small brain is incapable of realising that we probably will go down at some point.

Yes some of it is good, most of it is dross, I've been to enough games in the bottom two divisions not involving city to have assembled that opinion.

How long I've been a city fan isn't relevant, thanks for pointing out how relegation works. I thought we played in a closed system like MLS.
    I think its very relevant , we played some good football , sometimes great football , in the lower leagues and I was wondering how much you saw of it .

If the case is you have seen a fair bit of lower league football then you will know that if we do go down and one day we might, hopefully we won't stay too long and in the process play some good football .

I have no idea how small or big your brain is , that won't be determined till you donate your body to medical science .

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    TV DOC producers would be hard pushed to find a better club than Cardiff City right now, we've had so much drama, highs and lows over the last few years. kit colour change, poor emiliano sala tragedy, NML today **** me I bet Netflixs are kicking themselves.
    Its like watching Dallas

Without the tits

Its like watching Dallas

Without the tits
    Lol

Its like watching Dallas

Without the tits
    If we had signed peter crouch a few years back we would have had it all.....

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    Good point

I do like these fly on the wall documentaries about football clubs, but, having seen the makers of the Leeds one portray their implosion at the end of 18/19 as some sort of triumph, I'll give the series on them for last season a miss, although if anyone cares to post where and when our games against them feature, I may change my mind .

Do you have to dominate every ****ing thread and take it off piste with your tedious anti Premier League bollocks, Sludge? Absolute clown. Why Mike puts up with it I don’t know.

Going back to the OP I watched the first two episodes last night. I found it good viewing but then I’ve always liked JM.

Daniel Levy comes across a total **** in both episodes but that was to be expected.

I've only watched up to the episode where Eriksen is sold. My main takeaway is how much of an arsehole Danny Rose came across