+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112

Thread: Mendez Laing Contract Terminated

Re: Mendez Laing Contract Terminated

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    Very surprised nothing has come out yet, for me that solidifies the seriousness of what's gone on. Have to wait and see I suppose.
    We may all be well off beam ,I wonder its within a gagging order .

Very surprised nothing has come out yet, for me that solidifies the seriousness of what's gone on. Have to wait and see I suppose.
    The fact no one else has signed him also adds weight to how serious it must be.

Could be a gagging order you're right and I suppose clubs won't sign him until whatever mess is cleared up. Who knows 😁 I don't like waiting 😅

International

Could be a gagging order you're right and I suppose clubs won't sign him until whatever mess is cleared up. Who knows �� I don't like waiting ��
    Why? What ever the reason, it isn't going to change your life.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    It is when you don't like waiting.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    The fact no one else has signed him also adds weight to how serious it must be.
    Or it just means we still have his registation.

I have a sneaky feeling that's its not about drugs or a car accident . Sometimes gagging orders are used for very inappropriate behaviour due to the sensitivity of the case, and those effected.

Neil Harris said in one of his media appearances that the door is always open regarding Nathaniel Mendez-Laing. I'm surprised that comment wasn't and hasn't been pursued by the media because, at first glance, it appears to contradict the club's statement when the player left us - presumably, our manager meant that he is always available for a one to one with NML if he feels he needs to talk to somebody?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54111659

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    it appears to contradict the club's statement when the player left us - presumably, our manager meant that he is always available for a one to one with NML if he feels he needs to talk to somebody?
    Yes, I also think that NH was saying that he would be there if NML needed to talk to him.

Quote Originally Posted by NottinghamBlue View Post
    Yes, I also think that NH was saying that he would be there if NML needed to talk to him.
    I think you’re reading too much into this.

1. NH worked closely with NML for a year, he obviously feels a moral duty , if nothing else, to be available if he needs to talk, however heinous his actions.

2. It’s good PR in these days where there is more awareness of mental health issues.

Must say I am finding some comfort in the details of this not immediately being leaked. It feels like our club, and perhaps local media, is acting in a more professional way than when we had controversies under previous managers.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Patience is a virtue, I don't possess it. Would be nice to be able to put the debacle behind me. No need for deep delve into the reasons behind my impatience 😂

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    It is when you don't like waiting.
    😂

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEAWAY View Post
    I didn’t suggest or expect that we should receive compensation. My comment was intended to question whether we would disclose the reasons to another club.
    Wasn’t questioning your original post. Just wondered if anyone knew the contractual position if a club showed interest.
    There must be some problem as I am sure someone would have offered him a short term contract for free.

If, and this is a big if, it's drugs and it is his first offence, then it is a 6 month ban without the need to be made public. Something similar happened to Berahino. It would make sense considering there's been no news and nobody has tried to sign him (at first glance!). Again, this seems to make sense but like Manuel, I know nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    If, and this is a big if, it's drugs and it is his first offence, then it is a 6 month ban without the need to be made public. Something similar happened to Berahino. It would make sense considering there's been no news and nobody has tried to sign him (at first glance!). Again, this seems to make sense but like Manuel, I know nothing.
    We're all Manuel when it comes to this scenario haha

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Thought Yorwerth had a 4 year ban?

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Thought Yorwerth had a 4 year ban?
    He missed his tests, if he actually took it he'd have got 6 months. Incredibly harsh ban if ever there was one!

This thread has been very quiet for the best part of a week

That’s because nobody knows anything. I’m amazed in these days of social media that something hasn’t leaked out about whatever happened

Yeah I agree - what the **** has actually gone on here? As supporters and investors, surely the club have to let us know sooner rather than later why they have just disappeared one of our biggest assets? I'm beginning to think the club may have ****ed up a bit and over-reacted to something.. because if it was anything big, awful and juicy surely we would have all heard about it by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Freitag 4.17 View Post
    Yeah I agree - what the **** has actually gone on here? As supporters and investors, surely the club have to let us know sooner rather than later why they have just disappeared one of our biggest assets? I'm beginning to think the club may have ****ed up a bit and over-reacted to something.. because if it was anything big, awful and juicy surely we would have all heard about it by now.
    Do you own shares in the club?

if it was anything big, awful and juicy surely we would have all heard about it by now.
    The big awful juicy thing got sacked

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone View Post
    That’s because nobody knows anything. I’m amazed in these days of social media that something hasn’t leaked out about whatever happened
    That hasn't stopped the thread having 298 posts.

For gods sake get off your high horse. He ‘disappeared’ himself.