+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Mendez Laing Contract Terminated

International

Re: Mendez Laing Contract Terminated

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    Are we sure that was his car in the accident ?
    Probably just pissed up and did a runner to avoid being breathalysed, reported it stolen then lost his bottle or got caught out.

It happens. If that's all it is ( and I anticipate some sanctimonious rebukes for that) , then I think we're daft to let him go.
    I should think Sir Neil has probably been on the telephone to sign him up for Middlesborough.
    I think from club comments earlier that something was going on before that accident. Perhaps getting pissed and crashing was caused by the stress of whatever it was before.
    But I think if they hadn't found out who's car it is it would have been in the news long ago.

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    Are we sure that was his car in the accident ?
    Probably just pissed up and did a runner to avoid being breathalysed, reported it stolen then lost his bottle or got caught out.

It happens. If that's all it is ( and I anticipate some sanctimonious rebukes for that) , then I think we're daft to let him go.
    I should think Sir Neil has probably been on the telephone to sign him up for Middlesborough.
    Derby County kept both Tom Lawrence and Mason Bennett after crashing whilst under the influence and ending their captain's career, in that case I'd be surprised if Cardiff terminated NML's contract over drunk driving

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Derby County kept both Tom Lawrence and Mason Bennett after crashing whilst under the influence and ending their captain's career, in that case I'd be surprised if Cardiff terminated NML's contract over drunk driving
    in related news Richard Keogh has recovered from his knee injury and signed for mk Dons

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    in related news Richard Keogh has recovered from his knee injury and signed for mk Dons
    *Almost ended their captain's career

Quote Originally Posted by sneggyblubird View Post
    Josh Murphy-this is your chance.
    I hope you don't mean to start selling?

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    Well you cannot expect any sensible comment back, can you...and what are you on about, I always type in correct English.
    I'm not really arsed what you reply back, as I wasn't looking for a conversation on the back of my post anyway. So carry on.. As you were.

Well you cannot expect any sensible comment back, can you...and what are you on about, I always type in correct English.
    Except you missed out a question mark or two.

Quote Originally Posted by stevo View Post
    Except you missed out a question mark or two.
    And a million full stops because he doesn't usually structure his sentences just.... Does.... This... Between.. Words

Does this mean that we can sign Bale?
    Go and get him, Neil!

Quote Originally Posted by BrummieBluebird View Post
    What’s happened there then??
    Couldn't get a shirt in his neck size.

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    I hope you don't mean to start selling?
    Racist reported

More evidence of the seriousness of this - NML jas been removed from the club website team pages. That normally takes weeks!

Interesting that Ojo is down as an attacker (along with Moore, Glatzel, Paterson and Vassell), not midfielder (as are Hoilett, Murphy, Whyte, Tomlin, Sang and Mark Harris)!

Probably nothing in that - a random cock-up rather than an insight into the manager's thinking!

In what Oscar-winning film is the indiscretion of 'chewing gum in class' brought up?

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    In what Oscar-winning film is the indiscretion of 'chewing gum in class' brought up?
    Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Just a gut feeling, that a very serious offence has been committed
    just a simple gut feeling and the fact that the club has taken the unprecedented step of terminating his contract immediately and without public explanation

Quote Originally Posted by Welshcake. View Post
    Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
    That's not the one I have in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    And a million full stops because he doesn't usually structure his sentences just.... Does.... This... Between.. Words
    Well....ellipses is perfectly grammatical and acceptable.....https://www.grammarbook.com/punctuation/ellipses.asp

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    just a simple gut feeling and the fact that the club has taken the unprecedented step of terminating his contract immediately and without public explanation
    I wonder if its worse than the alleged drugs and road accident twitter rumours , clubs have stood by players committing these type of offences , of course depending on the severity of the crime .

Well....ellipses is perfectly grammatical and acceptable.....https://www.grammarbook.com/punctuation/ellipses.asp
    Take some comfort in the knowledge the grammar police are always overlooking our each and every keyboard movement , I wonder if you can select specific poster/s to follow , perhaps we should be paying for this expertise's ?

Take some comfort in the knowledge the grammar police are always overlooking our each and every keyboard movement , I wonder if you can select specific poster/s to follow , perhaps we should be paying for this expertise's ?
    NML releases a statement

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...aking-18909704

Thanks the fans.... Not the club or management.

I wonder if its worse than the alleged drugs and road accident twitter rumours , clubs have stood by players committing these type of offences , of course depending on the severity of the crime .
    If they've cancelled his contract, then yes it likely is worse than offences done by players who didn't get their contract cancelled.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    If they've cancelled his contract, then yes it likely is worse than offences done by players who didn't get their contract cancelled.
    Exactly. The club are not going to throw away a saleable asset, especially in today's financial climate, unless they deem the situation to be extremely serious and potentially damaging to its reputation.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post

You'd think that if it was anything serious enough to get the police involved then we'd have heard about it already.
    Which makes me wonder if he did just refuse to come to training or something

I agree about the police - surely we'd know about it by now.
    This all points to a drug issue - if he failed a drug test, and gets a ban, then he couldn't fulfil his side of his contract.