+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Anybody else ...?

Anybody else ...?

As we continue to be unable to attend games , does anyone else feel like their enthusiasm following City is starting to wane?

I renewed my season ticket , have watched the live streams but somehow I just don’t feel it’s as important as it used to be ? Is it just me

Re: Anybody else ...?

I know where you're coming from, bro.
    This virus has made us all realise that ther's more important things in life.
    Keep the faith - we'll be back in stadiums one day.

ill be honest i was surprised at the amount of season ticket sales, great way to support the club during this if you can afford it but watching games through city player isnt for me.

I just wish we had gone for a change of direction after Warnock instead of the poor imitation we have, makes the terrible football harder to stomach when they promised us a new type of football.

Agreed. I've never been a lover of sport on TV. Much better live and if that's not possible, I'd prefer the radio. Matchday is so much more than the 90 minutes, but on TV it's just that.

It is hard to keep the enthusiasm... I renewed too but the stream is awful.

It was frustrating that the picture quality was so poor in the Reading game but what really annoyed me was the commentators comment after people has clearly complained.... "nothing we can do about the sun sorry, it would be the same if you were watching it live or on sky".... Errr no, sky, bt etc have better cameras and post production and my eyes are able to focus better on sunny and dark areas when watching it live at the stadium. Don't know why but his comment really pi**ed me off... It was such a throw away comment and it was shit to watch on that crappy app which by the way we all pay £10 to have the privilege to do so. Thought he was a bit rude to all of us who pay for it.
    I know it's the EFL who film it and send the footage out but it is clearly poor quality.

Anyway I'll shut up now. My point was, we have renewed our season tickets, we are not watching live football and I feel like the excitement and joy of following city is fading... I'll get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by mbatte View Post
    It is hard to keep the enthusiasm... I renewed too but the stream is awful.

It was frustrating that the picture quality was so poor in the Reading game but what really annoyed me was the commentators comment after people has clearly complained.... "nothing we can do about the sun sorry, it would be the same if you were watching it live or on sky".... Errr no, sky, bt etc have better cameras and post production and my eyes are able to focus better on sunny and dark areas when watching it live at the stadium. Don't know why but his comment really pi**ed me off... It was such a throw away comment and it was shit to watch on that crappy app which by the way we all pay £10 to have the privilege to do so. Thought he was a bit rude to all of us who pay for it.
    I know it's the EFL who film it and send the footage out but it is clearly poor quality.

Anyway I'll shut up now. My point was, we have renewed our season tickets, we are not watching live football and I feel like the excitement and joy of following city is fading... I'll get over it.
    Must admit I felt exactly the same as you when I heard that comment - almost as if to say how dare you complain. Added to not being able to see half the pitch the quality of the commentary was dire and though not the commentators fault but the shocking football didn’t help my mood much either!

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    ill be honest i was surprised at the amount of season ticket sales, great way to support the club during this if you can afford it but watching games through city player isnt for me.

I just wish we had gone for a change of direction after Warnock instead of the poor imitation we have, makes the terrible football harder to stomach when they promised us a new type of football.
    I was hoping for a change of style too after our relegation,Brighton we’re lucky to survive above us that season but they have capitalised on that escape , recruited well on and off the field , changed their style of play and now not only play good football look less likely to finish that close to relegation this season.

However, to be fair to Neil Harris, despite my initial reservations he did well last season so I was hopeful with a transfer window that we would carry on where we left off and push on again this season but we seem to have slipped back to the kind of form we showed under Warnock at start of last season .

I can only hope Harris can get some creativity into the team and also sort out the defence who seem to be conceding soft goals !
    I don’t think we can afford to change manager again with finances struggling due to Covid-19 !

I'm less interested because I find it less interesting. Got my season ticket, don't think it'll take much to get right back into it, hope not.

I'm sure we all have a bit but looking forward to first full house opportunity, even if a year away - should be a great occasion which would get the fire burning again - as long as we're not in L1..

100% mate. Football without fans truly is nothing.

Yes it is a worry and I think many older fans may not return

I was having the same conversation in work only yesterday. Without that fortnightly fix of live footie, it soon starts to lose it's relevance. Both older and younger fans may not return, and those with wives and families will find other things to do on a Saturday. As poor as the live coverage is, it is at least a link to the club, and something that we should all be grateful for.

Quote Originally Posted by billy.ronson View Post
    As we continue to be unable to attend games , does anyone else feel like their enthusiasm following City is starting to wane?

I renewed my season ticket , have watched the live streams but somehow I just don’t feel it’s as important as it used to be ? Is it just me
    Whilst there are genuine reasons why some people are unable to go to actual games I've always considered watching football 'live' - and armchair followers - are two completely different things. I renewed at the last minute because I thought I'd be missing out if I didn't catch up all the streams, but truthfully until the thread was posted on here a couple of days ago I didn't know who we were playing this Saturday.

For me, the whole 'being there in the flesh' is what gives me a buzz. People like us are now probably in the minority when you consider those who never go to matches but purely follow/support a team via some form of media..

I haven't been able to attand games regularly for 28 years. My enthusiasm has never waned. I still plan family visits around City fixtures. I think the feeling that the club is in transition and that we are not likely to challenge this season would have more to do with it. Also, when you watch televised games, the only entertainment is the football. No mates, no atmosphere, no singing, no beers before and after. Unfortunately the football hasn't been up to much lately and the results have been poor. There's little entertainment or excitement on offer

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone View Post
    Must admit I felt exactly the same as you when I heard that comment - almost as if to say how dare you complain. Added to not being able to see half the pitch the quality of the commentary was dire and though not the commentators fault but the shocking football didn’t help my mood much either!
    My reaction was surprised at how some people had bothered to complain because there was a shadow on one side of the pitch. Sure it wasn't perfect but it took about half a second for the camera to adjust, the game was more than watchable (apart from our performance)