Thread: Mendez Laing Contract Terminated

Re: Mendez Laing Contract Terminated

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    He's been caught with his trousers round his ankles

What a rotter
    Yep in Ken Choo's office with a royds works sticking out of his arse

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Driving whilst under the influence of alcohol, resulting in a bad accident.
    I've seen that too, but surely that would have been reported by now. Difficult to keep that below the media radar.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Shhh View Post
    I've seen that too, but surely that would have been reported by now. Difficult to keep that below the media radar.
    Yeah, and the way the WOL journalists are covering it makes it sound like something worse

His car was smashed up. He claimed stolen but would add up.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Yeah, and the way the WOL journalists are covering it makes it sound like something worse
    If its that, he will have probably hit someone.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    would the club sack him for that?
    Ask Lee Hughes and WBA

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    I doubt they know more than us. They didn't break the news.

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Wasn't his car smashed up before Leeds game and he said it was stolen? Could be linked...... Could not be tho.
    Was thinking that also. Claiming a Rolex was stolen as well.

There are only a few scenarios where a player would effectively be sacked. Either the player has committed a crime that is likely to deprive him of his liberty (ie. jail sentence), OR he has done something that would prevent him playing football.
    So a car accident sounds a possible candidate, if he was maybe drunk, under the influence of drugs, hit someone, left the scene. Or even all of those things. But surely we'd have heard about it before now?
    The second one is failing a drug test. If he gets a ban from football, that means he can't fulfil his contract, so he's effectively sacked himself. That sounds more likely to me.
    Just to reiterate - I don't know anything, I'm just guessing, like everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    He will be a big miss unless this new guy is the real deal. Think we need another forward now.
    Guess he must have been a very naughty boy for the club to take this action.
    As our local hacks are so useless I guess we will read the gory details in the Mail or Sun tomorrow.
    I'm just preying , with my spelling errors, and the challenges of the latest signings , the incoming player is a simple Roy of the Rovers

Agreed.

Hadn't realised this had happened before. Sorry if posted previously.
    http://www.dai-sport.com/history-rep...under-a-cloud/

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    There are only a few scenarios where a player would effectively be sacked. Either the player has committed a crime that is likely to deprive him of his liberty (ie. jail sentence), OR he has done something that would prevent him playing football.
    So a car accident sounds a possible candidate, if he was maybe drunk, under the influence of drugs, hit someone, left the scene. Or even all of those things. But surely we'd have heard about it before now?
    The second one is failing a drug test. If he gets a ban from football, that means he can't fulfil his contract, so he's effectively sacked himself. That sounds more likely to me.
    Just to reiterate - I don't know anything, I'm just guessing, like everyone else.
    I suspect that this could be it. 🤷*♂️

Laing was a decent free transfer signing by Neil Warnock .

Quote Originally Posted by Forest Green Bluebird View Post
    Was thinking that also. Claiming a Rolex was stolen as well.
    I think it was reported as vandalised and not stolen.

This is a very sad and strange situation. Whatever has happened, thoughts must also go out to NML. However stupid he may have been I am sure he now regrets it tenfold....there is always the human aspect, especially when his partner gave birth last June/July. I am sure that most of us have done something(s) in our life and then then said 'what the ****' did I do that for.

I know he blew hot and cold as a player, but he was generally whole hearted and I am saddened by this. Maybe that NW at Boro will put an arm around him and give him another chance....maybe a third after the Peterborough situation.

Cannot think of any other situation at City when this ha happened....even in the days of 'fingers' Farrell...whom I was a great fan of.

Do the ITK lot on here know how many pints he drank and who he got his 3 for a oner off?

**** sake :/

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Do the ITK lot on here know how many pints he drank and who he got his 3 for a oner off?

**** sake :/
    Can you put this in English....

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    Can you put this in English....
    You very rarely type in it on here, so no.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    You very rarely type in it on here, so no.
    Well you cannot expect any sensible comment back, can you...and what are you on about, I always type in correct English.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    I think it was reported as vandalised and not stolen.
    Yeah, he posted photos on his instagram when it happened - it was smashed windows, didn't appear to be and damage to the bodywork / as if it'd been in a crash.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    I suspect that this could be it. 🤷*♂️
    Just a gut feeling, that a very serious offence has been committed

International

There are so many things it could be that it is almost pointless speculating. (Yeah, I know it's fun!) I think we would all assume it has to be 1: something very serious, 2: Not directly football related 3. Not something a club could morally defend it's player for (Like a man trying to defend his sis who he thinks has been drugged) and 4: probably illegal.
    within that there are so many things, drug related, non-drug criminal, sexual, terrorist, and lots of other things that people could fancifully think up.
    But it will be out here soon. It is too juicy for it to stay covered up for long, the who UK football family is looking and asking.

Are we sure that was his car in the accident ?
    Probably just pissed up and did a runner to avoid being breathalysed, reported it stolen then lost his bottle or got caught out.

It happens. If that's all it is ( and I anticipate some sanctimonious rebukes for that) , then I think we're daft to let him go.
    I should think Sir Neil has probably been on the telephone to sign him up for Middlesborough.

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    Are we sure that was his car in the accident ?
    Probably just pissed up and did a runner to avoid being breathalysed, reported it stolen then lost his bottle or got caught out.

It happens. If that's all it is ( and I anticipate some sanctimonious rebukes for that) , then I think we're daft to let him go.
    I should think Sir Neil has probably been on the telephone to sign him up for Middlesborough.
    I’d have thought that we’d retain his signature.