+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Mendez Laing Contract Terminated

Re: Mendez Laing Contract Terminated

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post
    I still think it's this. My uncle is a behavioral psychologist at the University of Western Australia - post grad. He said he noticed every time NML was subbed off there was an "episodic flare" whenever Harris rubbed his hair. To some that would seem like nothing but a manager trying to say good job / well done. To my uncle it was clear that this stirred some unhealthy hate from inside NML which he has directed at the club.
    They'd have sold him, and they could tell you that he didn't want to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Found out the real reason. He tried to pass the ball to Glatzel's feet instead of lumping it in the vague vicinity of his head. Harris couldn't abide it so he had to go.

Surely if a footballer had injured 2 people in a car crash, even if not under the influence of drugs/alcohol, the press would have picked up on it ?

Really sad to see Mendez leave under this cloud. I'll reserve my judgement until the whole story comes out. Puts added pressure on the new lad from Liverpool now and a chance for Murphy to claim a first team start (I've been saying that for years mind)

Quote Originally Posted by tomcat View Post
    Allegedly .........he's crashed a car, injuring two other people in the process, (while under the influence of one or the other) and then run off. I was advised that what was left in said vehicle may or may not have been of interest to the authorities when it was inspected, and made things more serious.
    This issue would not have been minor as no club would dispense with a valuable asset at the start of a new season on a whim. Someone at the training ground has a loose tongue.......
    giphy.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    If true dreadful behaviour , imagine if a young family had been walking innocently in that area at that time , , disgusting if true.
    What if they were walking guiltily?

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    The cringeworthy "I have heard something but won't say" post.. Get a grip you donut
    Yeah yeah I know it doesn't come across well 😂

Point I was trying badly to make was that it's pointless speculating online

International

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    They may have been taking a short cut!!!

The fact that Harris reiterated that the door is always open makes me think it’s not actually that bad

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    The fact that Harris reiterated that the door is always open makes me think it’s not actually that bad
    Why get rid of him for nothing then? Football clubs dont get rid of assets, especially in these times of financial hardship.

Why didnt NML say something in his statement if it wasn't that bad?

Why haven't the sunday press run a story if 1, they even know what the reason is or 2, unless its sub judice?

He refused to go to training. Club tried to be accommodative until it reached the point where he was taking the piss. That's how he breached his contract, by not showing up to work. Club got rid but obviously they don't want to pay the compensation so they're being careful about what they say, letting the legal proceedings unfold.

He refused to go to training. Club tried to be accommodative until it reached the point where he was taking the piss. That's how he breached his contract, by not showing up to work. Club got rid but obviously they don't want to pay the compensation so they're being careful about what they say, letting the legal proceedings unfold.
    Why did he refuse to go to training?

Why not sell him or loan him out?

two separate, reliable, sources have told me exactly the same thing, car accident with extras. There's no way they'd act like this if he just didn't want to come to training, especially as he has an intrinsic value.

Quote Originally Posted by tomcat View Post
    two separate, reliable, sources have told me exactly the same thing, car accident with extras. There's no way they'd act like this if he just didn't want to come to training, especially as he has an intrinsic value.
    Yeah they'd just be giving him away to another club. It has to be something that stops him actually playing for a while, and a criminal act seems to fit the bill (no pun intended).

Why would club pay compensation to a player refusing to train?

If he refused to train they could just keep fining him wages until they could sell him.

Quote Originally Posted by cityhammer View Post
    Why would club pay compensation to a player refusing to train?

If he refused to train they could just keep fining him wages until they could sell him.
    Yes as you say they would transfer list him fine him then suspend him if he missed training. They would then sell him as soon as possible.

This sacking seems far more serious than that.

International

He's a professional, why would he suddenly refuse to train?
    most professionals look for a club to train with even if they aren't employed.
    It is part of being on the market, showing prospective clubs that they are still fit.
    If he wanted out then not training is the perfect way to ensure no one wants you.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    He's a professional, why would he suddenly refuse to train?
    most professionals look for a club to train with even if they aren't employed.
    It is part of being on the market, showing prospective clubs that they are still fit.
    If he wanted out then not training is the perfect way to ensure no one wants you.

It does happen, but the first step is never tearing up the contract.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Equally disgusting if they die from the drivers errors of judgement .Hope something like that doesnt happen to someone you know .

So... any update

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    So... any update
    He was caught dealing.

I live in Surrey and a mate of mine, who used to be a copper, said that was the reason, as soon as I brought the subject up.

Could be rubbish but odd that this chap seemed to know about it and isn’t a CCFC fan (he suppliers Wolves!)

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    He was caught dealing.

I live in Surrey and a mate of mine, who used to be a copper, said that was the reason, as soon as I brought the subject up.

Could be rubbish but odd that this chap seemed to know about it and isn’t a CCFC fan (he suppliers Wolves!)
    Pot calling kettle black?

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    Pot calling kettle black?
    😀

Why would a professional footballer making at least £10,000 a week deal drugs? Unless it's PEDs to his team mates or something like that.