+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Results 241 to 270 of 300

Thread: Mendez Laing Contract Terminated

  1. #241

    Re: Mendez Laing Contract Terminated

    Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post
    He refused to go to training. Club tried to be accommodative until it reached the point where he was taking the piss. That's how he breached his contract, by not showing up to work. Club got rid but obviously they don't want to pay the compensation so they're being careful about what they say, letting the legal proceedings unfold.
    Why would club pay compensation to a player refusing to train?

    If he refused to train they could just keep fining him wages until they could sell him.

  2. #242

    Re: Mendez Laing Contract Terminated

    Quote Originally Posted by cityhammer View Post
    Why would club pay compensation to a player refusing to train?

    If he refused to train they could just keep fining him wages until they could sell him.
    Yes as you say they would transfer list him fine him then suspend him if he missed training. They would then sell him as soon as possible.

    This sacking seems far more serious than that.

  3. #243
    International
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Baku, Azerbaijan
    Posts
    8,901

    Re: Mendez Laing Contract Terminated

    He's a professional, why would he suddenly refuse to train?
    most professionals look for a club to train with even if they aren't employed.
    It is part of being on the market, showing prospective clubs that they are still fit.
    If he wanted out then not training is the perfect way to ensure no one wants you.

  4. #244

    Re: Mendez Laing Contract Terminated

    Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    He's a professional, why would he suddenly refuse to train?
    most professionals look for a club to train with even if they aren't employed.
    It is part of being on the market, showing prospective clubs that they are still fit.
    If he wanted out then not training is the perfect way to ensure no one wants you.

    It does happen, but the first step is never tearing up the contract.

  5. #245

    Re: Mendez Laing Contract Terminated

    Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    What if they were walking guiltily?
    Equally disgusting if they die from the drivers errors of judgement .Hope something like that doesnt happen to someone you know .

  6. #246

    Re: Mendez Laing Contract Terminated

    So... any update

  7. #247

    Re: Mendez Laing Contract Terminated

    Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    So... any update
    He was caught dealing.

    I live in Surrey and a mate of mine, who used to be a copper, said that was the reason, as soon as I brought the subject up.

    Could be rubbish but odd that this chap seemed to know about it and isnít a CCFC fan (he suppliers Wolves!)

  8. #248

    Re: Mendez Laing Contract Terminated

    Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    He was caught dealing.

    I live in Surrey and a mate of mine, who used to be a copper, said that was the reason, as soon as I brought the subject up.

    Could be rubbish but odd that this chap seemed to know about it and isn’t a CCFC fan (he suppliers Wolves!)
    Pot calling kettle black?

  9. #249

    Re: Mendez Laing Contract Terminated

    Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    Pot calling kettle black?
    😀

  10. #250

    Re: Mendez Laing Contract Terminated

    Why would a professional footballer making at least £10,000 a week deal drugs? Unless it's PEDs to his team mates or something like that.

  11. #251

    Re: Mendez Laing Contract Terminated

    Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    He was caught dealing.

    I live in Surrey and a mate of mine, who used to be a copper, said that was the reason, as soon as I brought the subject up.

    Could be rubbish but odd that this chap seemed to know about it and isn’t a CCFC fan (he suppliers Wolves!)
    If it's rubbish you just libelled him. Be careful, old fruit.

  12. #252

    Re: Mendez Laing Contract Terminated

    Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    He was caught dealing.

    I live in Surrey and a mate of mine, who used to be a copper, said that was the reason, as soon as I brought the subject up.

    Could be rubbish but odd that this chap seemed to know about it and isnít a CCFC fan (he suppliers Wolves!)
    Why would some guy living in Surrey, who used to be a copper, be any more reliable source than anyone else?

    The fact that we haven't had a sniff of something from the media suggests that no one has a clue what the real story is!

  13. #253

    Re: Mendez Laing Contract Terminated

    Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Why would a professional footballer making at least £10,000 a week deal drugs? Unless it's PEDs to his team mates or something like that.
    Why would a multi millionaire NFL player like Michael Vick earning millions, be so bothered about winning a few thousand dollars with dog fights?

    These things happen

  14. #254

    Re: Mendez Laing Contract Terminated

    Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    Pot calling kettle black?

  15. #255

    Re: Mendez Laing Contract Terminated

    Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    He was caught dealing.

    I live in Surrey and a mate of mine, who used to be a copper, said that was the reason, as soon as I brought the subject up.

    Could be rubbish but odd that this chap seemed to know about it and isn’t a CCFC fan (he suppliers Wolves!)
    I suggest the moderators remove this post as it is potentially libellous.

  16. #256

    Re: Mendez Laing Contract Terminated

    Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird23 View Post
    Why would a multi millionaire NFL player like Michael Vick earning millions, be so bothered about winning a few thousand dollars with dog fights?

    These things happen
    Well he probably wasn't running a dog fight club to make money. There was something else about it that gave him enjoyment.

    I doubt anyone is dealing drugs for fun.

  17. #257

    Re: Mendez Laing Contract Terminated

    Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    He was caught dealing.

    I live in Surrey and a mate of mine, who used to be a copper, said that was the reason
    Well there we have it then. I'm glad we got to the bottom of it.

  18. #258

    Re: Mendez Laing Contract Terminated

    Quote Originally Posted by BrummieBluebird View Post
    Whatís happened there then??
    I am impressed that the reasons are still unknown.
    I also wonder whether any other clubs have shown an interest and how CCFC, NML and his agent are handling the need to know why.

  19. #259

    Re: Mendez Laing Contract Terminated

    Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird23 View Post
    Why would a multi millionaire NFL player like Michael Vick earning millions, be so bothered about winning a few thousand dollars with dog fights?

    These things happen
    I don't think Vick was into dog fighting for the money. From what I gather he was funding the operation for his "crew". But still, I don't know why he would get involved.

    I wouldn't be surprised if the NML thing had more to do with PED use than dealing street drugs.

  20. #260

    Re: Mendez Laing Contract Terminated

    Quote Originally Posted by BLUEAWAY View Post
    I am impressed that the reasons are still unknown.
    I also wonder whether any other clubs have shown an interest and how CCFC, NML and his agent are handling the need to know why.
    If City have terminated his contract surely we have no further expectations to receive any form of compensation or stop him from joining another club ?
    In the position they are in I am flabbergasted the Warnock and Middlesbrough havenít snapped him up on a free ?

  21. #261

    Re: Mendez Laing Contract Terminated

    Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I don't think Vick was into dog fighting for the money. From what I gather he was funding the operation for his "crew". But still, I don't know why he would get involved.

    I wouldn't be surprised if the NML thing had more to do with PED use than dealing street drugs.
    What is PED

  22. #262
    International jon1959's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Sheffield - out of Roath
    Posts
    10,415

    Re: Mendez Laing Contract Terminated

    Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    What is PED
    Performance Enhancing Drugs?

  23. #263

    Re: Mendez Laing Contract Terminated

    Sorry: performance-enhancing drugs. IE steroids etc.

  24. #264

    Re: Mendez Laing Contract Terminated

    Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Sorry: performance-enhancing drugs. IE steroids etc.
    Might explain his shape when he returned after the break , he looks so mcuh bigger and wider . Doesn't he have asthma , dont suffers take some form of them , someone also mentioned that his brother has a wayward side ?

  25. #265

    Re: Mendez Laing Contract Terminated

    Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Sorry: performance-enhancing drugs. IE steroids etc.
    Juicing. A mate of mine injects Test, just for bodyshape etc, he only trains moderately but watches what he eats. I never really thought that stuff had that much of an effect, **** me, how wrong i was. He's 46 and he has the body of a 21 year old.

  26. #266

    Re: Mendez Laing Contract Terminated

    Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Juicing. A mate of mine injects Test, just for bodyshape etc, he only trains moderately but watches what he eats. I never really thought that stuff had that much of an effect, **** me, how wrong i was. He's 46 and he has the body of a 21 year old.
    Where does he keep it?

  27. #267

    Re: Mendez Laing Contract Terminated

    Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Juicing. A mate of mine injects Test, just for bodyshape etc, he only trains moderately but watches what he eats. I never really thought that stuff had that much of an effect, **** me, how wrong i was. He's 46 and he has the body of a 21 year old.
    Think it eventually damages the heart and organs ,in later life it might hurt or haunt him , hope not though

  28. #268

    Re: Mendez Laing Contract Terminated

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Where does he keep it?

  29. #269

    Re: Mendez Laing Contract Terminated

    Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Think it eventually damages the heart and organs ,in later life it might hurt or haunt him , hope not though
    Maybe, i don't really know. It's the same stuff that blokes get if they're low on Testosterone or women who are transgendering (if that's a word)

  30. #270

    Re: Mendez Laing Contract Terminated

    Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Maybe, i don't really know. It's the same stuff that blokes get if they're low on Testosterone or women who are transgendering (if that's a word)
    It is now

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •