+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Mendez Laing Contract Terminated

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Mendez Laing Contract Terminated

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I don't think Vick was into dog fighting for the money. From what I gather he was funding the operation for his "crew". But still, I don't know why he would get involved.

I wouldn't be surprised if the NML thing had more to do with PED use than dealing street drugs.
    What is PED

Sorry: performance-enhancing drugs. IE steroids etc.

Quote Originally Posted by BrummieBluebird View Post
    What’s happened there then??
    I am impressed that the reasons are still unknown.
    I also wonder whether any other clubs have shown an interest and how CCFC, NML and his agent are handling the need to know why.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEAWAY View Post
    I am impressed that the reasons are still unknown.
    I also wonder whether any other clubs have shown an interest and how CCFC, NML and his agent are handling the need to know why.
    If City have terminated his contract surely we have no further expectations to receive any form of compensation or stop him from joining another club ?
    In the position they are in I am flabbergasted the Warnock and Middlesbrough haven’t snapped him up on a free ?

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    If City have terminated his contract surely we have no further expectations to receive any form of compensation or stop him from joining another club ?
    In the position they are in I am flabbergasted the Warnock and Middlesbrough haven’t snapped him up on a free ?
    I didn’t suggest or expect that we should receive compensation. My comment was intended to question whether we would disclose the reasons to another club.

I didn’t suggest or expect that we should receive compensation. My comment was intended to question whether we would disclose the reasons to another club.
    Maybe he's heading for a lengthy ban.

Wasn’t questioning your original post. Just wondered if anyone knew the contractual position if a club showed interest.
    There must be some problem as I am sure someone would have offered him a short term contract for free.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    What is PED
    Performance Enhancing Drugs?

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Juicing. A mate of mine injects Test, just for bodyshape etc, he only trains moderately but watches what he eats. I never really thought that stuff had that much of an effect, **** me, how wrong i was. He's 46 and he has the body of a 21 year old.
    Where does he keep it?

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Where does he keep it?

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Where does he keep it?
    Does it have adverse effects on your meat and two veg?

Very surprised nothing has come out yet, for me that solidifies the seriousness of what's gone on. Have to wait and see I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    Very surprised nothing has come out yet, for me that solidifies the seriousness of what's gone on. Have to wait and see I suppose.
    We may all be well off beam ,I wonder its within a gagging order .

The fact no one else has signed him also adds weight to how serious it must be.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    The fact no one else has signed him also adds weight to how serious it must be.
    Or it just means we still have his registation.

If, and this is a big if, it's drugs and it is his first offence, then it is a 6 month ban without the need to be made public. Something similar happened to Berahino. It would make sense considering there's been no news and nobody has tried to sign him (at first glance!). Again, this seems to make sense but like Manuel, I know nothing.

Could be a gagging order you're right and I suppose clubs won't sign him until whatever mess is cleared up. Who knows 😁 I don't like waiting 😅

International

Could be a gagging order you're right and I suppose clubs won't sign him until whatever mess is cleared up. Who knows �� I don't like waiting ��
    Why? What ever the reason, it isn't going to change your life.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    It is when you don't like waiting.

I have a sneaky feeling that's its not about drugs or a car accident . Sometimes gagging orders are used for very inappropriate behaviour due to the sensitivity of the case, and those effected.

Neil Harris said in one of his media appearances that the door is always open regarding Nathaniel Mendez-Laing. I'm surprised that comment wasn't and hasn't been pursued by the media because, at first glance, it appears to contradict the club's statement when the player left us - presumably, our manager meant that he is always available for a one to one with NML if he feels he needs to talk to somebody?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54111659

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    it appears to contradict the club's statement when the player left us - presumably, our manager meant that he is always available for a one to one with NML if he feels he needs to talk to somebody?
    Yes, I also think that NH was saying that he would be there if NML needed to talk to him.

Quote Originally Posted by NottinghamBlue View Post
    Yes, I also think that NH was saying that he would be there if NML needed to talk to him.
    I think you’re reading too much into this.

1. NH worked closely with NML for a year, he obviously feels a moral duty , if nothing else, to be available if he needs to talk, however heinous his actions.

2. It’s good PR in these days where there is more awareness of mental health issues.

Must say I am finding some comfort in the details of this not immediately being leaked. It feels like our club, and perhaps local media, is acting in a more professional way than when we had controversies under previous managers.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Patience is a virtue, I don't possess it. Would be nice to be able to put the debacle behind me. No need for deep delve into the reasons behind my impatience 😂