+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Mendez Laing Contract Terminated

Re: Mendez Laing Contract Terminated

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post
    My prediction: He didn't want to play for us and went about it the wrong way.
    If this is just him forcing his way out then you'd have at least expected the club to try to sell him, as he'd be wirth a million or two to someone srely?

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Why ? The club have acted decisively and quickly which is good. They have already taken steps to replace him. They wouldn't just tear up the contract of a senior first team player without good reason and therefore you have to believe that we will be better off without him.
    I like him as a player and believe he adds value to our squad.
    Sounds like you believe it is good news then.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    If this is just him forcing his way out then you'd have at least expected the club to try to sell him, as he'd be wirth a million or two to someone srely?
    Yeah wed have got something. Or maybe a swap.

Caught dealing is the new rumour on the t’internet

Wow. Wasn’t expecting that. Could be anything really. I’m sure it’s been said “personal reasons” over the past months why he has missed pre season but to have a contract terminated suggests misconduct or even something criminal? I guess it’ll come out in the wash. Such a shame as he was really coming along nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    WTF think fans deserve a bit more than he's gone, no further comment. You haven't got to go into the exact details but surely can say it's a disciplinary issue, it's by mutual consent due to personal reasons, whatever.
    The have said it is for a breach of contract. Perhaps there is good reason they havent gone into detail yet.

Im sure they will have legal people advising them on such a serious matter and pandering to the whims of supporters on messageboards is of least of importance at the moment.

Its not very often a footballer, one thats a saleable asset, gets sacked. It must be something serious.

He's been caught playing topless darts live from Roehampton

I'd definitely say this is for NML admitting to or being found doing something seriously wrong given that clubs quite often stand by players charged with serious criminal offences until they have been found guilty. If it was drugs, then you'd think that there'd be an announcement from the football authorities soon, but, again, it's unusual for.a player to be sacked so early in the process.

This is a serious setback for City as far as the new season is concerned both financially and football wise - the Mendez-Laing which gave Trent Alexander-Arnold such an uncomfortable afternoon eighteen months or so ago was a £20 million player, at least. He could also look a candidate for a free transfer at times, but he gave us something that I don't think anyone else in our squad can when at his best.

From some of the replies from Abbandonato on this thread -

Th club hold Mendez Laing responsible for this, it was something pretty serious, and it's bound to all come out eventually, but it isn't his place to say it it needs to come from the player.

I wonder if football clubs have insurance against this kind of thing?
    whatever it is

https://twitter.com/PaulAbbandonato/...80288170610688

Also says "Terrible loss.... But if what I'm being told is correct the club hierarchy had no option".

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Im going with he is facing criminal charges.
    Makes sense, they've basically suspended him while he's been facing the charges etc and they've found out he's going to go down and have sacked him. At a guess! I don't know if that's true of course!

I'm hearing a rumour he went into Caerphilly during the lockdown.

Criminal charges or a failed drugs test I assume.

He only had a year left so 9 or 10 month drugs ban by the FA there'd be zero reason to keep him around.

Think it's normally fairly easy to find out about someone facing criminal charges so would imagine it will make its way into the media soon enough if it is that.

Fair play. The club wouldn’t have acted so diligently in the past.

No leaks. No nonsense.

Something’s clearly happened and they’ve acted swiftly.

I do wonder what’s happened but it’s good that we don’t know.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post
    My prediction: He didn't want to play for us and went about it the wrong way.
    Doubt you’d be terminated for that

Any ambidextrous free flowing utility players going on a free ?

Quote Originally Posted by SunderlandBluebird View Post

He only had a year left so 9 or 10 month drugs ban by the FA there'd be zero reason to keep him around.

Think it's normally fairly easy to find out about someone facing criminal charges so would imagine it will make its way into the media soon enough if it is that.
    Ex Cardiff youth player Josh Yorwerth had a 4 year ban for failed drugs test, this could be career over as well for him if it is drug related.

Quote Originally Posted by Zowhore View Post
    Ex Cardiff youth player Josh Yorwerth had a 4 year ban for failed drugs test, this could be career over as well for him if it is drug related.
    There’s a different rumour circulating on Twitter but no point posting until confirmed

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Fair play. The club wouldn’t have acted so diligently in the past.

No leaks. No nonsense.

Something’s clearly happened and they’ve acted swiftly.

I do wonder what’s happened but it’s good that we don’t know.

Neil Harris has been talking about him being out for personal reasons for a couple of weeks or so, therefore they've known something was up and this has not been a "swift" decision.

He's been caught with his trousers round his ankles

What a rotter

Quote Originally Posted by SunderlandBluebird View Post

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    There’s a different rumour circulating on Twitter but no point posting until confirmed
    Twitter is rife with other fans picking up on the Madine fight club story and thinking its Mendez, god knows how that’s happened

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Neil Harris has been talking about him being out for personal reasons for a couple of weeks or so, therefore they've known something was up and this has not been a "swift" decision.
    Agreed, which probably explains Ojo and I expect they've found out the full extent of what's happened today/found out what's going to happen. It must be a drugs test or a police matter if they've sacked him you'd think.

Quote Originally Posted by Zowhore View Post
    Twitter is rife with other fans picking up on the Madine fight club story and thinking its Mendez, god knows how that’s happened

Photoshop. What a story, where is Padraig with the exclusive on this?