+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Mendez Laing Contract Terminated

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Mendez Laing Contract Terminated

In what Oscar-winning film is the indiscretion of 'chewing gum in class' brought up?

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    In what Oscar-winning film is the indiscretion of 'chewing gum in class' brought up?
    Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

Quote Originally Posted by Welshcake. View Post
    Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
    That's not the one I have in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Take some comfort in the knowledge the grammar police are always overlooking our each and every keyboard movement , I wonder if you can select specific poster/s to follow , perhaps we should be paying for this expertise's ?
    NML releases a statement

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...aking-18909704

Thanks the fans.... Not the club or management.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    If they've cancelled his contract, then yes it likely is worse than offences done by players who didn't get their contract cancelled.
    Exactly. The club are not going to throw away a saleable asset, especially in today's financial climate, unless they deem the situation to be extremely serious and potentially damaging to its reputation.

You'd think that if it was anything serious enough to get the police involved then we'd have heard about it already.
    Which makes me wonder if he did just refuse to come to training or something

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    You'd think that if it was anything serious enough to get the police involved then we'd have heard about it already.
    They'd sell him if that was the case, they'd fine him etc but they'd move him on. I'd be surprised if it's drugs, they're usually quite lenient and I'd imagine we'd know. Coke is a 6 month ban now, unless it isn't his first offence. Yorwerth was sacked after everyone knew it was drugs, as did people like Mutu. It should be fairly cut and dried.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    They'd sell him if that was the case, they'd fine him etc but they'd move him on. I'd be surprised if it's drugs, they're usually quite lenient and I'd imagine we'd know. Coke is a 6 month ban now, unless it isn't his first offence. Yorwerth was sacked after everyone knew it was drugs, as did people like Mutu. It should be fairly cut and dried.

I agree about the police - surely we'd know about it by now.
    This all points to a drug issue - if he failed a drug test, and gets a ban, then he couldn't fulfil his side of his contract.

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    This all points to a drug issue - if he failed a drug test, and gets a ban, then he couldn't fulfil his side of his contract.
    That would make sense - still don;t wnt to jump to any conclusions though.

How long is a ban for failing a drugs test?

edit-

“The FA shall decide in its absolute discretion whether or not to publish any detail relating to a charge brought under its social drugs policy regulations.”

A suspension of between one and three months can be imposed for a first offence for recreational drug use, increasing to six to 12 months a second time and between 18 months and two years if they are caught again.

Players are also required to attend a course of evaluation, education, counselling and treatment, where necessary.

A positive test for a performance enhancing drug listed on the Wada Prohibited List can lead to a four-year suspension for a first offence.

If that’s all it was club would fine him, but still hold his registration and sell him ASAP. You don’t rip up a players contract, waving goodbye to £1M+, just because he throws his toys out of the pram! Plus, a player doesn’t delete all social media if he throws a hissy fit.

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    Again if it was just a drugs test the club would probably wait to see the outcome! This smacks of something much more serious.

😳

Mendez releasing a statement and Harris saying his door is always open to Mendez and that he’s comfortable with the decision. Probably something that is clearly a serious breach of contract but probably a bit less than the rumours that have been flying about.

Failed a drugs test and facing a minimal ban of around 6-9 months would be my guess. Club faced with a decision of standing by him, extending his contract and having an asset at the end of it or cutting ties now. My guess would be they took the second option and Mendez fought the decision. Harris said the PFA etc were involved in it. His statement thanked the fans and no reference to the club, Harris etc. Putting two and two together really, but the longer it goes without nothing coming out the less likely it’s anything criminal imo.

Quote Originally Posted by SunderlandBluebird View Post
    Mendez releasing a statement and Harris saying his door is always open to Mendez and that he’s comfortable with the decision. Probably something that is clearly a serious breach of contract but probably a bit less than the rumours that have been flying about.

Failed a drugs test and facing a minimal ban of around 6-9 months would be my guess. Club faced with a decision of standing by him, extending his contract and having an asset at the end of it or cutting ties now. My guess would be they took the second option and Mendez fought the decision. Harris said the PFA etc were involved in it. His statement thanked the fans and no reference to the club, Harris etc. Putting two and two together really, but the longer it goes without nothing coming out the less likely it’s anything criminal imo.
    With this added information, this is so far the most feasible sounding theory.

I can see that because even if he hadn't been charged yet it would have leaked out from local cops. It would seem a daft act to sack him if it was just that though.
    We don't know of course, but we can't help speculating can we. It's such a dissapointment because I thought we had great balance in the squad and this has upset it, not to mention what it might do to morale.

Brian Clough once said that football management is very simple - you just need every single player to be able to do his job. Well we had that ,and I really thought we were going to do well, but I'm less certain now because we're back to relying on some people who may or may not complete the task on any particular day. Without wishing to single the boy out, that applies particularly to Gavin Whyte, who seems the natural replacement.

Apparently Harris started his press conference today saying he could not say much for legal reasons.

Sounds more serious than a simple failed drugs test.

I had a look at a 'standard' players contract and the key things that could be deemed a 'serious breach' seem to be around:

* Lifestyle

* Club Property

* Anti-Doping

* Betting and match manipulation

But as an earlier post said none of us know what happened

Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post
    I had a look at a 'standard' players contract and the key things that could be deemed a 'serious breach' seem to be around:

* Lifestyle

* Club Property

* Anti-Doping

* Betting and match manipulation

But as an earlier post said none of us know what happened
    My guess would be anti - doping the fella's never looked right to me more like a NFL star padded up.

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    My guess would be anti - doping the fella's never looked right to me more like a NFL star padded up.
    His body shape has dramatically changed that's for sure .

I was beginning to think it was just me who noticed the two heads and an extra pair of arms..

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    I was beginning to think it was just me who noticed the two heads and an extra pair of arms..
    Lol!

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    He could have four legs and his first touch would still be shit.

Since when? He's always been a big lad

Why didn't you make us aware of these observations before this situation arose?