+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Do we need to replace NML?

Do we need to replace NML?

I think Ojo was brought in for this to be honest and the Arsenal boy can cover, we have the numbers but not sure on the quality yet.

For me we still need a first choice right back and a midfielder.

Re: Do we need to replace NML?

No, there are more pressing issues in the squad

We already have replaced him.

We got Hoilett, Murphy , Whyte and now Ojo*.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    certainly have the numbers.

Whyte for me hasnt shown he is anywhere near what we need. Ojo we will see.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    I think Ojo was brought in for this to be honest and the Arsenal boy can cover, we have the numbers but not sure on the quality yet.

Agreed we have already replaced him with Ojo and we need another No 10 to compete with Tomlin and another right back Gunter?

Yeah we need cover for Tomlin and right back.

Ideally we move a few on and get better in but that may be difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Whyte is crap and we're still waiting for the real Murphy to turn up.

no, hoilett and Murphy on the left and ojo and Whyte on the right is plenty

Murphy struggled last season and Whyte isnt up to it imo.

Murphy struggled last season and Whyte isnt up to it imo.
    they both deserve another chance

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Murphy has the qualiyu given the chance it would be a xoncrtn havint to rely on him.

I was hoping Whyte would go out on loan maybe to a league one club to try and get some form.

it would be a xoncrtn havint to rely on him.
    I completely agree.

No.
    Yes he had his good moments and some of the goals he scored were vital, but all too often he went missing and was certainly guilty of fumbling good passes too often.

I would much rather see a more dependable player, who consistently contributes more and would be happy to have a creative midfielder who does that.

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    I completely agree.

Whyte isn’t up to it. He’s had plenty of chances, he doesn’t have the quality. Murphy needs to be more consistent but he’s started well this season in the bits I’ve seen.

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Whyte isn’t up to it. He’s had plenty of chances, he doesn’t have the quality. Murphy needs to be more consistent but he’s started well this season in the bits I’ve seen.
    I'm not a fan of Whyte at all as I don't think he's looked anything like Championship quality going forward... but my only defence of him previously is that I thought he'd make a good wing-back. He's got bags of energy and stamina and is good at tracking back. If we are going to persist with 3 or 5 at the back, then he may be suited to the RWB role (or he may just be shit).

just didn't happen for him last season, but you never know be may yet find his feet.
    he does have a great engine, and prepared to track back and puts in a lot of tackles. perhaps right back could be an option.

certainly have the numbers.

Whyte for me hasnt shown he is anywhere near what we need. Ojo we will see.
    I would be disappointed if Whyte was anywhere near the first team squad ... Before NMLgate, I assumed he would be shipped off on loan to help him capture his Oxford form, there is little sign of him doing with us so far....

So that leaves us with Junior, Murphy and Ojo.. we would need an extra player in there.

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    I completely agree.

Quote Originally Posted by AfricanBluebird View Post
    I would be disappointed if Whyte was anywhere near the first team squad ... Before NMLgate, I assumed he would be shipped off on loan to help him capture his Oxford form, there is little sign of him doing with us so far....

So that leaves us with Junior, Murphy and Ojo.. we would need an extra player in there.
    Agreed

just didn't happen for him last season, but you never know be may yet find his feet.
    he does have a great engine, and prepared to track back and puts in a lot of tackles. perhaps right back could be an option.
    Now that's something I've never considered. You could be on to something here.

Quote Originally Posted by AfricanBluebird View Post

Unless someone leaves I cant see anymore wide players coming in. As well as Whyte , Patterson can play there as can Osei-Tutu. Tomlin could play wide in a 433 as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Unless someone leaves I cant see anymore wide players coming in. As well as Whyte , Patterson can play there as can Osei-Tutu. Tomlin could play wide in a 433 as well.
    I disagree with Paterson and Tomlin playing wide. Both so much better through the middle.