+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: FT: CARDIFF CITY 0 - 2 SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY. Match thread

Re: CARDIFF CITY v SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Harris did a great job getting the City to within a whisker of the play off final. But that doesn't change the fact the squad is woefully lacking in quality at this level - even so-called quality players like Murphy and Hoilett are inconsistent at best. We also miss Bamba massively. He organized, cajoled, pointed, shouted, anticipated, for 90+ minutes every game. Morrison and Nelson by contrast are mute statues..
    Morrison is definitely not mute!

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Harris did a great job getting the City to within a whisker of the play off final. But that doesn't change the fact the squad is woefully lacking in quality at this level - even so-called quality players like Murphy and Hoilett are inconsistent at best. We also miss Bamba massively. He organized, cajoled, pointed, shouted, anticipated, for 90+ minutes every game. Morrison and Nelson by contrast are mute statues..
    Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

Re: FT: CARDIFF CITY 0 - 2 SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY. Match thread

hopefully we strenghen now Etheridge has gone.

is Peltier still available on a free, get him and sanderson in on loan

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Harris has got this badly wrong-Lets hope a change in formation can work.
    Sounds like we should have gone to his famed 3 centre halves/5 at the back which has worked so well 🤷*♂️

Two games, one at home v Sheffield Wed and one away to lower division team. Two games, two defeats, no goal scored, five conceded. Not good is it? 5-3-2 last week which was awful, 4-5-1 changing to 4-4-2 this week, and both performances terrible. Centre backs look like statues, midfield very static, wide players still off form. Mind you we started like this last season!

Harris takes our most consistent central midfielder (Ralls) and plays him in a role he is totally unsuitable for (replacement for Tomlin). Time and time again he does this and time and time again it comes to nothing.

StT.
    <><

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    Two games, one at home v Sheffield Wed and one away to lower division team. Two games, two defeats, no goal scored, five conceded. Not good is it? 5-3-2 last week which was awful, 4-5-1 changing to 4-4-2 this week, and both performances terrible. Centre backs look like statues, midfield very static, wide players still off form. Mind you we started like this last season!

Today Harris played a genuine 4231 which he changed to 442 when Glatzel came on.

StT.
    <><

Cardiff City manager Neil Harris told BBC Sport Wales

"Not the start I had in mind, not at all. I feel a bit sucker-punched in the sense we dominated possession. We didn't hit the heights we have for the last nine months.

"It's the sort of game that if you aren't going to show the quality you need, you need it to finish 0-0, we needed that clean sheet mentality today.

"We were architects of our own downfall today. We didn't show the consistencies of a quality Championship side, you can't give two goals away like the ones we did. Both goals were really poor from us.

"Are we suffering a hangover from how last season ended? I understand the relevance of the question, but I hope not and I don't sense that we are."

Sheffield Wednesday manager Garry Monk:

"To get off to a winning start is what we were aiming for. It's one of 46 games - we have got the first three points but there are 45 to go.

"We were excellent. We talked about it being a physical game and (there being) a lot of direct play to compete with and to come out on top of. We did it and we finished our moments with quality.

"2-0 is a great position to be in but in any game it's a delicate scoreline - they get one back and it gives them something.

"But the focus was brilliant. I thought we deserved to win."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54037693

Great start to the season. When do the possession bonus points come into force that so many fans are happy with I assume.

At least he is open and honest
    "Today, were our set pieces good enough? No. Were we good enough in open play? No."

Quote Originally Posted by mazadona10 View Post
    Great start to the season. When do the possession bonus points come into force that so many fans are happy with I assume.
    We can be just as crap with above fifty per cent possession as we often are with less than of the ball - are you seriously advocating we look to have twenty to thirty per cent of possession as a matter of preference?

Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post
    I never had you down as a drama queen but blimey.
    Pardon? Drama queen? I can say for certain that if the jacks had started a season with lifeless 3-0 and 2-0 losses in a week that had also seen one of their players sacked, there would be speculation on here about there being problems in their dressing room.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!
    I don’t think he’s suggesting Bamba should be back, but Bamba a few years ago sped up our counter attacks

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    We can be just as crap with above fifty per cent possession as we often are with less than of the ball - are you seriously advocating we look to have twenty to thirty per cent of possession as a matter of preference?
    What I'm saying is for the last few years people have said how want to see possession football even if it impacts results. I think some people the dream is a lot better than the reality.

There's more than one way to win a game of football.

What I'm saying is for the last few years people have said how want to see possession football even if it impacts results. I think some people the dream is a lot better than the reality.

Possession football is fine if you create chances but today we had possession and created virtually nothing.

StT.
    <><

Give a little slack, Bob, he's been waiting 4 years to post that.

So, you're blaming a style of football on our loss today? Nothing to do with how it was implemented? C'mon, your argument is way to simplistic and could be turned the other way.

Pardon? Drama queen? I can say for certain that if the jacks had started a season with lifeless 3-0 and 2-0 losses in a week that had also seen one of their players sacked, there would be speculation on here about there being problems in their dressing room.
    And elsewhere within that Club. There is something wrong down Sloper Road. Whether it’s to do with NML no one knows, but something has certainly derailed the playing side. Time will tell.

Isn’t it a little early to suggest we have been ‘derailed’? Of course the ML situation is going to leave the team flat but a trouncing by a lower league club in the cup and a very disappointing first game defeat at home is hardly unknown territory for us.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    QUOTE=Former Labour leader;5115541]What with TuTu's and Ojo's my fecking heads spinning. Bothroyd was bad enough. ��
    I was impressed by Maurice Swan’s ‘Brain Clarke’ the other day for our Real Madrid hero[/QUOTE]

Who? The fella with the perfect grammar?

Been trying to get my 'brian' (sic) our performance.
    If we look at Harris'record with us, we have more wins away than at home. Think this may largely due due to the type of players we have, better at defending that attacking.
    It is obvious to everyone we need more creativity in midfield if Tomlin cannot play every week and at least one winger who can cross a ball instead of cutting inside. Without crosses coming in the chant will soon be 'I saw Keiffer Moore score' as Ronnie suffered exactly the same fate.
    Hopefully with 3 weeks of the window to go Harris can get that loan or free that will make all the difference. Essentially there is not a lot wrong with the squad that a bit of tinkering wont put right.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    Goes to show with our strikers the problem appears to be creativity and service into them rather than the player being bad.

We have given Moore absolutely nothing today. We should have sorted this out in the break and if we don't it will be a long season based on this.

We can't rely on this and bringing Tomlin on as our one creative spark every game.
    We needed Plan A. Paterson.

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    Been trying to get my 'brian' (sic) our performance.
    If we look at Harris'record with us, we have more wins away than at home. Think this may largely due due to the type of players we have, better at defending that attacking.
    It is obvious to everyone we need more creativity in midfield if Tomlin cannot play every week and at least one winger who can cross a ball instead of cutting inside. Without crosses coming in the chant will soon be 'I saw Keiffer Moore score' as Ronnie suffered exactly the same fate.
    Hopefully with 3 weeks of the window to go Harris can get that loan or free that will make all the difference. Essentially there is not a lot wrong with the squad that a bit of tinkering wont put right.
    This. We need an alternative to Tomlin who can beat a man and has an eye for a pass.
    If we are to persist with the wingers then they need to put balls in the box. If they can't and continually look to cut back and either lose the ball or play it backwards then there is little point them being there.
    If we are then going to go a bit more direct through the middle then we need more creativity. Ralls, Bacuna or Vaulks aren't this player and Bamba or Pack even less so.

Teams know at the moment that if they nullify our wingers and Tomlin when he makes his cameo appearance then that's us pretty much out of ideas barring the odd set piece where the cavalry charge forward but they are getting less productive by the season.

Having possession, I think it was the first time today we have won that battle in a very long time, is of little use if we do next to nothing with it. It was pretty patterns in front of their midfield and defence where they are happy for us to have the ball.

im not sure you can class away wins the same with no fans.

personally never wanted Harris, dont like him and while we seemed to get on a crest of a wave afer lock down i dont see much in him.

infact his odd obsession with Pack in those games cost us.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    This. We need an alternative to Tomlin who can beat a man and has an eye for a pass.
    If we are to persist with the wingers then they need to put balls in the box. If they can't and continually look to cut back and either lose the ball or play it backwards then there is little point them being there.
    I wonder if Murphy would work there or playing as an additional striker.