+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: FT: CARDIFF CITY 0 - 2 SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY. Match thread

Re: CARDIFF CITY v SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY. Match thread

This is bad.

How to suck all optimism from the new season within a week.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    Goes to show with our strikers the problem appears to be creativity and service into them rather than the player being bad.

We have given Moore absolutely nothing today. We should have sorted this out in the break and if we don't it will be a long season based on this.
    Moore looks good when he has players around that he can lay the ball off to. Haven't watched the game though, so I don't know what's gone on.

Moore as poor as anyone 2nd half.......and maybe Glatzel and Bacuna should concentrate on football instead of image by blonding their hair.

Bloody hell we cannot even cross the ball accurately.

What has happened to Tomlin? Did he go on a month-long bender? He looks well off the pace.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    What has happened to Tomlin? Did he go on a month-long bender? He looks well off the pace.
    And tubby

Absolutely appalling 2nd half....to think I paid £7 to watch that dross....I at least expect them to strain a gut to get in the game.

Moore looked good for the first five minutes of the match. Nothing since then. Ojo did absolutely nothing. Vaulks' worst game for us in a long time. Nothing to be happy about today. Miserable performance.

When was the last time we played this poorly in the league ?

Re: FT: CARDIFF CITY 0 - 2 SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY. Match thread

Shit.

Second half as lacklustre as I’ve ever seen from a Cardiff side

That was awful don’t think anyone deserves more than a 4 / 10 shit performance.

ouch

'Brilliant attitude by the lads!'

'Best training session since the play offs!'

'New lads fantastic and settled right in!'

Then a sloppy, lifeless performance to follow up the embarrassment of Northampton.

Oh well - the bubble was burst first game of last season too - and we ended up Top Six. A sickener though.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    They've lost the link to CCS now on Radio Wales, so we're listening to the jacks now, obviously I've done something to upset someone, somewhere today .
    Being down west I can only get the Jacks on Radio Wales every week! Hence I've signed up for the audio link.

Must confess I spent most of the 2nd half away from my desktop outside painting my garden seat, much more exciting.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Sounds like I'm missing nothing - maybe too early to start thinking like this, but limp and lifeless at Northampton, the Mendez-Laing sacking and now a first half here which Rob Phillips was saying was shocking are suggestive of problems in the dressing room.
    I never had you down as a drama queen but blimey.

Unless we can get Tomlin fit and back to his best, and for our inconsistent wingers to suddenly find form, then we will have a lower mid table season

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    That was awful don’t think anyone deserves more than a 4 / 10 shit performance.
    What's going on? Maybe general changing room unrest after the departure of NML?

Really had nothing today. Poor defensively for the 2nd, still not seen the first.

Some decent passing first half but without much threat at all.

Everyone seemed a yard slower than their counterparts and second half looked like they lacked any real belief we could get one back, let alone two. Really don't see where we are scoring enough goals to really challenge.

Combined with the Northampton result it just puts a bit more pressure on to get something at Forest next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post
    Moore looked good for the first five minutes of the match. Nothing since then. Ojo did absolutely nothing. Vaulks' worst game for us in a long time. Nothing to be happy about today. Miserable performance.
    It was a pretty awful team performance, but Vaulks stood out as being especially poor.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    Goes to show with our strikers the problem appears to be creativity and service into them rather than the player being bad.

We have given Moore absolutely nothing today. We should have sorted this out in the break and if we don't it will be a long season based on this.

We can't rely on this and bringing Tomlin on as our one creative spark every game.
    Yep strikers have to have the service to score we need our wingers to cross from the byline not the halfway line.

Just isn't good enough. I think maybe the NML thing was the final straw for morale.
    I thought we were going to do well this season, but there are too many players who can't play football now.
    The manager's had enough time to ensure consistency but it's failed.
    Where from here ? Mid table or lower. There's no shape and no clear strategy plus Tomlns porked up again and NML is gone.

Why he put three new players in a league game in one go defeats me. It's impossible that they could have all slotted in with each other and the rest of the team at the same time whoever they are, and now they've set a very very low standard which they'll be fighting to turn around .

Please buy a couple of midfielders Neil.

We knew this already, but we really need an alternative to Tomlin. Ralls does many things well, but he's not a playmaker.

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    Just isn't good enough. I think maybe the NML thing was the final straw for morale.
    I thought we were going to do well this season, but there are too many players who can't play football now.
    The manager's had enough time to ensure consistency but it's failed.
    Where from here ? Mid table or lower. There's no shape and no clear strategy plus Tomlns porked up again and NML is gone.

Why he put three new players in a league game in one go defeats me. It's impossible that they could have all slotted in with each other and the rest of the team at the same time whoever they are, and now they've set a very very low standard which they'll be fighting to turn around .
    Hold on now it’s a poor performance but it’s only 1 game.

Sheffield’s squad is a good squad.

Harris did a great job getting the City to within a whisker of the play off final. But that doesn't change the fact the squad is woefully lacking in quality at this level - even so-called quality players like Murphy and Hoilett are inconsistent at best. We also miss Bamba massively. He organized, cajoled, pointed, shouted, anticipated, for 90+ minutes every game. Morrison and Nelson by contrast are mute statues..

Quote Originally Posted by Welshcake. View Post
    Please buy a couple of midfielders Neil.
    It's needed, although i am starting to get a little concerned over Harris' tactics when we are in possession, and how he utilises the midfield three, to me, they're an extension of our defence on far to many occasions. This reliance on wide players to perform is starting the wear a bit thin for me.I hope it changes and that we start seeing some creativity through the middle, some invention, risk taking and responsibility. If we don't then it'll become easy for teams to nullify us as the supply is from out central three, it's an over reliance and it's cautious. I'm pissed off with that performance, and the managers tactics. ****ing dreadful.