+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: FT: CARDIFF CITY 0 - 2 SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY. Match thread

FT: CARDIFF CITY 0 - 2 SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY. Match thread

Saturday 12th September, ko 3:00pm.

Re: CARDIFF CITY v SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY. Match thread

Before the NML shock I was hopeful of a good start to the season. Now I'm not so sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    Before the NML shock I was hopeful of a good start to the season. Now I'm not so sure.
    One swallow don't make a summer BLUUUUUUUEBIRDS.

Interesting points from Harris' presser.
    1 Eheridge on his way to Brum
    2 Decent fee, may be reinvested in players
    3 Ralls and Tomlin both training. Both be considered for squad.
    4 Whyte has knock so probably out
    5 OjI bought as a left footed player who can play behind front man, as well as winger.
    6 No othe immediate plans to buy but may change if players go out.
    7 Said nothing of note about NML sityation'due to legalities'

Smithies

Tutu
    Nelson
    Morrison
    Bennett

Pack
    Vaulks
    Bacuna

Murphy
    Moore
    Hoilett

Would be my preferred team with the options clearly available, but with the five at the back being played a few times in pre season, and potentially a lack of midifeld options on the bench, won't be surprised if it's 5 at the back saturday.

Match officials:

Referee: ANDREW MADLEY
    Assistants: Harry Lennard and Edward Smart
    Fourth Official : Mark Pottage

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    Smithies

Tutu
    Nelson
    Morrison
    Bennett

Pack
    Vaulks
    Bacuna

Murphy
    Moore
    Hoilett

Would be my preferred team with the options clearly available, but with the five at the back being played a few times in pre season, and potentially a lack of midifeld options on the bench, won't be surprised if it's 5 at the back saturday.
    Cant see 5 at the back after Northampton horror show. Ralls and Tomlin both fit and likely to be on bench. I think your team is spot on, perhaps Oji instead of Murphy?

Cant see 5 at the back after Northampton horror show. Ralls and Tomlin both fit and likely to be on bench. I think your team is spot on, perhaps Oji instead of Murphy?
    Not being pedantic but his name is Ojo

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Not being pedantic but his name is Ojo
    Think the ship for correcting how people on this board spelt our own players names sailed many years ago

I'm eager to see how this Ojo performs, Rangers fans would have you believe he's naff but I fancy him to be a decent player. The real Neil's first proper transfer window as january is rubbish, hoping he has an eye for talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    Think the ship for correcting how people on this board spelt our own players names sailed many years ago
    What with TuTu's and Ojo's my fecking heads spinning. Bothroyd was bad enough. 🤒

QUOTE=Former Labour leader;5115541]What with TuTu's and Ojo's my fecking heads spinning. Bothroyd was bad enough. ��[/QUOTE]

I was impressed by Maurice Swan’s ‘Brain Clarke’ the other day for our Real Madrid hero

Did wednesday sign anyone decent in the break?

Think they started prtty well last season but tailed off

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Did wednesday sign anyone decent in the break?

Think they started prtty well last season but tailed off

They signed Josh Windass (AM - was on loan), Elias Kachunga (CF - from Huddersfield), Izzy Brown (AM - on loan from Chelsea), Chey Dunkley (CB - from Wigan) a Man City u23 midfielder and a couple of defenders.

They have lost Morgan Fox (LB), Steven Fletcher (CF), Sam Winnall (CF), Fernando Forestieri (No 10), Sam Hutchinson (DM), Kieran Lee (DM), Atdhe Nuhiu (CF), Connor Wickham (CF), Jacob Murphy (wing) and six other assorted squad players.

They have reduced their squad and wage bill a lot. Still got some good players - Barry Bannon now captain instead of Tom Lees - but surely a weaker squad than this time last year - unless they have got a clutch of very good youth players to step up?

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    They signed Josh Windass (AM - was on loan), Elias Kachunga (CF - from Huddersfield), Izzy Brown (AM - on loan from Chelsea), Chey Dunkley (CB - from Wigan) a Man City u23 midfielder and a couple of defenders.

They have lost Morgan Fox (LB), Steven Fletcher (CF), Sam Winnall (CF), Fernando Forestieri (No 10), Sam Hutchinson (DM), Kieran Lee (DM), Atdhe Nuhiu (CF), Connor Wickham (CF), Jacob Murphy (wing) and six other assorted squad players.

They have reduced their squad and wage bill a lot. Still got some good players - Barry Bannon now captain instead of Tom Lees - but surely a weaker squad than this time last year - unless they have got a clutch of very good youth players to step up?
    They underperformed last year but if they continue that form, with the personnel changes they have we should be able to win.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    They underperformed last year but if they continue that form, with the personnel changes they have we should be able to win.
    I just hope we don't make Josh Windass look like a world beater again - I haven't got over the memories of Wigan away in the first game last season, with him running past Mozzer and Flint as if they were statues. A bad day for lots of reasons.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49135732

Looking forward to NH first line up and how they link up and provide a supply route to Moore, as he is a different type forward too Glatzel. Could you play both ?

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    I just hope we don't make Josh Windass look like a world beater again - I haven't got over the memories of Wigan away in the first game last season, with him running past Mozzer and Flint as if they were statues. A bad day for lots of reasons.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49135732
    It was embarrassing, he ripped our defence apart

Tomlin on the bench. Get in

Are we trying to offload Flint? I'm surprised that Bamba even makes the bench after last week.

Perfect team under the circumstances!

Strong bench - and further evidence that Harris puts Sol ahead of Flint in the CB pecking order. Both were prominent in training pictures and videos this week. Great to see Ojo and Moore start.

Bamba was a machine before his injury but last week proved his legs are gone. Hopefully he stays with us for a coaching role of some sort, but shouldn't be near the 18

Also. Is Cunningham away to Bristol then?