+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: FT: CARDIFF CITY 0 - 2 SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY. Match thread

Re: FT: CARDIFF CITY 0 - 2 SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    I wonder if Murphy would work there or playing as an additional striker.
    I don't know if you can remember Murphy against Spurs away in the Premier League but his pace absolutely scared the life out of them. I think he could play up top no probs and a lot more effectively than being isolated on the wing because teams just double up or force the wingers inside because they know we have no creativity in the middle.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    This. We need an alternative to Tomlin who can beat a man and has an eye for a pass.
    If we are to persist with the wingers then they need to put balls in the box. If they can't and continually look to cut back and either lose the ball or play it backwards then there is little point them being there.
    If we are then going to go a bit more direct through the middle then we need more creativity. Ralls, Bacuna or Vaulks aren't this player and Bamba or Pack even less so.
    I wonder if Murphy would work there or playing as an additional striker.
    Harris has made a point of describing Sheyi Ojo as a winger or a No 10. Every time he has spoken about him I have thought he saw him as an alternative to Tomlin as much as a winger. The timing of NML's sacking has made everyone see Ojo as a straight replacement. He may be - but it wouldn't surprise me to see him played behind Moore. Whether he would be any good there is another question!

I don't know if you can remember Murphy against Spurs away in the Premier League but his pace absolutely scared the life out of them. I think he could play up top no probs and a lot more effectively than being isolated on the wing because teams just double up or force the wingers inside because they know we have no creativity in the middle.
    Was it Middlesbrough away towards the end of last season when he played a more central role, bagged two goals and was a threat all game?

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Was it Middlesbrough away towards the end of last season when he played a more central role, bagged two goals and was a threat all game?
    Huddersfield maybe.

I wasn't at the game so not sure if he was out on the wing and just played off the cuff and came more central but he looked fairly cool with his finishes.

Out on the wing he just gets crowded out. A lot is his own fault being a bit ponderous and trying to be too tricky and ultimately losing the ball. If he keeps it simple he's got pace to burn off most players by keeping it simple.

Re: CARDIFF CITY v SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    And elsewhere within that Club. There is something wrong down Sloper Road. Whether it’s to do with NML no one knows, but something has certainly derailed the playing side. Time will tell.
    Drama queen mark II

Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post
    Drama queen mark II
    I love this messageboard sometimes. Opening day defeat? All the players obviously hate each other

Hold on now it’s a poor performance but it’s only 1 game.

Sheffield’s squad is a good squad.

Sadly we can't afford performances as bad as that if we seriously want promotion. It's okay if you're aiming at mid table but after the recent past we should be aiming much much higher. A lot of money's been spent and he's got - or had - a squad which should be in at least the top four.
    See, it's not just a matter of one game gong wrong ,which can and does happen, it was systematic and whatever they were trying to do doesn't work. Possession won't win games as we should know and you need a sold defence because that's the basic thing.

I don't mean to kick them when they're down but I'm just calling as I see it. As a matter of fact I saw Paul Merson on tv, who'd watched it and he said pretty much the same.
    I'm heartbroken about it.

Huddersfield maybe.

I wasn't at the game so not sure if he was out on the wing and just played off the cuff and came more central but he looked fairly cool with his finishes.

Out on the wing he just gets crowded out. A lot is his own fault being a bit ponderous and trying to be too tricky and ultimately losing the ball. If he keeps it simple he's got pace to burn off most players by keeping it simple.
    He did score at Huddersfield and came on and scored two at Middlesbrough. He may be an option to play closer to Moore rather than out wide where he doesn’t pose much of a threat.

Kadeem has the last laugh, then...

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    I love this messageboard sometimes. Opening day defeat? All the players obviously hate each other
    I know it’s absolutely bonkers

Why so called fans would spread silly gossip with no substance is beyond me.