+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Etheridge to Birmingham

Etheridge to Birmingham

Re: Etheridge to Birmingham

Shame, he seems to enjoy the South Wales life, his instagram often shows him with his dogs around the coast and fab local countryside, although familiar territory having been at Walsall before.

Good business for the club though.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Permanent signing or loan I wonder? Birmingham have the Bellingham cash, so it may be the former, but my guess is the fee would reflect the new realism.

Think well know better if he's not on the bench Saturday.
    Ps not convinced about Joe Day. You can almost guarantee Smithies will get a knock early doors.

Isnt the youngster highly rated?

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    He was last year, but then, again, it seems City have had no end of very good sixteen and seventeen year olds that get hyped up and then you barely hear about them again.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/spo...eeper-18909253

Birmingham media saying he's having a medical. Good luck, Neil

I think it's a good move for everyone it's pointless having a keeper that good as a number 2. Joe day kicking is questionable and Newport County fans have told me this but other than that what I've seen of him he has looked OK.

I'm sure it's something that coaches can work with him on its not like he duffs one to an attacker every other game.

Watch Smithies get injured now

Good business for both clubs, a bloody good keeper for a bargain price, and money saved on someone who won't play and will go for nothing in 12 months

Always liked him seemed a decent person in a ladish footballers world .

Great shot stopper , poor distributor , at times looked nervous with back passes , guessing that was due to his own confidence in playing it out comfortably with his his feet , also felt his areal ability was sometimes suspect which could cause panic amongst his defenders .

Watching Smithies and the defense they look a calmer and more efficient unit dealing with the areas mentioned above .

Good signing if happens for Brum.

Good luck to the lad .

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Yes I read that somewhere very good apparently only 19 Welsh Lad George Ratcliffe there is another lad Bradely Stewart , would be nice to see a Welsh George in goals at some point. And many more young local Welsh players please .

if we can get a fee and get another position in then fine by me.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    if we can get a fee and get another position in then fine by me.
    There seems to be some sensible business being done this window. A fair chunk off the wage bill, a potential bargain for Kieffer and a couple of young loanees.

If we're taking sentimentally out of the equation, Sol joining up with Middlesboro would be ideal too.

Quote Originally Posted by PhyllisStant View Post
    There seems to be some sensible business being done this window. A fair chunk off the wage bill, a potential bargain for Kieffer and a couple of young loanees.

If we're taking sentimentally out of the equation, Sol joining up with Middlesboro would be ideal too.
    Sign of the times but feel we are a bit thin on quality in areas. We've only really strengthened ST. Got a RB in who replaces another RB that has left. A winger in who will hopefully be an adequate replacement for NML but time will tell.

If cunningham and Etheridge go as predicted then we look quite light to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Sign of the times but feel we are a bit thin on quality in areas. We've only really strengthened ST. Got a RB in who replaces another RB that has left. A winger in who will hopefully be an adequate replacement for NML but time will tell.

If cunningham and Etheridge go as predicted then we look quite light to me.
    Agree we look a bit light, but there will be quite a bit of horse trading being done over next couple of weeks. Hopefully we will strengthen further.

Seen on twitter 1.5m is the fee, think he's worth bit more than that . Guarantee Smithies injury beginning of the season

Quote Originally Posted by darran1927 View Post
    Seen on twitter 1.5m is the fee, think he's worth bit more than that . Guarantee Smithies injury beginning of the season
    Out of contract in 9 months and he's on big money. Beggars can't be choosers.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Seems like a good deal for us if true.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Seems like a good deal for us if true.
    I agree, I don't see too many places where he could go, either. Kieffer only cost 350k Moore (sorry).

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    True and his wages probably pretty high

True and his wages probably pretty high
    The fact he's still here is proof there isn't a lot of interest! He's only worth what we can get as we're trying to sell!

Had to be done, one had to go and it wasn’t going to be Joe Day swelling the coffers and, reluctantly because he’s been a good servant who’s never seemed to rock the boat when out of favour, in fact he seemed very supportive when on the bench, I’m happier that it’s Etheridge, I’m firmly in the Smithies camp.

Harris says it is very advanced (ie it is done)

Sounds like the fee is considerably less than £1.5m

Have to disagree, Birmingham have just signed Andres Prieto from Espanyol as their #1, why would Etheridge go there & sit on the bench. I don't understand why City would want to weaken one area we're strong in, seems we don't value strength in depth in vital areas.