+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: NML. Opportunity for someone.

NML. Opportunity for someone.

Putting aside the issue of him being sacked for now, I think it's a great opportunity to bring in someone more consistent.

At his best NML looked a world beater.. sadly he was rarely at his best, suffered injuries and illnesses that kept him out for some time and if the team was playing poorly he also played poorly.

Being completely clinical about it... NML has 3 or 4 exceptional games a season, 6 or 7 decent games and the rest he's either injured or poor.

I think fans are forgetting how ineffective he can be and just remembering the exceptional moments he's brought.

It's all a bit sad really but does free up a space for someone else.

Re: NML. Opportunity for someone.

Quote Originally Posted by AfricanBluebird View Post
    Putting aside the issue of him being sacked for now, I think it's a great opportunity to bring in someone more consistent.

At his best NML looked a world beater.. sadly he was rarely at his best, suffered injuries and illnesses that kept him out for some time and if the team was playing poorly he also played poorly.

Being completely clinical about it... NML has 3 or 4 exceptional games a season, 6 or 7 decent games and the rest he's either injured or poor.

I think fans are forgetting how ineffective he can be and just remembering the exceptional moments he's brought.

I think the club knew this was coming and hes already been replaced.

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Club could terminate his contract but retain his registration

Quote Originally Posted by light up the darkness View Post
    interesting thought , what happens if someone wants to buy him in the future ?

Quote Originally Posted by light up the darkness View Post
    is that allowed - isn't that restraint of trade?

if this was the case surely if someone was becoming a free agent at the end of their contract the club could just keep their registration?

wasn't that what bosman was all about?

Quote Originally Posted by AfricanBluebird View Post

Not sure I entirely agree. NML brought a nice balance to the side, even when not on song. At his best he made the team as a whole unplayable.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    I think the club knew this was coming and hes already been replaced.
    He's not been training, they've known about this for weeks if not longer. Ojo is his replacement.

Allegedly .........he's crashed a car, injuring two other people in the process, (while under the influence of one or the other) and then run off. I was advised that what was left in said vehicle may or may not have been of interest to the authorities when it was inspected, and made things more serious.
    This issue would not have been minor as no club would dispense with a valuable asset at the start of a new season on a whim. Someone at the training ground has a loose tongue.......